Need room for 5

Are any of the staterooms good for 5 people. Or do I have to stay in a Suite or would it be better to get adjoining rooms? Like would we be able to book a JS for 5 people? Three of the people are kids under the age of 16 and youngest 7. Do they all have the pull down beds, with sleeping couch, and two twins that can convert to queen?

What ship are you sailing on??

Some have family insides and family oceanview that are not in the suite catagory.

Someone else may have the answer to this but I thought I saw that Oasis and Allure may have a family balcony stateroom also??

I personally would book two adjoining cabins so that you can have two bathrooms- we have gone both ways- with a suite and two rooms- two rooms win hands down...two tv's as well...with kids this can be a help.

No JS will hold 5. 2 CONNECTING cabins, if you want immediate access to the other room, is what you want.

Yes...there are suites, but 2 cabins will work just fine...kids in one, the adults in the other. You'll be happy for the privacy the connecting door offers! And...2 baths is a bonus! 2 cabins are usually less expensive than a suite.

Another Vote for 2 rooms! We had only 3 People in a GS and it was crowded at times...no way would I want to try 5...depends on the ship & the category you book as to whether you would have pull down beds or sofa bed...personally the pull down beds are MUCH more comfortable than the sofa bed...although kids can sleep on anything it seems...:)

With children that young you should look into connecting cabins.....not just adjoining which are next to each other.

The newer Royal Caribbean ships have family cabins that sleep 6....but you only have one bathroom.

I travel with 5 and I am in the camp of one room or at least connecting. I would never have my younger children in a complete other room and now that they are older-we like the one room family bonding. If I had 2 rooms it would be just like home and would never see them!!!:p

We've always had one room but I myself would feel comfortable if at least they were connected and would leave the door open.

But-that's just my preference......;)

We always traveled as a family of 4/5 (kids are now ages 9, 7,and 4) in one cabin. When we are lucky we've been able to snag Family Ocean View cabins. These cabins sometimes have large balconies and are usually 2-3x larger than regular inside cabins. Yes, it's just one bathroom-but we can deal with that. Plus, I feel my kids are too young to be in their own room by themselves. The cost of two rooms have ALWAYS been greater than 5 in one cabin. Of course, not every ship allows 5 in one cabin.

Are any of the staterooms good for 5 people. Or do I have to stay in a Suite or would it be better to get adjoining rooms? Like would we be able to book a JS for 5 people? Three of the people are kids under the age of 16 and youngest 7. Do they all have the pull down beds, with sleeping couch, and two twins that can convert to queen?

My family of 5 have booked the royal family suite. We were originally going to try for two connecting rooms but we liked the extra space (and larger balcony) that the rfs provided. If money is an issue I would get two connecting rooms.

we paid $2,700 for a Family Promenade Stateroom on Independence...we have 3 kids, and have 300 sq ft, lots of storage space, and 2 Windows overlooking the Promenade...thinking of cancelling though to do an 8 day on the Carnival Breeze for the same price...this is a difft thread though LOL..

We were in a Family Prmenade stateroom on Liberty last year.....tons of room for 5....teenage boys in separate area...sofa bed for my sister...curtained off from our queensize....walkin wardrobe for me !!!! fab !

We have booked a family oceanview stateroom on Serenade for next year for the 5 of us again and definately cheaper than the 2 cabin option !!!

Just my opinion

Sandra x

I personally would go for 2 connecting cabins. You get 2 bathrooms, which come in handy while everyone is trying to shower and get dressed. Also, you can get some privacy for Mom & Dad by closing the doors. After all, it is your vacation, too.

Someone stated no JS sleep 5, this is incorrect. Some classes do sleep 5, I know the Oasis class DO have some that will sleep 5 and the Freedom class DO NOT, not sure about other classes you can call RCCL and they will tell you which ships allow 5 in the JS. However, the freedom class, and some later classes) do have balcony cabins (D1) connected to Large OV (F) that will hold 3 in each room so you would have to do a dummy booking for 6 people (3 in each cabin) to see if it is available then call RCCL to book only 2 in one of the cabins. This would give you 2 bathrooms, a seperate room for the kids (with the connecting door and no balcony to get into trouble) and a balcony for the two adults. I have this setup for next spring break for my family of 5 (I did put my husband in the connecting cabin because not sure how the cabins will be divided for muster stations and don't want my kids alone without an adult) but we will put the kids in the ocean view and we will sleep in the balcony with the inside door open. It was also cheaper to put 3 people in the ocean view and 2 in the balcony but check your sailing because SOMETIME 3rd person may be cheaper in a balcony if they is a special pricing.

