best pre-cruise hotel in ft lauderdale?

cruiznut

How about the Doubletree Galleria?

The Doubletree Gallery One next to the Galleria Mall is a very nice hotel. It is not right at the port though. It's about a 10 minute ride to the port.

Other nice things about the Doubletree are:

Water Taxi stop right behind the hotel.

The beach is about a 5 minute walk.

Plenty of restaurants and shopping at the mall.

Cannot remember the hotel we last stayed in but it had a balcony and when we woke up in the morning it had a wonderful view of the cruise ships. It was just along the waterway near the bridge. Help on this would be great since we are going out of this port in July and want to stay in the area again

Two hotels fit that description:

Hilton at the Marina and the Hyatt Regency Pier 66.

Thanks to Cruise Critic, several years ago I discovered Last Minute Travel.com. I booked two suites at the Hilton Double Tree Galleria in Fort Lauderdale again this year for $150 each for mid February.

Great location next to mall with drug store and grocery store close by for all pre-cruise needs. The cheapest entertainment is right at your doorstep for the Water Taxi giving you a guided tour of the inter-coastal, mansions and yachts

Thought I had our 1 night pre-cruise FLL hotel selected but suddenly the rate jumped $100! Our flight is outrageous so I am looking for a clean place with perhaps shuttle to port.

What are your thoughts and suggestions?

Room would be on a Thursday, seeing ships an extra. Not really interested in Embassy.

I realize that many hotels no longer offer free shuttles but we also tip well.

Thanks

Thought I had our 1 night pre-cruise FLL hotel selected but suddenly the rate jumped $100! Our flight is outrageous so I am looking for a clean place with perhaps shuttle to port.

What are your thoughts and suggestions?

Room would be on a Thursday, seeing ships an extra. Not really interested in Embassy.

I realize that many hotels no longer offer free shuttles but we also tip well.

Thanks

You can see ships from the tower of Hyatt Pier 66 in a south facing room, but there are no shuttles there. It's only a short cab ride.

Great location next to mall with drug store and grocery store close by for all pre-cruise needs. The cheapest entertainment is right at your doorstep for the Water Taxi giving you a guided tour of the inter-coastal, mansions and yachts

Cheap? The water taxi is $20 per person. That's a little expensive but you are right, it is great entertainment.

Recycle Lady, thanks.

Did you fly and did they provide shuttle from airport and from airport to cruise terminal?

While staying on the water and the views would be nice, I am not sure it is worth the extra $$. Still looking and reviewing

Appreciate all the suggestions.

tinykygal:

When I was last at the LQ Airport Hotel the shuttle was free from the airport and also to the cruise ship. It appears that they have changed in the past year or so: it is still free to take the shuttle from the airport, but they will charge you $8 per person to get to the ship the next day.

We're staying at the Alhambra in February 2014 for two nights pre cruise. Has anyone stayed there?

This is our favorite places to stay in Fort Lauderdale although we have never stayed pre-cruise. They do host many people pre and post cruise though. It has old Florida charm with a great pool, fantastic location and very personal service. Matt the owner will pretty much greet you at the gate. Read the reviews on TripAdviser and they are all pretty much spot on. This is a great hotel! Dave

booked the Crowne Plaza for 140 per night two nights next week using last minute travel above average reviews location seems good. ditto on Hyatt Place not that impressed last time I was there but that was three years ago.

And if you book it early enough you might even get a better deal. I paid $90 including all fees and taxes for our room at the Crowne next Saturday. It's now sold out, but a few weeks should the room were over $350! But I booked on Last Minute last April.

• 3 weeks later...
I have to agree, our last time at the ES were not so stellar. We've stayed there twice in years past but now enjoy the other Hilton's in the area as well. I can honestly say the Hilton Beach Resort last year was the NICEST hotel I've ever stayed in. Our room was a 1 bedroom apartment! :) It was HUGE! (and the balcony was a 10)

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd97/rccl1/DSCN1154.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd97/rccl1/DSCN1170.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd97/rccl1/DSCN1168.jpg

We had coffee out there both mornings. It was 'almost' as good as having it on our balcony on the ship. ; )

Just booked a room here for our pre cruise stay. I hope it is worth the $700 a night price tag. But being spring break I assume all the rates are high.

Just booked a room here for our pre cruise stay. I hope it is worth the $700 a night price tag. But being spring break I assume all the rates are high.

IMO there is no room at the Hilton worth $700 unless it is a big suite and you are a large family.

Yikes Warbar, we did not pay that high of a rate. We had a 1 bedroom (with 2 full bathrooms, kitchen, wrap aorund balcony etc.) for about $220 (that includes taxes). We stayed on black Friday, then the next day also not spring break.

I know you are going to LOVE the FL Hilton Beach Resort. Absolutely our favorite hotel on the strip with impeccable service and fabulous rooms!

:p