Allure of the seas- Eastern- april 15-22nd Review

Bill in Ohio. Having a group does not require everyone to use same line. My wife and I paid for our family of ten. When we checked in we used three separate lines. The credit card was already on file for all cabins.

Obsessedsc, I have a question since you were just on the Allure. I love reading your review we are set up for March 24, 2013 and this is very useful info since my brother will be joining us and will be traveling with a 11 month old. I did have a question if you would know are we aloud to bring a bottle of alcohol on the boat with us. I know Disney allows one bottle per person was not sure if this was the case for Royal. Looking foward to the rest of your review. Thanks again.

Since the OP may not be back until tomorrow some time, I thought I'd answer this question for you:

Nope, no alcohol of any kind is allowed to be brought on board! Since you will be cruising during spring break, they will be extremely vigilant about x-raying all the bags. We were called to the security (naughty) room for unopened bottles of mouthwash once on the ship. DH was also pulled over before we even checked in because of an unopened bottle of soda and an open bottle of water. Fortunately, they let him through with that (after they shook up the bottle of soda!). You have to go through security (metal detectors and x-ray machines for carry-ons) once you get into the terminal.

Back to Obsessedsc -- great review! Looking forward to reading more and seeing more your beautiful family!

Excellent start! I'm so happy to see your little boy! I remember you started planning before he was even born!:eek:) Clearly, he's a great little traveler and had loads of attention from everyone:D.

Can't wait for the rest...hope you are both feeling better soon!

Obsessedsc, I have a question since you were just on the Allure. I love reading your review we are set up for March 24, 2013 and this is very useful info since my brother will be joining us and will be traveling with a 11 month old. I did have a question if you would know are we aloud to bring a bottle of alcohol on the boat with us. I know Disney allows one bottle per person was not sure if this was the case for Royal. Looking foward to the rest of your review. Thanks again.

no alcohol is allowed. if you go to the gifts and gear section on the site you can order wine to be delivered to your room prior to arival. i know it gets expensive but it is fun to try to make it to all the bars on the ship! enjoy your cruise!! there's no way you cannot have fun on that ship!

Q. Was that first picture u took taken in the parking lot next to the ship? Was it pretty close to the ship??

Thanks your review is awesome!

yes it was from the lot where we parked at the terminal...very, very close!

Since the OP may not be back until tomorrow some time, I thought I'd answer this question for you:

Nope, no alcohol of any kind is allowed to be brought on board! Since you will be cruising during spring break, they will be extremely vigilant about x-raying all the bags. We were called to the security (naughty) room for unopened bottles of mouthwash once on the ship. DH was also pulled over before we even checked in because of an unopened bottle of soda and an open bottle of water. Fortunately, they let him through with that (after they shook up the bottle of soda!). You have to go through security (metal detectors and x-ray machines for carry-ons) once you get into the terminal.

Back to Obsessedsc -- great review! Looking forward to reading more and seeing more your beautiful family!

thanks! i will say that we did attempt to take water on board. i bought a whole case but we decided it was too much to keep up with. instead we put about 5 bottles of dasani in our carry ons. we got pulled in the terminal to get our bags checked. they said "they have a baby so keep it green"- anyways...they did allow us to take our 5 bottles. and we still ended up buying 3 bottles of evian on the ship. In st. maarten we got back to the customs line with an unfinished bottle of water and they took it from us...we found customs/security to be very inconsistent between the 3 ports. and not very friendly. like they expected us to know what they wanted...bahamas wanted the stroller left open to check...st. thomas and st. maarten wanted it folded and put through the belt! there i go rambling. but i do see how things with security and bringing things that arent allowed on board can change depending on the moment/person checking.

Obsessedsc,

Great review... love reading it - even though i was on the same ship/same time... I know what you mean about the getting sick - I got sick too!! Still battling a sore throat, cough and slight fever. Guy next to me on the plane on the way home was off of Allure (April 15th) and sick too! Time to LYSOL the ship! LOL...

Thanks for taking the time to type up your review quickly - I might get around to it myself after i feel better...

the next morning we woke up to us approaching nassau to join the carnival fantasy! Fantasy leaves from our hometown so it was fun to join her there!! Also, carnival fantasy was my second cruise ever back in the 90s! Dad actually joke prior to the cruise wondering why he had to drive to ft. lauderdale...couldnt he just get on the fantasy to nassau and then join us there!!

