Live from Summit 4/14-4/21

gmros

This has been discussed and answered on another thread at

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1613953

All the new Summit Aqua beds are by the baths and couches by the balconies as are all M class staterooms

Thanks for your reply. I just read a review of some one who was in 1118 and she posted a room picture. I could be wrong, but I do believe the bed was by the balcony. We have been on the Silhouette( which is a different class) and the bed was by the balcony in one and the next had the bed by the bath. So I thought it may be like that on the Summit.

Thanks for your reply. I just read a review of some one who was in 1118 and she posted a room picture. I could be wrong, but I do believe the bed was by the balcony. We have been on the Silhouette( which is a different class) and the bed was by the balcony in one and the next had the bed by the bath. So I thought it may be like that on the Summit.

Yes 63galaxie had 1120 and 1118 adjacent aqua staterooms on thr march 31 sailing and had an extensive thread with photos at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1610802 but the only one I saw had couch by balcony as was another photo on that same thread of 1132...so it looks like the S class you sailed is configured differently than M class..

Thanks so much for taking your time to post. It was a wealth of information. We have been on the Summit once and look forward again this Nov. Wow I could never do the shark dive. Too scary for me! Sorry for your delay at the airport. Your pictures are wonderful.

Sorry you are delayed at the airport - that's no fun:mad:

I will looking forward to seeing your bar photos. Your other pictures have been fantastic - by far the best Summit photo review after the refurb. (until mine in September of course;)

Safe travels home.

Sorry you are delayed at the airport - that's no fun:mad:

I will looking forward to seeing your bar photos. Your other pictures have been fantastic - by far the best Summit photo review after the refurb. (until mine in September of course;)

Safe travels home.

Library Lady ... I agree we've gotten alot from this review, includig great pictures. What is you itinerary in Sept?

We are doing So. Caribbean in March ... our first Celebrity & on the Summit in a C1 aft balcony. Very different for us as we have always been midship.

On RCCL we always get the "fountain drink" package and it includes a thermal cup which we use for excursions and the pools. Don't know if Celebrity gives you the thermal cup ... would be nice to know in advance.

Thanks so much for all of your photos and information. I'm so happy that you had a wonderful trip but I'm sad that you are home. I looked forward to reading all of your posts every day. We are going on the Summit to Bermuda in June and I will definitely be using the advise and info I have learned from you.

:D

Karen

A wonderful review, thanks for all the photos! Also the info about the bed configuration. We were on the Silhouette in March in Aqua and the cabins alternated with the bed by the window, then bed by the bath.

Was it difficult to get into the closet with the bed next to it? On the Silhouette it was harder to get in which is why we selcted a cabin with the couch by the closet. Am I worrying too much! lol, I always worry !!

Also on the Silhouette we only had 3 drawers in the dresser and most of our clothes were stored above the bed in a long cabinet. I didn't see the same cabinet over the bed in the cabin pictures on the Summit. How many drawers did you have for storage?

Okay, I was undecided about the Veendam or Summit for Bermuda.....now I know what ship I'll be on! You sold me.

Thanks for your thorough review and the time it took to compile. Every review is better with photos, and yours were terrific!

A wonderful review, thanks for all the photos! Also the info about the bed configuration. We were on the Silhouette in March in Aqua and the cabins alternated with the bed by the window, then bed by the bath.

Was it difficult to get into the closet with the bed next to it? On the Silhouette it was harder to get in which is why we selcted a cabin with the couch by the closet. Am I worrying too much! lol, I always worry !!

Also on the Silhouette we only had 3 drawers in the dresser and most of our clothes were stored above the bed in a long cabinet. I didn't see the same cabinet over the bed in the cabin pictures on the Summit. How many drawers did you have for storage?

Cabins on the M class (of which Summit is one) are completely different from the cabins on the S class. The closet is in the hall across from the bath. There are 6 drawers in the closet and some additional shelf space. There are also two drawers in actual night stands by the bed as opposed to the shelves on the S class. There are also shelves in the desk. M class ships do not have the cabinet over the bed.

