Does Celebrity offer luggage valet service?

We recently took advantage of the luggage valet service when sailing with Princess into Fort Lauderdale. We flew with Southwest - allowing 2 bags @$20 PP.

We're sailing into Fort Lauderdale again but this time with Celebrity. Does anyone know if Celebrity participates in this wonderful option?

Thank you.

Fran

I am sitting in the FLL airport, just got off Constellation and yes, they sure did offer it! We are flying SWA and paid $20 per person (each had 2 large bags). It is worth every single penny! Highly recommend!

We signed up for it a few days before the end of the cruise at the Guest Relations desk and they took care of the rest for us.

Happy cruising!

Would this service be offered in Barcelona?

But as a result of customs considerations, Luggage Valet is not generally offered--to my knowledge, Vancouver is the sole exception--on international flights...

At certain ports, certain airlines have made Luggage Valet available as an option. You will find out on board if your port of disembarkation offers it and if your airline participates. If it does, you apply to be accepted, and if it goes through, you pay a fee to Celebrity, which issues you your boarding passes and luggage tags. You put your luggage out the night before disembarking, and the next time you see it is at your home airport's luggage claim. It is only offered on certain airlines, with certain flight times, and there must be a minimum number of passengers interested in it. Even if your airline participates, TSA may still reject you while others will be allowed to do it. Bottom line, you probably won't find out until the last afternoon on board if you will qualify. If you do, it's well worth the small fee that Celebrity charges. Keep in mind that if you do this, you'll be limited in what you will be able to keep in your stateroom for the last night and next morning -- don't keep large bottles of shampoo out for instance, since you will only be using carry-on luggage the next day.

Cruisestitch,

Thank you for the explanation. it sounds great.

I certainly will keep this as a plan B and check when I am on board.

My situation is : Pananma Canal cruise ending in San Diego on Jan3 2013 arriving at 6:00am.

I have already booked my flight home : direct flight on Delta to MSP, but it does not leave until 3:00pm

Found out that you can only check your bags 3 hours before your flight. Also a post cruise tour with Celebrity is available but you must have flight at 4pm or later.

I want to check my bags somewhere and visit San Diego till around 1pm.

I am sitting in the FLL airport, just got off Constellation and yes, they sure did offer it! We are flying SWA and paid $20 per person (each had 2 large bags). It is worth every single penny! Highly recommend!

We signed up for it a few days before the end of the cruise at the Guest Relations desk and they took care of the rest for us.

Happy cruising!

AWESOME! Thank you!

Availabilty of luggage valet can be iffy depending on number of passengers on any one cruise who sign up for it. Late last year we were signed up for the service on Eclipse disembarking Miami but were sad to be notified 48 hours ahead of last cruise day that the service would be unavailable due to inadequate participation. When it does operate, however, it is well worth the slight expense!

We were on the Eclipse a couple of months ago, I knew to ask if they were offering it as we sailed on RCCL many times, we did sign up for it but they told us that if they didn't have a min. of 25 people signed up it would not run, they hardly advertised it and that is why I think it ended up not going off, we were very disappointed as it is such a great convenience!

• 10 months later...

We sailed the Eclipse Jan.26-Feb.9th and were flying from Fort Lauderdale with JetBlue - they were part of the Luggage Valet program and we took it and I am hooked on it now - it was so simple and easy - no other way to travel.

We are sailing on Reflection out of Miami in April, but flying out of Fort Lauderdale in the evening. Does anyone know if they offer luggage valet for this?

Also looking for something to do until our flight, thinking about a day room, but not sure where....any suggestions? :)

I don't believe they have begun this on Reflection. It was not in place in January and other cruisers have reported that it's not been offered since

I just got off of the Reflection yesterday and took advantage of the valet service. As others have mentioned, it is a great service! The specific ship, however, needs a certain number of passengers to sign up for it before the specific ship will commit to it. The agent at guest relations said our sailing had 20 passengers do it, so the minimum number must be pretty low.

I just got off of the Reflection yesterday and took advantage of the valet service. As others have mentioned, it is a great service! The specific ship, however, needs a certain number of passengers to sign up for it before the specific ship will commit to it. The agent at guest relations said our sailing had 20 passengers do it, so the minimum number must be pretty low.

Did they leave the forms in your cabin to submit or did you have to go to the Purser's Desk and specifically ask for them? Thanks!

YAYYYYYYY!!!!! This post has absolutely made my day! There have been several threads about luggage valet on Reflection lately, indicating that Celebrity was possibly not planning to offer it. I was getting so depressed, thinking we would not have it available to us in April. So very glad to hear this news. Thank you, rigldbrg!

Did they leave the forms in your cabin to submit or did you have to go to the Purser's Desk and specifically ask for them? Thanks!

I don't know about on Reflection, but in the past, most recently on Solstice, it was mentioned in the first daily, and I had to go down to Customer service to get the form. IMO, Celebrity could do a lot to make this wonderful program easier to access and to get the word out to more people. On our last Millie cruise, it wasn't offered because not enough people signed up, and I'm 100% sure that is because they didn't know about it. :)

On our cruise, every stateroom received a letter and form outlining the service -it was delivered and placed on the bed with the regular stuff they leave at the end of the evening during their turn down service.

For those who have used this program recently, when do you see your luggage next after it is picked up outside your cabin.

There seem to be some conflicting opinions.

When we used it on Princess and Royal Caribbean, we did not see our luggage until we went to the baggage claim area at our home airport. IMO.....greatest service available!!

We sailed the Eclipse Jan.26-Feb.9th and were flying from Fort Lauderdale with JetBlue - they were part of the Luggage Valet program and we took it and I am hooked on it now - it was so simple and easy - no other way to travel.

We were on this cruise, too, but we were flying Virgin America and could not participate in the Luggage Valet to go home. Darn!

On the embarkation end, we did do the new Celebrity Luggage Valet program where they pick up your luggage at home about a week before the cruise, and it is delivered directly to your cabin on board. It was wonderful and well worth the cost! We flew into Florida a week before the cruise and it was so nice to visit with just a carry on without having to drag all our cruise luggage around with us. No worries about your luggage not making it, Luggage Forward has been doing this for years, and they handle Seabourn Cruises and other cruise lines, so they have good experience.