What do Canadians eat for breakfast?

...a wonderful cup of Tim Horton's coffee.

There actually is a Tim Hortons in London and we found it! It is inside a convenience store in Trafalgar Square. It's completely self serve so that was different. But it was a little taste of home and we still smile when we think about it. :)

There actually is a Tim Hortons in London and we found it! It is inside a convenience store in Trafalgar Square. It's completely self serve so that was different. But it was a little taste of home and we still smile when we think about it. :)

Lordy, things do change! I moved from Vancouver years ago, and such a thing as Tim Hortons didn't exist then.....

However, one of my London favorites is now gone - Wimpy's! Are there no honorable traditions left in the world? Next thing they'll close down White Spot!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks all. I knew mushy peas and chips would go down a storm :rolleyes::D

They are travelling at the moment and so I can't check with them, so obviously I need to put all your suggestions together and buy a bigger fridge to store them in. No beavers, but I wonder if moles will do!!! :p

I think I will have our normal eggs bacon sausage beans toast and marmalade available, and if they prefer I have cereals, fruit etc.

I know it sounded a daft question, but I just had to know, and who better to ask than all my friends on line. :)

Thanks everyone for the advice and the smiles :D

I sooooooo wish I could have a nice and caring host preparing an English breakfast for me . Next to family it is the thing I look forward to the most when traveling from Canada to England. I would only be careful if that fabulous meal is to be served as they are jetlaged , though.. what a great way to get back on track.

Just to contribute , I had toast with honey and a coffee this morning ( workday). You are making me dream about marmelade and a really good cuppa !

I know this sounds a stupid question, but I have some Canadians coming to stay overnight and wondered what most Canadians eat. Do I prepare a cooked breakfast or do most prefer a different type.

Please help:o[/quot

Canadians almost everything.

Breakfast usually depends on their ethnic back ground.

i've been there and I loved it. I've also found Tim Horton's in NYC near the Empire State Building.

i've been there and I loved it. I've also found Tim Horton's in NYC near the Empire State Building.

Tim's is making serious inroads in NYC. They're now in Penn Station, having turfed out Dunkin Donuts. :( Sorry, I prefer DD, especially their coffee.

Tim's is making serious inroads in NYC. They're now in Penn Station, having turfed out Dunkin Donuts. :( Sorry, I prefer DD, especially their coffee.

Yes, we heard they were cropping up in NY! And don't be sorry that you prefer DD. Tim Horton's is actually not my coffee of choice even here in Canada. The 18% cream they use is a little too rich for my tum. :o

Yes, we heard they were cropping up in NY! And don't be sorry that you prefer DD. Tim Horton's is actually not my coffee of choice even here in Canada. The 18% cream they use is a little too rich for my tum. :o

The first Tim's we saw was in Canada, of course, many years ago. DH was excited because he's a life-long hocky fan. (and Tim did play for the Rangers for a year or two, which made it even better) We're among the few Americans who know who Tim Horton was!!!

I also find the cream too rich . Ask for milk (3%) instead of cream (18%).

Really miss my Timmie's when we travel in the US. We actually saw a Timmie's in Florida.

• 1 month later...

A large double double and a maple pecan danish 5 mornings out of 7 for me. I'm from Eastern Canada and fried bologna or salt fish cakes are both popular breakfast choices. But that's mostly a regional thing. Now I am craving fish cakes!

I think the only drawback to my upcoming cruise is 10 days with no Timmies! :)

A large double double and a maple pecan danish 5 mornings out of 7 for me. I'm from Eastern Canada and fried bologna or salt fish cakes are both popular breakfast choices. But that's mostly a regional thing. Now I am craving fish cakes!

I think the only drawback to my upcoming cruise is 10 days with no Timmies! :)

Maybe the cruise lines should look at adding a Tim Horton's to their repertoire.

I also find the cream too rich . Ask for milk (3%) instead of cream (18%).

Really miss my Timmie's when we travel in the US. We actually saw a Timmie's in Florida.

We recently disembarked in Vancouver after a 22 day cruise. You just know where our first stop was after we checked into the Pan Pacific. :D

Archived