"LIVE" from Celebrity Silhouette - March 29, 2012

Radio

My Dad just boarded yesterday right after you got off. I was searching for a deck cam but apparently Silhouette doesn't have one. He called just before the ship left port to tell me how gorgeous and elegant the ship is. I have no doubt he will find this cruise to be the best one yet. I found no links to cams, I did however come across your Live blog and WOW... i wish I were on that ship. Thank you so much for the day by day updates and the fabulous pictures. I felt like I went on a vacation myself. I am so relaxed and ready to book a cruise for myself! :-) Looking forward to future cruises and updates. Thank you again and have a fantastic day!!

Lisa:)

Not sure if you saw that the Silhouette had to turn around yest. and come back for some kind of medical emergency, think they finally got out about 8PM. Don't think they came as far back as Bayonne, possibly by the Bridge or Brooklyn.

Hello everyone. . . They called my number yesterday a little late, so I didn't get off of the ship unitl about 10:45. I took a quick shuttle ride over to the terminal.

I was able to locate my bags quickly, and a very nice porter was able to tote my luggage over to my car.

I was able to get on the NJ Turnpike quickly, and made it bacl to my house. . .a little delayed. There was alot of traffice on the NJTP between Exits 3-2. . .It was brutal. But a made it home safely, unpacked all of my stuff. . .and I was down by 8PM.

Here are just a few more pics from my debarkation and the final morning onboard. I will try to post many more this week from the cruise, ports, cabins etc.

I really had a fun time. . . and I need to start quickly for my next cruise.

On May, 11, 2011 I will be having "LIVE" from Enchantment of the Seas. This will be a 6 Night Cruise to Bermuda, from Cruise Maryland.

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

I have to get a quick breakfast on the final morning, up at the Oeanview Cafe'

P17.JPG

OK, One final chaeck to be sure I remove everything from the Cabin. .

P10.JPG

I look outside to see all of the pallets being loaded on Silhouette

P11.JPG

I won't be seeing this sign much more for a while

P13.JPG

I grab to quick shuttle over to the Passenger Terminal

P14.JPG

So long, Celebrity Silhouette. . ..until next time ! It has been fun. . .

P16.JPG

Another wonderful report.....only about 1 month until the next one!

Sorry you hit traffic and were delayed getting back to the press room....our roads here in Jersey can be parking lots on occasion...especially the turnpike from like exit 8A all the way past 6 due to the constant construction....(i REALLY think that it is just..er...'job security'....:rolleyes::p)

can't wait until all the rest of the photos are posted......it will keep me busy until the 9th or so.....i think i have plans on may 11th, but i am not sure!!:confused::D

Roaring round of applause!!

aplausos9qz.gif

Hello everyone. . . They called my number yesterday a little late, so I didn't get off of the ship unitl about 10:45. I took a quick shuttle ride over to the terminal.

I was able to locate my bags quickly, and a very nice porter was able to tote my luggage over to my car.

I was able to get on the NJ Turnpike quickly, and made it bacl to my house. . .a little delayed. There was alot of traffice on the NJTP between Exits 3-2. . .It was brutal. But a made it home safely, unpacked all of my stuff. . .and I was down by 8PM.

Here are just a few more pics from my debarkation and the final morning onboard. I will try to post many more this week from the cruise, ports, cabins etc.

On May, 11, 2011 I will be having "LIVE" from Enchantment of the Seas. This will be a 6 Night Cruise to Bermuda, from Cruise Maryland.

Radio

...>>>snip<<<...

So long, Celebrity Silhouette. . ..until next time ! It has been fun. . .

P16.JPG

Always a sad moment.:(:(

And, not ONE non-truck in the parking lot.

Another wonderful report.....only about 1 month until the next one!

Sorry you hit traffic and were delayed getting back to the press room....our roads here in Jersey can be parking lots on occasion...especially the turnpike from like exit 8A all the way past 6 due to the constant construction....(i REALLY think that it is just..er...'job security'....:rolleyes:) >SNIP<

Roaring round of applause!!

No worries. . . I was able to make a stop at Panera Bread for a nice Coffee. . . Man, that coffee has some power ! I was >>wired<< after that. . .

