transportaion pass

S.S.Oceanlover

I hope you tan fast. The travel time Hamilton <> Dockyard is about 20 minutes; Dockyard <> St George 40-45 minutes. The top deck is partially covered; main deck is enclosed.

Img%5Cferry%5Cresolute.JPG

SBtS

Thanks for the picture.

This thread has been so helpful and I have another question.

We get in around noon on Sun. is there a Catholic mass in the afternoon or evening and if so which bus?

Thanks in advance.

Linda

St Theresa's Cathedral holds a mass at 6pm on Sunday evenings. They're located in Hamilton on Cedar Avenue. I'll leave the transport advice to SBtS - he's the pro at that sort of thing ;)!

You can get ferry route and schedule at

http://www.marineandports.bm/Img/downloads/BMOC/summer_schedule_11.pdf

and bus at

http://www.gov.bm/portal/server.pt?cached=true&in_hi_userid=2&mode=2&objID=252&open=512

may change but if nothing else will give you an idea of what is available.

John

There is really no public transportation option to get someone back to Dockyard from Hamilton on Sunday after that 6pm mass. If the ferry schedule is similar to last summer's (which is what the link given above leads to), there are no ferries that late...and there is exactly one bus from Hamilton to Dockyard after about 5pm on Sunday...but that (a # 8) doesn't leave Hamilton until 10:45 pm!

We will be in Bermuda on the Enchantment on a Saturday and Sunday. Will all buses and ferries operate on the weekend?

There is no scheduled ferry service for Dockyard <> St George on weekends. There is a reduced schedule for ferry service for Dockyard <> Hamilton on weekends.The buses run reduced schedules on weekends.

SBtS

• 1 month later...

This has been a great thread and answered many questions, however I haven't seen a discussion of the time period for the passes.

Do the passes work by calendar day or 24 hour period? In other words, if we bought a one day pass at noon on Wednesday, does it expire at midnight or is it good until noon on Thursday?

This has been a great thread and answered many questions, however I haven't seen a discussion of the time period for the passes.

Do the passes work by calendar day or 24 hour period? In other words, if we bought a one day pass at noon on Wednesday, does it expire at midnight or is it good until noon on Thursday?

Calendar day...a pass you first use at any hour on Wednesday expires at midnight Wednesday (or is it 11:59pm :confused::))

• 1 month later...

They sell 1 day for $12, 2 day for $20, and 3 day for $28. Those were the prices last November when my daughter and I were there. We did the 2 day pass and hung around the Dockyard the sail out day. Worked out great.

We'll be in Bermuda 7/14 and 7/15. We're planning on taking the #7 (or Special) bus to Horseshoe Bay on 7/14 (Saturday) and the ferry to Hamilton on 7/15 (Sunday).

While the two-day pass is $20 per person, it seems I'll be a bit better off buying eight 14-zone tokens (at $4 each). That's $32, less than two two-day passes ($40 total).

Does this plan sound okay?

We'll be in Bermuda 7/14 and 7/15. We're planning on taking the #7 (or Special) bus to Horseshoe Bay on 7/14 (Saturday) and the ferry to Hamilton on 7/15 (Sunday).

While the two-day pass is $20 per person, it seems I'll be a bit better off buying eight 14-zone tokens (at $4 each). That's $32, less than two two-day passes ($40 total).

Does this plan sound okay?[/quote

Yes, it sounds OK as long as you are 100% sure that you'll only be doing those 2 round trips during your stay.

I prefer the convenience of the transportation pass.

SBtS

Does this plan sound okay?[/quote

Yes, it sounds OK as long as you are 100% sure that you'll only be doing those 2 round trips during your stay.

I prefer the convenience of the transportation pass.

SBtS

I agree. At first when I saw the 15/$30 option I thought it might be an idea but for the cost savings not really worth the bother, plus as you say if you decide on another trip or stop or 2, you may not have enough anyway.

Yes, it sounds OK as long as you are 100% sure that you'll only be doing those 2 round trips during your stay. I prefer the convenience of the transportation pass.

I'm sure they'll be our only trips, we're only docked in Bermuda for about 29 hours. This is our fifth time to Bermuda, so we don't feel the need to cram a lot in.

