Would you choose SSUnited States or QSine on Infinity?

CarolinaMamma

If you could choose to eat in ONE specialty restaurant on Infinity, which one would you choose?

We will be traveling with our kids and want to eat with them most nights, so we plan to mostly be in the MDR, but we though one night we might make other arrangements for the kids (Fun Factory dinner party -they are begging to try the sushi in the buffet) and DH and Iwill have a "date night" dinner in one of the specialty restaurants where kids under 12 are not allowed.

Which would you choose and why?

Also, if you have special dietary requirements and tell Celebrity about them in advance, and make a reservation before the cruise for a specialty restaurant, will the specialty restaurant know about it, or will you have to explain your dietary requirements to your waiter when you are seated? Are the specialty restaurants as good about handling these as the MDR is? My specific needs are low-sugar and gluten-free. Maybe more of an issue in QSine?

Thanks for your recommendations.

SS United States. Perfect for a nice quite romantic dinner for two. For dietary needs, speak with the Maitre d of the restaurant shortly after boarding and making your reservation.

Agree! Do the wine pairings, but share them. Otherwise you will be so full you won't fully enjoy it. Learn from our mistake last year! :D

As far as dietary requirements, if you let them know prior, they will touch base with you on the ship.

Enjoy!

SS United States on both counts. We don't care much form Qsine. Although we seem to be in the minority of posters. It is an unique experience and should be done once, anyway. As Frank said SS US perfect for a "Date Night". Service is outstanding, the staff is friendly and The food is excellent. There is no rush either, we have spent over three hours and have closed the joint down a couple of times.

Yes, give them as much lead time as you can. After calling X before hand, drop by on the first evening and touch bace with Manager. In case shoreside drops the ball. They have low sugar and gluten free foods everywhere in the ship, DW is diabetic and has no problem with the menus.~ Ric

Qsine.... the sommelier will pair whatever wines you want perfectly, so no need to buy a package.... the food is more inventive and overall less heavy than the continental style specialty restaurants (I've only done Normandie aboard the Summit, but did not care for it)....

That's a tough question. We love both, but they're so completely different I don't think I could choose one over the other. At either restaurant the maitre d' and wait staff will be very accommodating of any dietary needs. When we went to Qsine on Eclipse last year the chef even came out to discuss DH's dietary needs with him, and modified some dishes he really wanted to try so he could eat them.

Enjoy your cruise!

I was on the Imfinity in January. We ate at the SS United States, once and weren't impressed. We canceled another reservation we had there.

We liked Qsine so much that we organized a dinner there at the end of the cruise with 12 other people that we became friends with.

Qsine is a real modern high end big city style restaurant, it isn't for the steak and potato crowd.

To those who like or don't like QSine, tell me more! I am curious.

We are kind of foodies. Well, not as much now that we have 3 kids, but we still appreciate good food, even though we don't get out as often as we used to, and we are both pretty adventurous when it comes to food. I will try anything new except cute animals, and dh will eat literally anything except canned tuna and eggplant. (Love cooking for him!)

That being said, we certainly do appreciate well-prepared, simple foods too. I am currently gluten-free. Sometimes that is easier to do with the simple foods.

The iPads in Qsine are not a big deal. My husband is a major techie. We both have iPads, use them all the time, typing on one right now. That aspect Of QSine woud not be novel to us.

I am big on atmosphere and lighting. Prefer darker restaurants for a date night. And not being right on top of neighboring tables.

SS United States. Perfect for a nice quite romantic dinner for two. For dietary needs, speak with the Maitre d of the restaurant shortly after boarding and making your reservation.

+ 1 ditto for us...

QSine is nice and fun, but romantic "date night" probably SS United States better choice...

SSUnited States. Qsine is a kitchy food-a-thon. Interesting but IMHO not gourmet when compared to SS US. I did Qsine once. Glad I did it but never again. I could do SS United States (or Normandie or Murano) every cruise.

Agree with above SS US is lovely, romantic and the food amazing. Qsine (we did it on Silouette) is way too much food for 2 people (a group of 4 or more would be ok) and not in the least romantic.

We had one of the best, if not best, meals in our lives in the SS United States. Definately the best service we have ever received. Very romantic too. We were seated by ourselves at the one table in the wine cellar making it even more special. Never been in the Qsine.

Agree with above SS US is lovely, romantic and the food amazing. Qsine (we did it on Silouette) is way too much food for 2 people (a group of 4 or more would be ok) and not in the least romantic.

You can eat as little or as much food as you want at Qsine. It is just as good with two people as it is with a larger group.

If you are "meat and potatoes" person, SS United States is wonderful.

I wanted to go to Q zine after attending a demonstration, but it's all about small portions and presentation. My DH is only a "grazer" at Sam's Club and his idea of presentation is: knife, fork, plate, food, so I was not able to convince him to go.

We did have a fabulous meal at SS United States on Infinity in January. The service is impeccable. The food was awesome and they made accommodations for everything just to make us happy. I felt so special and pampered.

I think that SS United States is a fine dining restaurant and Q zine is more of a "food experience" than a dining venue.

Just one woman's opinion, and very subjective at that.

Going on Century in a month and will definitely try Murano.

For a "date night" dinner, I would go to the SS United States.

Wonderful food and service.

That being said, we also love Qsine and have dined there about 6 times on various ships. It is fun place with a very inventive menu and good food. Go there with a group and you'll have a good time. Amazing service there also.

We were on the Infinity in late Jan., early Feb. We dined in the SS US once and in Qsine twice. All enjoyable.

Going on Century in a month and will definitely try Murano.

You will enjoy Murano on Century, we did (10/10) and found it VERY similar to SS Untied States on Infinity (06/11). the menu is nearly identical.

You will enjoy Murano on Century, we did (10/10) and found it VERY similar to SS Untied States on Infinity (06/11). the menu is nearly identical.

Thank you! That is happy news.

That rack of lamb I had at SS United States was "to die for". I'm looking forward to having it again.

We ate at the SS United States on the Summit and they made a gluten free and corn free Grand Marnier Souffle for desert at our request. My DH can't understand why I can't make such a delicous desert. Enjoy!

Valerie

Hi Valerie:) the restaurant on Summit is called "Normandie" but

the food is in the same genre as USS United States, which is on

Infinty:)

Archived