I am thinking the Enchantment.

What ship are you sailing on??

Some have family insides and family oceanview that are not in the suite catagory.

Someone else may have the answer to this but I thought I saw that Oasis and Allure may have a family balcony stateroom also??

Junior Suites wont hold 5? I thought they had roll down beds, couch, and two twins?

No JS will hold 5. 2 CONNECTING cabins, if you want immediate access to the other room, is what you want.

Yes...there are suites, but 2 cabins will work just fine...kids in one, the adults in the other. You'll be happy for the privacy the connecting door offers! And...2 baths is a bonus! 2 cabins are usually less expensive than a suite.

Wow! That was a great price!

we paid $2,700 for a Family Promenade Stateroom on Independence...we have 3 kids, and have 300 sq ft, lots of storage space, and 2 Windows overlooking the Promenade...thinking of cancelling though to do an 8 day on the Carnival Breeze for the same price...this is a difft thread though LOL..

Someone stated no JS sleep 5, this is incorrect. Some classes do sleep 5, I know the Oasis class DO have some that will sleep 5 and the Freedom class DO NOT, not sure about other classes you can call RCCL and they will tell you which ships allow 5 in the JS.

I haven't heard of this. Maybe you mean some sort of family stateroom that sleeps 5 that is about the same size as a JS?

I haven't heard of this. Maybe you mean some sort of family stateroom that sleeps 5 that is about the same size as a JS?

No it's a JS. Check out Oasis class deck plans, I think they show a diamond on some JSs, if not, I do know some sleep 5 and on some classes they will add a roll away to make 5. Like I said, I know they won't do this on the Freedom class, however, not sure about enchantment.

Call RCCL because I see on the enchantment deck plans some D1s on deck 8 have a * and a triangle meaning they have a sofa bed and a pullman. Not sure if the sofa bed is a single or a double, but if a double they should hold 5 people. Not sure if I would do a D1 with 5 people the ages of your kids, but if money is tight I would do it if it meant not sailing otherwise.

Adjoining = cabins are next to each other, but not necessarily connecting.

Connecting = cabins have an inside door so you can go from one to the other without going into the hall.

Usually one adult must be booked in a cabin, but it is OK to book kids only in a cabin if they are connecting to the parent's cabin.

You would need connecting cabins where at least one cabin sleeps at least 3. Some connecting cabins have only 2 per cabin max.

Some have a pullout sofa, other have one or two pulldown upper beds.

I have read that the sofabed can block the path to the bathroom somewhat.

Connecting cabins can book up fast, so book early.

I booked last June (2011) for my Apri, 2013, Mariner OTS because my wife's son and family need two connecting cabins.

Cheapest of course is two inside connecting cabins.

Freedom class like the Independence OTS (and maybe Oasis class) have a family ocean view that sleeps 5. I think this still has only one bathroom, but there are always public bathrooms on the ship. Again, these presumably book up fast, so book early -- at least a year in advance.

RCI lets you cancel for a full refund before final payment date (about 75 days before sailing) -- at least for USA passengers.

So there is no point in waiting to book, and if you wait you might not find any connecting cabins left.

A category D4 will allow up to 5 on many RCCL ships. Both Royal Caribbean and Celebrity have "Family" staterooms on their ships (RCCL has Family Oceanview and Family Suite; Celebrity has Family Verandah- we sailed in a Fam Verandah on X Summit - the deck was as big as the room! and it was a big room to boot), which are meant to accommodate 5 people and which are saved for families of 5 until a later date when they're released for general booking.

If you look on the Allure and Oasis Deck Plans and see a black diamond that room sleeps 5.

Any Carnival ship launched 2000 or earlier can put a 5th in a quad room.

Carnival Fantasy

Carnival Ecstasy

Carnival Dream

Others recommend the NCL two bedroom family suites: NCL Sun

6 pax rooms include:

NCL Star

NCL Dawn

Call RCCL because I see on the enchantment deck plans some D1s on deck 8 have a * and a triangle meaning they have a sofa bed and a pullman. Not sure if the sofa bed is a single or a double, but if a double they should hold 5 people. Not sure if I would do a D1 with 5 people the ages of your kids, but if money is tight I would do it if it meant not sailing otherwise.

That is what I was curious about, because they have the symbols that indeed there are extra pullmans so why couldn't you have 5 in a JS. Thanks for all the replies. Anyways, My third youngest chid always ends up sleeping with us in the bed, so regardless why cant we have 5 in a Junior Suite? ( Theres 3 in the bed and the little one say's , roll over, roll over) LOL Must be the Childcare provider in me! Singing in my head! lol

Archived