So we got off the ship fairly quickly. Searched for our Atlantis Beach day group at the pier. They gave us wrist bands. Then we were taken to a bus to transfer us. I will say for moms out there that i did simply just hold the baby (well and said lots of prayers for safety). The weather was windy and chilly but it warmed up as the morning went on!

P4160014.jpg

A little rant about our atlantis excursion. we got there around 9 am. Beaches open at 10....for close to an hour we walked in a LINE with a guide all over the place and most were miserable....we thought we had picked an on your own style excursion. It was very frustrating since my parents had stayed at Atlantis before and my DH and I had been there in the past 2 years...we knew what we wanted to do...but we were stuck!!

At atlantis I always like to stay dry and go to the aquarium and see all the amazing fish...then hit the sandy beach/salty water...the beach was too rough for the baby so mom and my brother stayed on the beach and my dh, baby and i went over to the lagoon. (i forgot to mention. my dad stayed on the ship to relax).

P4160033.jpg

P4160072.jpg

P4160094.jpg

Around 11:30 I changed clothes and changed the babys clothes and we went to the bar for a pina colada...baby slept and my mom and brother were going to meet us there before leaving.

P4160130.jpg

P4160132.jpg

We decided we had done enough (gotten our moneys worth? probably not!) and to go back to the ship on one of the first busses to get lunch on the ship!

we got back on and had lunch at the boardwalk doghouse (i had the coney island dog and added the cole slaw on it- yum!) and then we watched sail away....at this point we were all a little cranky (we were all hungry because we didnt eat breakfast and waited late for lunch and the baby was over tired). so my advice if you have early excursions is wake up even earlier or get room service!

next up: pictures...monday evening and formal night and chicago.

so strange...my dh had a short lived sore throat on thurs evening/fri morning. mine didnt start til sunday like you. yesterday i was fever free. today it's back. 99.4. the cough is the worst of it today, giving me a terrible headache...and since i'm a nurse there is no way i can work because i'd infect my patients (i have managed to get most of the laundry done, over 300 pics put on fb and now working on my review) the baby went to my moms for the afternoon because he is better and i cant keep up with him! hope you feel better soon! would love to read your review when you get to it! if you have any secrets to get rid of the post- allure crud" it pass them this way! my remedies arent working!!

Obsessedsc,

Great review... love reading it - even though i was on the same ship/same time... I know what you mean about the getting sick - I got sick too!! Still battling a sore throat, cough and slight fever. Guy next to me on the plane on the way home was off of Allure (April 15th) and sick too! Time to LYSOL the ship! LOL...

Thanks for taking the time to type up your review quickly - I might get around to it myself after i feel better...

around 5pm we headed to on air to meet my parents to play some music trivia.

IMG_7444.jpg

we had 8:00 my time dining reservations so from there we went to the room to get pretty/handsome and my boys needed to rest.

Well here's my story on how I ended up in Jeans on formal night:

The baby had such a great day in Nassau, but he barely napped more than 45 minutes. Back at the room he napped for an hr and a half before dinner. I was dressed in a black gown with a white beaded top. I had it planned for the whole family to be in black/white (well dad was in grey). Well the baby woke up when my DH got up to shower and he was unconsolable. It was awful. we were doing everything we could and then all the sudden he projectile vomited all over my husband and I and ruined our formalwear....at this time it was 8:15pm and we were late for dinner. Our guess was that he must have swallowed too much salt water because after the incident he was as smiley as ever! We threw on regular clothes (me:jeans and black t shirt, DH: an UNDERSHIRT and khaki shorts, and baby: pajamas) and decided to stroll around with a plan to go to the windjammer. I wanted to pop my head into the MDR to let my family know why we wouldnt be there. (side note: we had requested a table close to the entrance when we got on the ship sunday, which I recommend for anyone traveling with a small child so that you can exit easily)! Well the wait staff was so kind to me. And they INSISTED that we come eat and that they wouldnt take no for an answer...so here we have our table with my parents and brother looking like they are ready for the red carpet and us....well, looking like we do when we go to a chick fil a at home! I had to laugh because i'm sure you will find me on cc before bashing jeans in the MDR. I love getting dressed up and it's part of the cruising experience for me. But as a mommy i have learned now that spit up happens! and now when i see someone with jeans in the MDR i will wonder if they chose to be or if they had a mishap with their formalwear! I'll get there later in my review but just a note...my next formal night was interupted by the fire in the engine room!! It just wasnt meant to be for me to have a fancy evening on this trip!

