gmros

• Persian Garden continued...
    Samara
    IMG_3067.jpg

Turkish Bath
    IMG_3065.jpg

IMG_3066.jpg
  • Escargot
    I didn't see it on the menu today. I realize it was in the everyday menu before, but it's not this sailing. I'll report back if I see it in any of the changing menu.
  • Theatre entertainment
    I'm sorry I missed the one for tonight. But I'll make sure to watch other nights and report back.

It was a long day. Time for bed. I'll be back tomorrow with more photos of the ship. See ya!

Thanks for taking the time from your vacation to post this wonderful "live" report. I loved seeing the pics of the Persian Garden. We'll be sailing on Summit in May-our first Celebrity cruise.

Enjoy your cruise!!!!

I was on the Summit back in Feb. If the menu is the same, don't shy away from the spaghetti and meatballs in the MDR! It was our favorite meal! The meatballs were stuffed with some really good cheese.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks especially for the PG pictures, I think those are the first I'd seen. Don't know why we never went there on our last Summit cruise:confused:

As we are in AQ will definitely check it out this time!

Appreciate all your efforts!!

Thank you for doing a "Live" on the Summit. We are taking our first Celebrity cruise on the Summit on March 9th. Any information related to who will be there then would be nice to know and love the reviews/photos.

We will have a Concierge Aft Cabin on Deck 9 ... so if any photos are available of those ... added bonus.

I've heard of an Aft Bar .... can you check to see if there is one & photos ... What deck it is on?

Thank you for doing a "Live" on the Summit. We are taking our first Celebrity cruise on the Summit on March 9th. Any information related to who will be there then would be nice to know and love the reviews/photos.

We will have a Concierge Aft Cabin on Deck 9 ... so if any photos are available of those ... added bonus.

I've heard of an Aft Bar .... can you check to see if there is one & photos ... What deck it is on?

My favorite photo of the Summit Aft bar on deck 10:D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=32807604&postcount=3

If you booked deck 9 aft your balcony would be one of those shown below the bar deck's flag mast...:rolleyes:

Thank you everyone for your responses!

I will try the spaghetti and meatballs next dinner, thank you EithneMay!

Thank you Avid for posting the photo for rupertfrog.

Rupertfrog, I only have this photo. But I'll try to take more and report back.

It's hard to see, but the bar is there in the middle :D

IMG_2962.jpg

The view from the aft bar - Serenade of the Seas while we were docked in San Juan. I think that's the canopy of the cabins at the bottom of the photo, and parts of the some balconies.

IMG_2964.jpg

APRIL 14 CONTINUED

Photo of the pools at night

IMG_3099.jpg

IMG_3100.jpg

Food!

Baked Farm Goat Cheese Tart 2/5

- I found the balsamic vinegar too strong for the tart

IMG_3036.jpg

Crab Stuffed Mushroom Caps 4.5/5

- DH and I loved this, even our neighbor. I ate it even though I'm allergic to crab! No, it's not Escargot, though it looked it :(

IMG_3037.jpg

Cream of Wild Forest Mushroom Soup 3.5/5

IMG_3039.jpg

Aged Prim Rib of Beef (medium rare) 3.5/5

- I had better. It was a little chewy and needed more sauce. But I liked it anyway.

IMG_3043.jpg

"Momma's" Pork Chops 4/5

- DH and our neighbor loved it.

IMG_3044.jpg

Apple Pie a la Mode 3/5

IMG_3046.jpg

Warm Banana-Blueberry Crepe 3/5

- the crepe itself was chewy. I'll try the crepes at Bistro on Five next

IMG_3047.jpg

Here's a glimpse of one of the things we did today (4/15), guess what it is...

IMG_3301.jpg

See you later, I need to get ready for formal night!

Thank you so much for the awesome posts and photos. I especially enjoyed the food pictures. I have the most difficult time deciding what to order. I even check out the menus ahead of time so I know what I will be choosing.

What are you doing in the latest photo? Is it some type of food tasting? Can you describe it?

Thanks,

Karen

Thank you so much for the awesome posts and photos. I especially enjoyed the food pictures. I have the most difficult time deciding what to order. I even check out the menus ahead of time so I know what I will be choosing.

What are you doing in the latest photo? Is it some type of food tasting? Can you describe it?

Thanks,

Karen

I believe that would be the Brunch, usually only offered 1 day, mid-morning. LOTS of food, lovely presentations.

Yes, that is the brunch. We try never to miss that as it really is a treat. Thanks for your review and pictures. We sail on the 21st and the 28th of April and this is really getting me in the mood. Keep up the good work.

Pat

The inside cabins on Summit are much larger than on Millennium. We did our first Celebrity cruise on the Millie in Feb, and had an inside. Here is a picture of it. The bed was in middle of the room, with a small chair stuffed in the corner. Not much room to move around at all, but was just fine for a 5 night cruise, and the price we paid, lol. We are sailing on the Eclipse in Jan/13, and have a balcony on deck 8. Much better than the insides. We sailed RC Serenade the end of Jan. this year just before we did the Millie, and we had an aft balcony. It was pure heaven! :D

Thanks for taking the time to do a "LIVE" review. It's so great to see pictures of the ships and follow along with other cruisers while we are stuck on land! :eek: :D

735545250_Jan.Feb2012cruise281.jpg.a5bba04eda71f06c0b2e46f689d24a89.jpg

Thank you everyone!

I'm at the Hilton Barbados right now trying to keep up with work, CC, Facebook etc :D

234d1286.jpg

I wanna apologize in advance if I missed any of your questions/posts/requests. I'm realizing that it is not easy to post using my phone.

Socrates, yes there's a lot of food! I told my husband "I gave up" with dieting as soon as we stepped foot on the ship :D

Karen, yes that is the buffet brunch done. Don't miss it! Oh and don't eat breakfast if you can, there was a lot of food at the brunch. I'll post a lot of photos tonight of the brunch.

Debshomespun, oh the Millie cabin has a different setup. Thank you for sharing! We're also booked on a balcony in November on the Summit (different itinerary) and the it cost us as much as the inside this trip!

Posted using Tapatalk. Sorry for typing errors.

LOVING your review. Your photos are just fantastic.

If its possible, I know a lot of parents (myself included :D) would really appreciate some photos of the new Fun Factory and Teen Club if you have the time and oppurtunity to take some. Thanks!

Archived