Least/favorite MDR item.

kayhold

breakfast- bagel, lox and cream cheese for room service :D

I do like the sweet and sour shrimp. aren't those the ones with the coating and a dipping sauce?

YES!! First nights menu, crunchy panko breading and a sweet & sour dipping sauce, yum:D

Just remembered another dinner favorite, the stuffed mushrooms, love "em!

Worst breakfast--eggs benedict. I think they run them under a salamander and the sauce sets up too much.

Worst dinner--indian vegetarian meal. Tasted good, nice and spicy, but everything was pureed or otherwise mushy! Didn't expect that to bother me when I ordered it, but afterwards I felt like I'd eaten a plateful of well-seasoned babyfood.

Favorite thing--escargots! I am so disappointed they've removed them from the menu.

Just got back from my first cruise on the Imagination. I thought all of the food in the MDR seemed pretty bland and that feeling was stated by our tablemates as well. I would say all the dinner food was ok but none of it really stood out as excellent. My daughter got a turkey and pasta dish (sounds odd) but that was the best of the food that I tried. The worst, by far, was eggs benedict for breakfast and that was probably what I was looking forward to the most. Everyone at our table loved the warm chocolate melting cake and had it each night.

I'm not sure I have a least favorite entree, I liked everything I ordered. I will say (and please don't shoot me :p), I think their shrimp cocktail in the MDR is Godawful. Ordered it twice, once on the Glory, once on the Legend and both times, blech. Never again.

My absolute favorite thing, though, is the beef and noodle salad with peanut sauce appetizer. We're cruising the Pride in August and I plan on ordering about 4 of those suckers as my entree, it was that good.

I have had the flat iron steak on 3 different cruises... on the Conquest it was OK.. the Dream.. Not good, and on the Triumph.. it was delicious.. they added a sauce to it, that made it really good.. even my DH commented how much better it was on the Triumph... That being said....

My Favorite... Flat Iron Steak (on the Triumph), Caesar Salad, and French Onion Soup

Least Favorite.. Only tried once and that was PLENTY.. chocolate melting cake.. I choose the orange sherbert or baked alaska in it's place.. :o)

I'll do you one better and include some pictures.

Appetizers

Worse: Fetoush Salad

26746_10100210850336083_5230340_59744759_8145643_n.jpg

Best: Spagetti Carbonara (it's on the entree menu, but you can order it as an appetizer)

26746_10100210847616533_5230340_59744500_6233614_n.jpg

Entree

Worst: Flat Iron Steak

26746_10100210847895973_5230340_59744510_716461_n.jpg

Best: Rack of Lamb (I don't think this is on the menu anymore. :-()

26746_10100210849158443_5230340_59744634_1240126_n.jpg

Desserts

I haven't found a dessert I dislike.

Favorite: Grand Marnier Souffle

26746_10100210850351053_5230340_59744761_7153277_n.jpg

The few times I tried the Flat Iron Steak, I found it to be tough as rawhide.

I always called it shoe leather - never could understand how anyone would think its worth eating. In fact one waiter on the Liberty even suggested I "not" order it. First time that ever happened to me.

Best food on Carnival? Their hamburgers are second to none IMHO. Eggs Benedict was good.

MDR Breakfast:

Favorite- Eggs Benedict w/sauce on the side and the salmon bagel thingy

Disliked- Chicken sausage. I really wanted to like it but...nope.

MDR Dinner:

Favorite- Lobster and shrimps and the Flat Iron Steak (medium rare)

Disliked- I didnt enjoy the Duck. It was my first time trying it and it was a bit gamey.

I always called it shoe leather - never could understand how anyone would think its worth eating. In fact one waiter on the Liberty even suggested I "not" order it. First time that ever happened to me.

Best food on Carnival? Their hamburgers are second to none IMHO. Eggs Benedict was good.

Its funny how every ship can vary so wildly. Here was my crucified burger & eggs Benedict on the Miracle, LOL

bermudacruise008.jpg

bermudacruise076.jpg

Favorite entree - Rack of lamb - no, not served any more.

Least favorite - Lamb shanks. Tasted like stew meat.

Favorite appetizer - study in sushi

DH loved the flatiron steak.

Favorite dessert - WCMC and the caramelized apples with puff pastry

Breakfast:

Favorite - Corn Beef Hash with scrambled eggs

Least - Melon fruit. I love melon but on the ship it always seems horribly underripe.

Dinner:

Favorite - Cheddar Squash Bake. It's a vegetarian entree and it's delicious

Least - Lobster and shrimp. I generally love these but I'm always disappointed in Carnival's.

Faves - Chocolate melting cake, creme brulee, french onion soup, lobster & shrimp

Least faves - St. Louis Ribs (not near as good as the babyback ribs), cold soups

I tried the skirt steak a couple of times. It was pretty good - tastes alot like a sirloin. I was seated next to a guy that had it every night on a seven day cruise !!

Archived