Thank you everyone for reading my live report! I know it is not done yet. But my weekend got very hectic.

Our flight got delayed and instead of arriving in NY Sat night, we arrived Sun 11:30am. I had to take out my dirty laundry from our luggage and transfer it to a carry-on so DH can bring back the rest home. I met with my parents, brother and nephew at the other terminal to board a 1:30pm flight to Orlando. Got to Orlando, rented a car, drove to our hotel, went shopping for stuff we need, ate dinner and just got settled in now at 1am. Must sleep as we have an early day tomorrow - going to Discovery Cove :D

I promise I will post my St. Thomas and San Juan trip report tomorrow with photos of course :) and answers to other questions/requests.

Have a great night everyone!

Very detailed review. I am going to have to disagree with your assessment of the production shows. I thought they were horrible. The talent was good, but the selection of songs and the cohesiveness of each show was a complete disaster. Why did the Hollywood show contain several songs from Momma Mia? And why did the Sirens show include several renditions of "My Heart Will Go On?"

Also didn't like that there was no standup comedy.

However, I did enjoy many other aspects of the cruise and had a great time. Definitely a great first impression for me from Celebrity.

I will probably be posting my full review tonight.

Very detailed review. I am going to have to disagree with your assessment of the production shows. I thought they were horrible. The talent was good, but the selection of songs and the cohesiveness of each show was a complete disaster. Why did the Hollywood show contain several songs from Momma Mia? And why did the Sirens show include several renditions of "My Heart Will Go On?"

Also didn't like that there was no standup comedy.

However, I did enjoy many other aspects of the cruise and had a great time. Definitely a great first impression for me from Celebrity.

I will probably be posting my full review tonight.

I'm sailing Summit on Saturday and I have really enjoyed your detailed review.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review while you were traveling........

Your pictures are blocked on a certain computer that I must use sometimes...but I am able to see them on my phone.....

I don't know how you had time to enjoy yourself taking all those pictures.....even of food and other funny little details for people........

I always try to take pitures of food and then I forget to do it until I have eaten half the dish.......then I give up!!!!!!!

I'm sailing Summit on Saturday and I have really enjoyed your detailed review.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review while you were traveling........

Your pictures are blocked on a certain computer that I must use sometimes...but I am able to see them on my phone.....

I don't know how you had time to enjoy yourself taking all those pictures.....even of food and other funny little details for people........

I always try to take pitures of food and then I forget to do it until I have eaten half the dish.......then I give up!!!!!!!

I think you meant to tell the OP thanks, not me! My review is forthcoming! :D

Thank you sooo much for the review- We are going on Summit next April- You have given many details and pictures are wonderful- This will be our First Cruise with Celebrity :):)X since 1996-- The food looks great--- Thank you for the live review

APRIL 20 - ST. THOMAS

• We decided to do a lazy relaxing day in St. Thomas. We purchased Skyride tickets via Celebrity for $21.75 pp. It was just a short walk from Havensight cruise terminal. We got there and the tickets cost $21 (I don't know if taxes are charged). The view was amazing.
    IMG_5745.jpg

IMG_5795.jpg

There were birds, goats, ducks, etc.
    IMG_5845.jpg
  • Thank you to Tiki's advice, we decided to dry our dive gear out on the pool deck in the afternoon while we read our books. I saw somebody else's set of wetsuits drying out too. It was a perfect day since most of the passengers are out in port.
  • Laundry is not cheap. If you plan to get laundry done onboard, budget for it. I saw one laundry promotion - fill the paper laundry bag without tearing the bag for $20+. Beware the laundry bag is tiny and made of paper. When I used laundry bag, my 2 cocktail dresses and 1 shirt already filled the bag!
    IMG_2556.jpg

DINNER

Shrimp Cocktail 3.5/5

IMG_2624.jpg

Porcini Mushroom Risotto 3/5

IMG_2626.jpg

Veal Cordon Bleu "Our Way" 4/5

IMG_2629.jpg

Sacher Torte 3/5

IMG_2633.jpg

Cannoli "Tutti Frutti"

IMG_2634.jpg