Live from Summit 4/14-4/21

gmros

Great photos..we have just booked our first Celebrity cruise and have lots of questions some of which you have and will probably answer.

If you get a chance to see a PH suite and can send some pix they would be greatly appreciated.:)

Orchestrapal... Have you booked the Penthouse? We've been in 6148 (Penthouse) twice now and will be in the other, 6147 in 2 weeks. So I have pics from before the refurb and will have pics when we return. I don't want to hijack this thread...but you can email me using my CC name @gmail. com if you would like.

~Denise

Orchestrapal... Have you booked the Penthouse? We've been in 6148 (Penthouse) twice now and will be in the other, 6147 in 2 weeks. So I have pics from before the refurb and will have pics when we return. I don't want to hijack this thread...but you can email me using my CC name @gmail. com if you would like.

~Denise

Email on it's way!:)

The inside cabins on Summit are much larger than on Millennium. We did our first Celebrity cruise on the Millie in Feb, and had an inside. Here is a picture of it. The bed was in middle of the room, with a small chair stuffed in the corner. Not much room to move around at all, but was just fine for a 5 night cruise, and the price we paid, lol. We are sailing on the Eclipse in Jan/13, and have a balcony on deck 8. Much better than the insides. We sailed RC Serenade the end of Jan. this year just before we did the Millie, and we had an aft balcony. It was pure heaven! :D

Thanks for taking the time to do a "LIVE" review. It's so great to see pictures of the ships and follow along with other cruisers while we are stuck on land! :eek: :D

I think that inside is not the average inside on the Millie. It seems to have a different orientation (i.e bed sideways). It defnitely looks small, like maybe an odd shaped cabin squeezed in to some dead space?

Thank you everyone for the sweet words.

Dln, have a great cruise in Sept! I love the Summit.

Sarah, I'll try to take photos of the fun factory and teen club if I could and report back.

Orchestrapal, I'm sorry we only have an inside cabin :(. But if you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Lovesmist, thank you for helping orchestrapal.

For everyone else who has questions or requests, feel free to post here before we disembark :)

Posted using Tapatalk. Sorry for typing errors.

Forgot to post a photo! I promised myself to post at least one photo in my posts.

Here's me relaxing on the beach. Well, not really relaxing, spent most of my time running around taking photos

5ddd758b.jpg

Can you also tell us the name of the Pool Band and if there is a Guitar Soloist that plays in the evening at the Aft SunSet Bar (and his name)? Plus if you know who the Guest Entertainer might be - juggler, magician, singer???

Thanks for taking the time to check in (DON'T work too much though - enjoy the cruise).

Not sure of your intinerary, but if you are stopping in Dominica and don't already have plans, maybe try Levi Barron - well worth the day spent with Levi on that beautiful island.

Thanks again

Tiki

Tiki, I'll check them out when we get back to the ship. We don't go to Dominica this trip. But we are in November. I'll take note of your recommendation, thank you! Do you have his contact info?

I wonder if we cruised together on the Dream in April! :) We were on the 4/1 sailing. We will be cruising on the Summit (first Celebrity cruise after 13 Disney cruises) in a couple of weeks, so I am enjoying your live report very much!

Is brunch offered every day of the cruise or only on one specific day?

Curious - what are your thoughts on the differences between the Dream and the Summit (besides the free 24-hour beverage station, rotational dining, and there being a lot more kids on the Dream). It looked like the Persian Garden is very similar to the Rainforest, with scented showers, saunas, and heated loungers? How does the food compare? Activities for adults?

Bumpping Tours dot com I believe (for Levi Barron). You can search the Dominica Board when you get back ,lots and lots of info on Levi there - he is fantastic.

I guess you are doing the Aruba, Bonaire stops. We did Red Sail Catamaran in Aruba and they were a lot of fun - it was through the ship also.

Thanks for all the updates.

Tiki

Bumpping Tours dot com I believe (for Levi Barron). You can search the Dominica Board when you get back ,lots and lots of info on Levi there - he is fantastic.

I guess you are doing the Aruba, Bonaire stops. We did Red Sail Catamaran in Aruba and they were a lot of fun - it was through the ship also.

Thanks for all the updates.

Tiki

More likely doing the St Lucia, Antigua legs - ok, I will quit for a while and just enjoy the live review :)

Tiki

Thank you everyone, I'm glad you find my live report helpful.

MickeyMomma, I haven't sailed the Dream yet. We're going on 4/26. I can make a comparison after then, but I don't know if you'll be on your Celebrity cruise before I get back. The brunch is offered only one day.

Thank you Tiki for the info! Our itinerary right now is Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Maarten and St. Thomas :)

APRIL 15, 2012 - SEA DAY

• Passed by the pool at 9am and still a lot of empty pool chairs.
    IMG_3218-1.jpg
  • My cellphone couldn't find signal inside our inside cabin on deck 7.
  • If you're in an inside cabin or a cabin that has the bed facing the door, bring something to cover the peephole on the door. Light from the hallway was hitting my eyes when I was sleeping. I only had a band-aid :o
    IMG_2496.jpg
  • Don't eat breakfast if you can on the day of the Buffet Brunch at the Cosmopolitan Restaurant. There was a lot of food at the Buffet Brunch! Unless you're not planning to go to the brunch.
    IMG_3336.jpg
  • We enjoyed the show "Stars in their Eyes" at the theater. The singers were pretty good, the dancers were okay, the acrobat was great. In my opinion, sound wasn't too loud.
  • As of today, we had no towel animas, but we got chocolates the past 2 nights :).
  • There are only 2 US plugs in our cabin, none in the bathroom.
    IMG_2858-1.jpg

DINNER - FIRST FORMAL NIGHT

Beef Carpaccio 3.5/5

-almost the same thing as the beef carpaccio during breakfast

IMG_2123-1.jpg

Buffalo Style Frog Legs 3/5

-a little dry, our neighbor loved it tho

IMG_2125-1.jpg

Spanish Seafood Soup 3.5/5

IMG_2129-1.jpg

Roasted Colorado Rack of Lamb (medium) 4/5

-loved it that I ordered another

IMG_2131-1.jpg

Celebrity's Signature Tournedos Rossini (Filet Mignon) 4/5

IMG_2133-1.jpg

Dark Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cake 4/5

IMG_2136-1.jpg

Cherries Jubilee 3.5/5

IMG_2138-1.jpg

QUESTIONS/REQUESTS

Theater Entertainment

Today, we saw "Stars in their Eyes" and we enjoyed it a lot.

What we have enjoyed

So far…

• Thalassotherapy pool - we went around 3pm today (sea day) and it wasn't crowded. We were able to find 2 loungers right by the pool for DH and I. We love the areas on the side where you can lie down, I could stay there forever. I also like it that it's a little bigger than usual cruise ship pools where I could really swim from end to end.
  • Brunch Buffet at Cosmopolitan Restaurant - I am not sure if it was the same as the buffet at Oceanview Cafe, but we enjoyed it a lot. It wasn't very crowded either. Don't miss it as it only happens one day.

Escargot

Still no escargot on the menu :(

Buffet Brunch

Enjoy!

IMG_3341.jpg

IMG_3340.jpg

IMG_3339.jpg

IMG_3338.jpg

Thank you sooo much for posting all these pictures and reviews everyday!!! I am going on this ship leaving Saturday and all of your tips and advice have been so helpful! I am glad they let you bring water on the ship as that was a main worry for me! Those chocolate fountains look amazing! Thanks again!!

Archived