Titanic - with len goodman

snoozy

I have just watched Titanic with Len Goodman, Part 3.

As well as being very interesting, there was some wonderful interior and exterior filming of Queen Mary 2 including the bridge, the champagne bar, the main corridor from the purser's office, a duplex suite, Britannia restaurant, the ballroom and other areas. Lovely stuff.

Only 9 weeks to go until I can sample this beautiful ship for real.

Denise

It was a good advert for QM2 and an interesting programme. It made me want to book again but we have recently booked QE so a re-visit will be for the future.

It was a good advert for QM2. Especially in HD on our big TV.

Have a great trip on QE.

Denise

As well as being very interesting, there was some wonderful interior and exterior filming of Queen Mary 2 including the bridge, the champagne bar, the main corridor from the purser's office, a duplex suite, Britannia restaurant, the ballroom and other areas. Lovely stuff.

Denise

Is this program available to watch in the USA via Youtube? Regards,Jerry

Is this program available to watch in the USA via Youtube? Regards,Jerry

Jerry, you might find it on BBC America but it may be on Youtube although it is very recent. I just searched their site and it doesn't come up unfortunately, only the Julian Fellowes thing.

Unfortunately, BBC iplayer only works if you are in the UK. I clicked on the link and received the following message:

Currently BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only, but all BBC iPlayer Radio programmes are available to you. Why?

If you are in the UK and see this message please read this advice.

Nice try though. Thanks from those of us in the U.S.

It might be possible to access it using a proxy server to disguise your IP address.

I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, Cap'n, but you seem to be suffering from some kind of bed bug infestation there. I just spend an interesting five minutes trying to kill the little pest.

:cool:

J

I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, Cap'n, but you seem to be suffering from some kind of bed bug infestation there. I just spend an interesting five minutes trying to kill the little pest.

:cool:

J

Annoying little thing isn't it!

Denise

It was a good advert for QM2 and an interesting programme. It made me want to book again but we have recently booked QE so a re-visit will be for the future.

It had the same effect on me. As soon as I saw it, I wanted to be back on board. But since I am on QV in August and QE in December, I will have to wait until 2013.

The show I watched tonight on PBS felt like a single episode rather than a series. Maybe it was specially compiled for the US airing?

I think that it was, in UK it was 3 x 30 minute episodes but I believe the US show was compacted into a 60 minute programme, or maybe they are showing another part on another day.

I have just watched it (via Expat shield as I'm in Cyprus), and it was wonderful. The parts filmed on Queen Mary 2 were fabulous, and brought it all back to me from my previous trip. I'm now looking forward even more (if that's possible) to my next trip . . . . . . . it also made me realise just how much the disaster of Titanic served to enforce safety on our ships today.

I think that it was, in UK it was 3 x 30 minute episodes but I believe the US show was compacted into a 60 minute programme, or maybe they are showing another part on another day.

The Americans always get the best deal;)

I was sort of half watching it (It's still on the TiVo) but I did notice that he was on the dock during stores loading, sipping champagne in the Veuve bar and pounding on stateroom doors (Deck 4 or 6, I forget). I recognized QM2 but if you weren't familiar with the ship it probably wasn't obvious.

I was sort of half watching it (It's still on the TiVo) but I did notice that he was on the dock during stores loading, sipping champagne in the Veuve bar and pounding on stateroom doors (Deck 4 or 6, I forget). I recognized QM2 but if you weren't familiar with the ship it probably wasn't obvious.

I agree. You'd have to know QM2 to recognize her from the bits that were shown. I didn't notice cabin numbers when he was pounding on doors.

I was on last summer when Len and crew were taping the show. When I saw him he was on Deck 7 (while docked in Southampton) - on the promenade. He was very nice and posed for pictures for all who asked. What they say about TV is true -- Len appeared to be much thinner and more handsome then on the US "Dancing with the Stars" show!

I watched it last evening, it was 56 minutes with no commercials.

They showed loading the pallets of provisions on the QM2, people going to muster drill, the grand lobby, the champagne bar and a cabin corridor, I think it was deck 6. There was no mention of it being the QM2.

Goodman was also on board the Calshot and I noticed the ferry to Hythe sailing by.

I really liked the clip where Goodman was in the dock at Belfast and you could see how large it is.

Archived