I agree. At first when I saw the 15/$30 option I thought it might be an idea but for the cost savings not really worth the bother, plus as you say if you decide on another trip or stop or 2, you may not have enough anyway

Yeah, the money savings is insignificant. And it'll be more hassle dealing with the tokens than the paper transportation pass. I guess I was curious more than anything. Thanks for the info guys.

Good Thread, very informative.

To summarise you can buy the Three Day passes for Buses and Ferry in Dockyard (Where specifically please, TI?)and the approximate break even point for trips a day over Ticket books is 6.

I'll be honest here and say that on all my City Break trips I always get a pass rather than tickets for my Wife and I.

As has already been said it helps you relax and it also has a margin of error (Getting on the wrong bus is an adventure and a learning exercise not a waste of money) and offers greater security (If you get split up for example)

As we are on a little bit of a budget and will mostly want to 'See' rather than do whilst we are in Bermuda this will be an invaluable purchase.

Good Thread, very informative.

To summarise you can buy the Three Day passes for Buses and Ferry in Dockyard (Where specifically please, TI?)and the approximate break even point for trips a day over Ticket books is 6.

Transportation passes and tokens are purchased at the Visitor information Center. There are 3 located at the Dockyard. There is one on each wharf and one near the ferry dock. Ticket books are not sold at the Dockyard. You would have to ferry (cash not accepted) into Hamilton and walk to the PTB Central Terminal to purchase them.

Since the cost of a book of 15 tickets is $30.00, the cost of a ferry or bus ride is $2.00/ride vs by token of $4.00/ride for up to 15 rides per person. Small offset would be buying the ticket book in Hamilton which would require a ferry/bus ride to, at least, and return. Small downside to the tickets is the person has to keep a close track over usage or would end up having to purchase tokens to cover any shortfall. Small benefit of the ticket is that it doesn't expire unless fares are increased.

current fares:

BusFareNewV2.jpg

SBtS

my view of the ticket/pass thing is different. I take a cab a lot even in Bermuda. I don't feel that I am tied to the pass. I have tickets for the times I use the Ferry or the bus but when I want to get places quickly I am on vacation and just take a cab even if it cost more. with 4 people even with the tickets it is still not "bad" to take a cab most places...but if I bought an all day pass....

For example to horseshoe its down and up a large hill if you use the bus(or extra for the jitney that goes up and down as well)...then there is waiting for the crowded bus. but most times I just take a cab..for about $30---and sometimes I have them stop at the grocery store on the way back too...

Transportation passes and tokens are purchased at the Visitor information Center. There are 3 located at the Dockyard. There is one on each wharf and one near the ferry dock. Ticket books are not sold at the Dockyard. You would have to ferry (cash not accepted) into Hamilton and walk to the PTB Central Terminal to purchase them.

Since the cost of a book of 15 tickets is $30.00, the cost of a ferry or bus ride is $2.00/ride vs by token of $4.00/ride for up to 15 rides per person. Small offset would be buying the ticket book in Hamilton which would require a ferry/bus ride to, at least, and return. Small downside to the tickets is the person has to keep a close track over usage or would end up having to purchase tokens to cover any shortfall. Small benefit of the ticket is that it doesn't expire unless fares are increased.

current fares:

BusFareNewV2.jpg

SBtS

LOVING YOUR WORK here SBtS, Armed with this information and my Trusty Globetrotter i will get off to a FLYER on my three days.

Cheers

See your point fella and respect the point of view but for me the Journey is as much as exciting as the being there ;-)

my view of the ticket/pass thing is different. I take a cab a lot even in Bermuda. I don't feel that I am tied to the pass. I have tickets for the times I use the Ferry or the bus but when I want to get places quickly I am on vacation and just take a cab even if it cost more. with 4 people even with the tickets it is still not "bad" to take a cab most places...but if I bought an all day pass....

For example to horseshoe its down and up a large hill if you use the bus(or extra for the jitney that goes up and down as well)...then there is waiting for the crowded bus. but most times I just take a cab..for about $30---and sometimes I have them stop at the grocery store on the way back too...

Archived