Live from Summit 4/14-4/21

gmros

Thanks for the updates. Rumor has it that Robert Symons is getting off the ship after next week - if you get a chance can you ask if that is true?

Glad you had fun in Barbados and hopeful that you will enjoy St Lucia - it is a a beautiful island, very different from Barbados. Have a great day.

Tiki

I know that some Celebrity cruises have acapella singing groups that perform in various venues around the ship in the evenings. I'm curious if Summit has one. We will be boarding on May 6th (2 1/2 weeks, yay!) and am hoping to see one on board. We have really enjoyed them in the past.

Thanks!

oh thats ight SARAH!!!!!! I'll take two please.............

Gotta love that premium package!!! Be sure to have 2 for me too when you're on board Cheryl :D

Is the premium drink package free? :confused:

When using our OBC it is essentially free for me. At least thats how I like to see it LOL :D

For 7 days the premium runs about $430. Its actually a great deal ;)

Loving your pictures and helpful hints in preparation for my cruise in 10 days! :)

Can you please tell us what type of hairdryer is in your room? Also the TV looks pretty far away from the bed - are you able to see it from there? Is there a clock in the room?

Thanks in advance and keep the great pictures coming! :D

Loving your pictures and helpful hints in preparation for my cruise in 10 days! :)

Can you please tell us what type of hairdryer is in your room? Also the TV looks pretty far away from the bed - are you able to see it from there? Is there a clock in the room?

Thanks in advance and keep the great pictures coming! :D

Never a clock in the room....... As for hair dryers all hairdryers on ships seem to require that you hold the butting with pressure in order to continue having the air blow out. Simple remedy is duct tape. Bring duct tape on the cruise it is a very helpful thing to have around..........

Just noticed that the "refrigerator" in the room is more of a cooler. And the drawer right above the "refrigerator" gets hot so be careful on what you put in there.

On our last cruise on RCCL we were told by the room steward that it IS a COOLER & NOT a refrigerator. He suggested he bring a bucket of ice everyday & place it in the cooler to keep it cool..that worked..but unless they have little 'freezer" portion or a temperature dial or the specifically say the room has a refrigerator ..it is only a cooler & items going into it need to be cool to begin with.

who thinks the picture of the bandaid over the peephole is the funniest thing ever?!?

Ellen

That is pretty funny. Good thinking! :D

Never a clock in the room....... As for hair dryers all hairdryers on ships seem to require that you hold the butting with pressure in order to continue having the air blow out. Simple remedy is duct tape. Bring duct tape on the cruise it is a very helpful thing to have around..........

Or extra bandaids. :p

Probably surgical tape would work too since it's smaller and weighs less. Darn those airlines!

I'm really enjoying your review and pictures. Looking forward to your next posting.

OK now we HAVE TO cruise Celebrity just to get the brunch :eek:

Never seen anything like it. Wow.

It's so nice to see the staff smiling and looking very proud in the brunch photos.

Great pics if you've only used your phone to take them!

Thank you everyone for staying tuned! And thank you for the tips re: hairdryer and fridge. I also appreciate others taking the time to answer some questions.

I have a lot more photos so if you have any requests for photos, let me know. I just don't have time to upload them all while I'm still relying on ship's wi-fi. I will be doing a more extensive trip report when I get home with more photos and scanned copies of Celebrity Today and other stuff.

APRIL 17 - ST. LUCIA

• Bring a lot of change. If you didn't bring a lot of change from home, you can get change from Guest Relations. We thought we brought enough change, but nope!
  • Bring a wrist watch to keep track of time. I usually don't wear a wrist watch, but before my next cruise, I'm buying a waterproof one.
  • We docked at La Place Carenage, across the bay from Pointe Seraphine. The Celebrity representative that I talked to on the phone from home told me we were docking at Pointe Seraphine. This may not sound important, but it was for us when our dive operator was picking us up by boat.

Serenade of the Seas at Pointe Seraphine (left) and Summit at La Place Carenage (right)
    IMG_4234.jpg
  • We booked the "Dive and Drive" tour by Scuba Steve and enjoyed it. It was not cheap though. We dove one tank by the Pitons. The visibility wasn't great, but the corals were beautiful and there were plenty of fish.

That's me!
    IMG_2369.jpg

Find the fish!
    IMG_2417.jpg

We then boarded our private taxi for our tour of the island. We were taken to Ladera hotel for lunch. Gorgeous view, the hotel is located between the twin pitons.
    IMG_4073.jpg

Expensive lunch, but the catch of the day was delicious!
    IMG_4106.jpg

IMG_4103.jpg

• Dive and Drive tour continued...

We were then taken to the volcano.
    IMG_4133.jpg

We were driven around, stopping frequently for photos.
    IMG_4157.jpg

IMG_4181.jpg

IMG_4189.jpg

We then went to Marigot Bay - tiny, but very busy bay with plenty of stores.
    IMG_4202.jpg

Then we went by the Governor's Mansion for more photos.
    IMG_4244.jpg

The tour started 9:30 and we got back to the cruise terminal around 4:15. It was a long day, but since we had the taxi to ourselves, we got to relax (and sleep) along the way.

• We enjoyed the show "Sirens". The stage was beautiful. The musical score was good. The tap dancing was okay. The acrobat pair showed up too.
    IMG_4571.jpg

IMG_4511.jpg
  • Island Celebration Deck Party and Fruit Buffet was at 10:30pm. I was one of the first people lined up, but as soon as they took off the rope, everybody went crazy especially for the chocolate-covered strawberries.
    IMG_4580.jpg

IMG_4596.jpg
  • If you SCUBA dive and plan to bring your own equipment, try to get a balcony. As you know, we are in an inside cabin. We dive and brought our own gear. We haven't even pooped yet and our bathroom stinks BAD! It's all the wet gear and clothing that we're trying to dry. Key word is trying. They're still not dry. I'll try to ask what our room steward can do to help.

More entertainers

Andrew Halpin, Guitarist at Michael's Club. He can be funny as well.

IMG_4599.jpg

Liz Strauss, Pianist and Vocalist by Cafe Al Bacio

IMG_4817.jpg

Nestor Santurio, Guitarist and Vocalist by Cafe Al Bacio. He was playing Spanish music and everybody was dancing, it was fun!

IMG_4948-1.jpg

Acapella

Up Till 2, Acapella Quartet is onboard(sorry don't have a photo)

Hair Dryer

Yes, you have to hold the ON button to keep it on.

IMG_2472.jpg

IMG_2477.jpg

TV

The TV is about 5 1/2 ft from the foot of the bed. I am near-sighted so I had to use my glasses when I watch. The TV size is 27"

Clock

Sorry, no clock :(. I definitely recommend bringing one, or a wrist watch.

Fantastic photos. I'm happy to see there is entertainment in Michaels as well as the new selection of beers!

The evening buffet looks quite good; hope they have that on the Bermuda itinerary.

We are doing this itinerary in January so I'm just as interested in your photos and port reviews.

Were these photos taken with a phone?

Archived