Radio

;);)

Hi, we were on the 3/29/12 sailing, just got home yesterday. We loved the ship and are a big fan of the Martinie Bar. We generally used Ari or Ori didnt write down his name but he was fantastic and made sure we had seating in one of the little cubby spaces - you will see what I mean when you get on the ship. Tell him Rich, Dolores, Jeff and Nicole said hi and we miss him. I envy you - you still have your cruise in front of you. Also, if you see Jesse up at the Alcoves (and Lawn Grill) tell him we said hi and thanks for showing us a wonderful time.

Dolores

Radio

I have to get a quick breakfast on the final morning, up at the Oeanview Cafe'

I look outside to see all of the pallets being loaded on Silhouette

P11.JPG

Seeing those pallets reminded me of when we did our B2B last year on the Explorer & I witnessed one of the inspectors sneak over to one of the pallets, lift off a top box & help himself to a strawberry - I sure wish at that point that I had my camera rolling and catch him in the act :)

Pat

Thanks so much Radio, I have really enjoyed 'travelling with you'. I shall be on Serenade when your next Live thread is posted. Something to look forward to reading on my return home to help stave off the Post Cruise Blues.

Corinne

I so enjoyed your cruise. Hope you don't mind , I stole one of your sunrise pictures. We are sailing on Silhoutte in June. Never been on Celebrity and now really looking forward to it. You did a wonderful job reporting and with your pictures.

Hi, we were on the 3/29/12 sailing, just got home yesterday. We loved the ship and are a big fan of the Martinie Bar. We generally used Ari or Ori didnt write down his name but he was fantastic and made sure we had seating in one of the little cubby spaces - you will see what I mean when you get on the ship. Tell him Rich, Dolores, Jeff and Nicole said hi and we miss him. I envy you - you still have your cruise in front of you. Also, if you see Jesse up at the Alcoves (and Lawn Grill) tell him we said hi and thanks for showing us a wonderful time.

Dolores

As we drove away from the parking lot I saw your chariot/limo awaiting you. Keep in touch.

Glad you made it home safe.

Looking forward to your next live reports from Enchantment Of The Seas in May already.

So happy that I will not miss anything because we will be returning on May 10th from cruising on the Explorer to Bermuda also.

Great picture of you Radio, you always have a smile on your face.;)

Til' the next cruise report Radio. Thanks. Awesome!!

we generally used Ari

This must be my friend Ari - Ari Potter (his running gag).... he is one of the best!!! Greets to him from his German friends Hanna & Simon, please..... he was on the Equinox last year in August and I knew he was going to be switched.

Really, his service and attitude are soo great and his personality enriched our days onboard!

Hi Radio! thanks for the great review and photos! I really enjoyed all of it. I loved your OASIS live report, I sailed on her right after that, back in 4/10. Hubby and I went on Celebrity Eclipse last spring, what a nice ship, awesome cruise! We loved that it was more refined and laid back than R/C however I prefer the entertainment on R/C and more pool areas. Glad to see they eliminated the glass blowing show/area and replaced w/ a restaurant. We felt it was a waste of space. We really didn't care for the lawn club either, felt that space would be better used for a pool area but some people must really like it because they keep it. I loved the over the bed storage area in the Celebrity cabin also, wish they would have done that on Oasis class. I'm taking my mom on OASIS in 2 weeks, her first time on R/C, can't wait to show her this awesome ship. Your photos were awesome. Loved seeing St. Lucia and Antiqua as I have never been to either and now want to go!! Also now I want to go to Sapphire beach b/c of your photos! Only have been to Meghans Bay before. I have been to Orient Beach 2x and LOVE it. Loved your photos from there too, make me want to go back. I wish our cruise coming up was Eastern but it's Western. I know we'll have a great time though. Thanks again for sharing!! Glad you had a nice cruise!!

Lisa from JAX

Hi Radio!!! I have a question for you.........while on St. Maarten, if I remember correctly, you visited Orient Beach AND Sunset Bar & Grill (Maho Bay). Did you rent a car or did you use a taxi? We'll be there (St. Maarten) on our next cruise and I'm trying to figure out if we could visit both beaches in the same afternoon. I'm thinking of Orient for a few hours in the morning, then heading over to Maho in the afternoon for some fun at the Sunset. Looking at a map of the island, it looks as though these beaches are on opposite sides of the island. Any info is appreciated and welcome home!!!!!!:D

Archived