Carnival Conquest moving to Miami

Conquest is also showing up as berthing in AMSTERDAM according to Cruise Industry News!

I just looked at the Amsterdam schedule.

It says Glory Class ship and unknown CCL ship.

http://www.ptamsterdam.nl/index.php?site=cruises&hc=cruisekalender

22/06/2013 Carnival Glory Cruise Ship Class at Amsterdam Marine Terminal

02/07/2013 Carnival Cruise ship (unknown which one) at Amsterdam Marine Terminal

I guess I was hoping for some new itineraries. Yes it does sail one week from San Juan but then basically goes to the same ports as the other ships doing 7 day cruises. I would love a cruise out of Miami that does Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts. Did it several years ago on NCL and loved the itinerary but did not care for NCL.

I have to admit that I hate this plan! I love the Conquest and was looking forward to sailing on her a few more times in the future - out of New Orleans. So, is New Orleans to have the Sunshine and Elation only? Hate that, too. The Elation has very few balcony cabins and it looks as though the Sunshine will be quite crowded with the new configuration. Perhaps my luck in being so close to a port has finally run out.

Victory is replacing Valor.

Conquest is replacing Destiny.

Destiny..renamed Sunshine is replacing Conquest.

Gotcha. I was just about to look up Destiny/Sunshine, I thought I'd read it was going across the pond.

Victory is replacing Valor.

Conquest is replacing Destiny.

Destiny..renamed Sunshine is replacing Conquest.

I would say:

Valor is replacing Victory

Victory is replacing Destiny

Sunshine is replacing Conquest

Conquest is replacing Valor

Hmmm, the one way from New Orleans to San Juan got me thinking about a possibility.....

What if Carnival offered one way 7 night cruises from New Orleans to San Juan followed by one way 7 night cruises from San Juan to New Orleans? Each one way would visit 3-4 different ports.

That way people from the Gulf would truly be able to experience new destinations on a 7 night itinerary and only pay one way airfare!

OR

They could sail back to back from New Orleans and turn it into a 2 week Caribbean extravaganza, save the money on airfare, and truly get to experience what the Caribbean is about (NOT Cozumel!).

-0-

The one way from New Orleans to San Juan looks veeeeery tempting! :cool:

Hopefully, she'll be getting refurbished sometime soon. I guess they thought Galveston didn't need 2 ships.

Oh well. It's still pretty boring news to me. :rolleyes:

The Conquest has been in NOLA since last fall.

Galveston still has 2 ships, the Magic and the Triumph

I'm sad that the Conquest is leaving NOLA. I sail on her in September and that will probably be the last time until these crazy airline prices come down.

The Conquest has been in NOLA since last fall.

Galveston still has 2 ships, the Magic and the Triumph

I'm sad that the Conquest is leaving NOLA. I sail on her in September and that will probably be the last time until these crazy airline prices come down.

You still have 1.5 years before she moves to Miami..

I guess I was hoping for some new itineraries. Yes it does sail one week from San Juan but then basically goes to the same ports as the other ships doing 7 day cruises. I would love a cruise out of Miami that does Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts. Did it several years ago on NCL and loved the itinerary but did not care for NCL.

I'm with you there. I'd like to see some more Southern options which DON'T depart from SJ.

Looks like the Conquest and the Liberty are doing the exact same itineraries. You would think two ships out of the same port would do different itineraries.

I like the set-up with Liberty on Sat. and Glory/Valor on Sun. It makes a huge difference with work schedules and travel plans.

I have just about given up on Mr. Heald. I met him on the Magic , and he told me there would be 10 day sailings from Galveston starting July 2013 , and after waiting for the new sailings to come out , that was a bunch of BS. I think he tells you what you want to hear. It took him 7 months to answer me on his blog. We went on RC mariner recently , and it beat the Magic hands down. Before anybody torches me , we are still sailing on Carnival , and this is just my opinion.

I happened to be looking at Carnival's website this morning and noticed that the Conquest will be sailing out of Miami come Nov. 2013.

Is this the exciting news JH was talking about that might be announced today?

Archived