We're back from the Grandeur!

Hi all! We arrived home a couple of hours ago from our extended Grandeur cruise and the first load of laundry is in the wash. :) I see the "crashed" thread is closed now and just wanted to thank everybody for their good wishes while we were onboard. I'll post a review in the next day or so.

For what it's worth, I'm sorry RCI hasn't been more generous with the 4/23 cruisers. They certainly went the extra mile for us.

Glad you made it home safe and sound! And thank you so much for your invaluable updates while on board. :) Looking forward to your review.

Now, I just wish some of the people on the 4/23 moved to 4/25 cruise would post about how it's going for them!

Welcome back to the real world! I am sure even with the mishap with the ship that you had a better week than the rest of us! We went from 90 degrees on Tuesday to getting hit with a nasty snowstorm on the weekend leaving behind up to 10 inches of snow in some of our surrounding areas. By Monday it was melted but had you lived in Michigan you might not know that you picked a good week to go! Thanks for updating everyone while you were on board. I am sure the people it affected greatly appreciated it!

Our cruise was awesome; we didn't suffer. Most of us who opted to stay on the ship had a great time. :)

Honestly, there is nothing to complain about regarding the crash and aftermath, unless you want to talk about those poor souvenir shops being closed in Mahajual and the pier. Of course it became a little boring when you think about cruising (sea days, port days), but how often do you get to spend a couple of days waking up to the sounds of the ocean, eating, sleeping, tanning, drinking, eating, sleeping -- you get the picture. The ship was open, the beaches were open, a couple of bars were open, the ruins were open. We got a 9-day cruise for the price of a 7-day with the same excellent service, and then a free day in New Orleans afterwards. My husband and I hung out on the riverfront listening to some fantastic jazz bands yesterday. Other than Alaska last year, it's the best cruise so far for me. I'm no Pollyanna, but there was no downside, other than having to wake up at 3:30 this morning for a 6 am flight. That kinda sucked. ;)

Cindy --Thanks for starting the thread. It was awesome to hear the first-hand reports from you and it was amazing to see the number of views unlike any other we have experienced on this board for a true exchange of information.

Glad you made the best of it, you are one heck of a seafarer...and a reporter!

We have also returned home from a fabulous cruise..my group was so impressed with the way the Grandeur crew handled an unfortunate event..we were able to stay on the ship, with an extra 2 days vacation..the only bad thing was that the pool at Costa Maya was empty..and it was too hot to stay over there without it..why they didn't keep it open I will never know..the day before it was hopping and lots of people were eating and drinking and buying... but we returned to the ship pleasantly surprised that it wasn't that crowded...we will definately do RCL again but to different routes.... McDuff110@yahoo

Cindy thanks for the updates. We are cruising May 8th on Explorer and after reading your posts, we have decided that if our ship crashes into the dock, we are going to stay with the ship. No flying home on day 7 for us :D

Archived