Here are pics of Solstice's largest angled balcony (Cabin 9192)!

kimcheeboy

As an update, the photos I shot were with a fisheye lens which captures about 180 degrees of view, but does distort the the perspective a bit (hence fisheye). It was the only lens that I had that was wide enough to fully capture the length and width properly.

Here are some other examples of fisheye shots I took.

7041112495_9b70b2b1d2_c.jpg

7041101237_3ba44622d3_c.jpg

7041127623_1627c1c64a_c.jpg

6895212438_cc8468b046_c.jpg

6895014302_a1c748040b_c.jpg

7041107059_9ec6c851a0_c.jpg

Fantastic photos, thanks! We're in C2 #1120 on the Reflection next April. Its equivalent cabin on other S class ships is 1108. Based on these photos I think we're going to be very happy with it. :D

yes never book them people, way to dark and closed off..... LOL! I am booked on both of my next cruises in 9209 - which I suppose has a similliar balcony than the one the OP posted. Great pictures by the way- I had angled balcony´s the last three cruises- never had a problem with dark cabins. Okay an inside might be a bit dark...!

Michael

yes never book them people, way to dark and closed off..... LOL! I am booked on both of my next cruises in 9209 - which I suppose has a similliar balcony than the one the OP posted. Great pictures by the way- I had angled balcony´s the last three cruises- never had a problem with dark cabins. Okay an inside might be a bit dark...!

Michael

I just booked 9215 for our June, 2013 cruise. I think the cabin should be same as yours.

Ricky

• 1 year later...
Nice pics, we are on the hump in 1610 on Equinox this June. It is a big balcony too.

Of course, there is a compromise between these huge balconies and the standard ones;

For example 6008 and 6012 are smaller than 6010 and 6014, but larger than standard. We're in 6012 in October.

Of course the OP's fish-eye lens does rather exaggerate the size of the balcony!

Stuart

We sailed in 1120 on Silhouette. If the cabins run the same on the S class, it was one of the best cabins we've ever had.

We are in 8256 on Equinox in April and look forward to the same situation. 1120 will be a little larger on the balcony but any of the "hump" cabins are roomier!

Enjoy!

PatC

• 1 month later...
Just got off the Solstice last week where we had the 1A category cabin 9192. Hope this gives people a good feel for just how large the balcony really is.

6895005864_3319e361ec_c.jpg

7041057451_241dc7142f_c.jpg

7041285445_45f5337a3d_c.jpg

Looks like it faces the "straight" cabins...I'd feel like we were being "watched".

Could anyone advise if 8256 on the next hump has a similar balcony. I am worried the stateroom would be too dark. I think a wide balcony would be great but not long and narrow.

I hope someone can help?

Yes it is, we've booked it again for Xmas