best pre-cruise hotel in ft lauderdale?

cruiznut

We are looking for a hotel at the port that will accomodate five people(four adults and one child). We are looking at Embassy Suites as an option....any thoughts? Thank's

We love the Embassy Suites, have stayed there a number of times. Will be staying there again in May pre-Oasis. Strongly recommended!

We are looking for a hotel at the port that will accomodate five people(four adults and one child). We are looking at Embassy Suites as an option....any thoughts? Thank's

We were only 2 but we really enjoyed Embassy Suites. The managers cocktail hour made for a great evening. The breakfast buffet was quite good. We really liked being able to take a morning walk down to to see the ships.

There was a pullout sofa in the "living room" so I guess that you could request a rollaway for the child. I don't know what there maximum capcity is for rooms.

We LOVED the Hilton Hotel & Marina. Nice and modern hotel with wonderful views out the intracoastal and Port Everglades. You can see your ship come in a few feet away right from the comfort of your room balcony! :D

You can also walk to some shops, including a Walgreen's for last minute supplies.

We LOVED the Hilton Hotel & Marina. Nice and modern hotel with wonderful views out the intracoastal and Port Everglades. You can see your ship come in a few feet away right from the comfort of your room balcony! :D

You can also walk to some shops, including a Walgreen's for last minute supplies.

Good to hear something positive about the Hilton Marina as we are staying there pre-cruise in 2 weeks.. I have been a little nervous & heard some shaky reviews but location & price couldn't be beat...

Crown Plaza about a block away from the port. Very nice restaurants within walking distance and a CVS. There is a parking garage below the hotel. There is a van service that will take you to the port and pick you up. $8pp.

DSCF3053.jpg

DSCF3055.jpg

DSCF3064.jpg

Edited by C Cruise Dude
correction: more

The best pre-cruise hotel in Fort Lauderdale is either The W or The Lago Mar. Forget the Embassy. It cannot compare.

The best pre-cruise hotel in Fort Lauderdale is either The W or The Lago Mar. Forget the Embassy. It cannot compare.

I have to agree, our last time at the ES were not so stellar. We've stayed there twice in years past but now enjoy the other Hilton's in the area as well. I can honestly say the Hilton Beach Resort last year was the NICEST hotel I've ever stayed in. Our room was a 1 bedroom apartment! :) It was HUGE! (and the balcony was a 10)

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd97/rccl1/DSCN1154.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd97/rccl1/DSCN1170.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd97/rccl1/DSCN1168.jpg

We had coffee out there both mornings. It was 'almost' as good as having it on our balcony on the ship. ; )

Edited by Esmerelda

I have to agree, our last time at the ES were not so stellar. We've stayed there twice in years past but now enjoy the other Hilton's in the area as well. I can honestly say the Hilton Beach Resort last year was the NICEST hotel I've ever stayed in. Our room was a 1 bedroom apartment! :) It was HUGE! (and the balcony was a 10)

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd97/rccl1/DSCN1154.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd97/rccl1/DSCN1170.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd97/rccl1/DSCN1168.jpg

We had coffee out there both mornings. It was 'almost' as good as having it on our balcony on the ship. ; )

N - I - C - E !!!!! We are staying at the Hilton Beach Resort in May. :D

Hope we get a fab balcony !!!!!

--I have to agree on ES. They are going to have to improve their housekeeping before we return there.

Jillyfish...try to get a higher up floor. I think we were on floor 19 and it was great. I had nothing bad to say about it except for they make you valet your car, that was it. The entire 2 night stay we were all blown away.

Crown Plaza about a block away from the port. Very nice restaurants within walking distance and a CVS. There is a parking garage below the hotel. There is a van service that will take you to the port and pick you up. $8pp.

DSCF3053.jpg

DSCF3055.jpg

DSCF3064.jpg

I have stayed there too and really enjoyed my stay.

We have stayed at the Cambria Suites, wouldn't stay there again. Stayed at Hyatt North Place, wouldn't stay there again. We will be staying at the Embassy Suites for the 2nd time next week. Great location, nice hotel and really nice managers reception and hot breakfast.

booked the Crowne Plaza for 140 per night two nights next week using last minute travel above average reviews location seems good. ditto on Hyatt Place not that impressed last time I was there but that was three years ago.

• 1 year later...

Cannot remember the hotel we last stayed in but it had a balcony and when we woke up in the morning it had a wonderful view of the cruise ships. It was just along the waterway near the bridge. Help on this would be great since we are going out of this port in July and want to stay in the area again