Carnival Conquest moving to Miami

all Carnival did her was rotate four of its ships and keep the same itineraries.

Victory replaces Destiny 4/5 Day route in Miami.

Valor replaces Victory 7 Day Southern in San Juan.

Conquest replaces Valor 7 Day routes in Miami.

Sunshine(aka Destiny) replaces Conquest 7 Day in New Orleans.

Would have been nice to see some longer routes out of San Juan & New Orleans(8-9-10 Days maybe??).

I wonder what they will do with the Glory, I don't think that they would have 3 ships doing 7 night caribbean cruises from Miami. My guess is that the Glory and Freedom will switch and the Freedom will go up to New York for the Canada runs.

I wonder what they will do with the Glory, I don't think that they would have 3 ships doing 7 night caribbean cruises from Miami. My guess is that the Glory and Freedom will switch and the Freedom will go up to New York for the Canada runs.

I keep crossing my fingers for something better out of Charleston, SC

No offense to the Fantasy, but I would love to see a larger, more modern ships sailing on better itineraries than the nauseating Bahamas cruises...

I have just about given up on Mr. Heald. I met him on the Magic , and he told me there would be 10 day sailings from Galveston starting July 2013 , and after waiting for the new sailings to come out , that was a bunch of BS. I think he tells you what you want to hear. It took him 7 months to answer me on his blog. We went on RC mariner recently , and it beat the Magic hands down. Before anybody torches me , we are still sailing on Carnival , and this is just my opinion.

John tells you what they tell him.

I wonder if when they do the 2.0 Refurbishment on the Conquest if they will add more rooms like they are on the future Sunshine?

I doubt it since it will only be in dry dock for 14 days. The Destiny in going in dry dock for a lot more time. I think 40 something days (but not sure exactly) and then coming out the Sunshine.

I would love to see Conquest doing the 4/5 day runs that Destiny has been doing !! But...I think it would be more logical that Victory would replace Destiny and Conquest would replace Valor??

I hope to see the 2.0 upgrades on Glory this Fall...they sound like fun and it will be nice once more ships have the 2.0 JMO

What if Carnival offered one way 7 night cruises from New Orleans to San Juan followed by one way 7 night cruises from San Juan to New Orleans? Each one way would visit 3-4 different ports.

Im up for it out of NOLA or Galveston:D

Hmmm, the one way from New Orleans to San Juan got me thinking about a possibility.....

What if Carnival offered one way 7 night cruises from New Orleans to San Juan followed by one way 7 night cruises from San Juan to New Orleans? Each one way would visit 3-4 different ports.

That way people from the Gulf would truly be able to experience new destinations on a 7 night itinerary and only pay one way airfare!

OR

They could sail back to back from New Orleans and turn it into a 2 week Caribbean extravaganza, save the money on airfare, and truly get to experience what the Caribbean is about (NOT Cozumel!).

-0-

The one way from New Orleans to San Juan looks veeeeery tempting! :cool:

One way from New Orleans to San Juan would also be very illegal, unless they went via Aruba or something, which couldn't be done in 7 days.

They have been doing this for a couple of years now!

One way from New Orleans to San Juan would also be very illegal, unless they went via Aruba or something, which couldn't be done in 7 days.

When the Conquest repositions it is doing exactly that- New Orleans to San Juan, then San Juan to Miami. Must not be illegal. Just wondering if a B2B is legal??

When the Conquest repositions it is doing exactly that- New Orleans to San Juan, then San Juan to Miami. Must not be illegal. Just wondering if a B2B is legal??

No a B2B would not be legal. The government sees this cruise if you do it B2B as New Orleans-Miami and not New Orleans- San Juan and San Juan- Miami. Basically they see it as one cruise and not 2 separate ones.

Hopefully, she'll be getting refurbished sometime soon. I guess they thought Galveston didn't need 2 ships.

Oh well. It's still pretty boring news to me. :rolleyes:

Galveston has Magic and Triumph now. Conquest went back to NOLA awhile back. They were really glad to have her so I'm surprised they are moving her.

Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands actually count as "foreign" under the PSA so you can begin or end a cruise there. Even though they are technically part of the U.S. That's why they are doing two separate repo cruises with San Juan as the end and beginning point. If they did one from Nola to Miami they'd have to visit Aruba first since it's the only "distant" foreign in the Caribbean and that's required to go from one U.S. port to another.

This news is beyond boring. All these ships are all too similar to make a difference.

Agreed! Same class of ship doing the same old itinerary. How about some new homeports or completely new itineraries! It's getting tough to pick a cruise with 4 ships doing basically the same old runs. Would love to see more with St. Maarten, St. Kitts, Barbados, Antigua and Tortola, etc. Or more of Central America.

Archived