IMG_7451.jpg

IMG_7452.jpg

IMG_7456.jpg

after dinner my dad and dh and baby all went to the cabins to go to bed and my mom, brother and i headed to chicago! chicago was excellent. unfortunately we were all exhausted and about half way into it my mom and brother had both nodded off...i nudged them that we should just go to bed. We all really wish we got to see the rest of it, but never made the time for it the rest of the week. my advice for chicago if you go to bed early would be to try to catch one of the earlier showings!!

IMG_7460.jpg

IMG_7461.jpg

next up: Sea day: johnny rockets for breakfast, the jogging track, pets at sea (no really, pets at sea), babies and tots play area, solarium, baby pool,vintages and giovannis for dinner (in the rain), and ending the night in challengers arcade! (which will probably be tomorrow morning)

Excellent start! I'm so happy to see your little boy! I remember you started planning before he was even born!:eek:) Clearly, he's a great little traveler and had loads of attention from everyone:D.

Can't wait for the rest...hope you are both feeling better soon!

Thanks for reading! I cant believe it's over now and that he's 8.5 months old!! he is an attention hound!!! He ate it up from the staff and other passengers! One thing that's going to be tough is that we live on the boat/beach all summer here but our water isnt crystal clear...if he could talk he'd want to move to St. john or St. martin so that he wouldn't have to wear a life jacket at the beach! Thanks for your review. It was so helpful! DH asked what i'm planning next (I plan everything)...I said BABY #2 or Oasis?!! :) we'll see!

I am loving this review.

Re: falling asleep during the show - it is crazy isn't it, we spend so much time planning 'I am going to do this, this and then that' and when it comes to it, you are having so much fun not doing anything, but being in the sun really takes it out of you and you don't have time for the plans.

You have a great time all the same.

but jeans on formal night :eek: I hope that the clothes recovered to be worn another day. Too much salt water sounds about right.

Enjoying your review. We were just on the April 1 sailing. Loved your jeans in the dining room story! I love to do reviews like this, too.....so I know how much time and effort it takes! But it's all worth it! You're doing a great job! Oh......and we fell asleep during Chicago, too!!!!!

around 5pm we headed to on air to meet my parents to play some music trivia.

IMG_7444.jpg

we had 8:00 my time dining reservations so from there we went to the room to get pretty/handsome and my boys needed to rest.

Well here's my story on how I ended up in Jeans on formal night:

The baby had such a great day in Nassau, but he barely napped more than 45 minutes. Back at the room he napped for an hr and a half before dinner. I was dressed in a black gown with a white beaded top. I had it planned for the whole family to be in black/white (well dad was in grey). Well the baby woke up when my DH got up to shower and he was unconsolable. It was awful. we were doing everything we could and then all the sudden he projectile vomited all over my husband and I and ruined our formalwear....at this time it was 8:15pm and we were late for dinner. Our guess was that he must have swallowed too much salt water because after the incident he was as smiley as ever! We threw on regular clothes (me:jeans and black t shirt, DH: an UNDERSHIRT and khaki shorts, and baby: pajamas) and decided to stroll around with a plan to go to the windjammer. I wanted to pop my head into the MDR to let my family know why we wouldnt be there. (side note: we had requested a table close to the entrance when we got on the ship sunday, which I recommend for anyone traveling with a small child so that you can exit easily)! Well the wait staff was so kind to me. And they INSISTED that we come eat and that they wouldnt take no for an answer...so here we have our table with my parents and brother looking like they are ready for the red carpet and us....well, looking like we do when we go to a chick fil a at home! I had to laugh because i'm sure you will find me on cc before bashing jeans in the MDR. I love getting dressed up and it's part of the cruising experience for me. But as a mommy i have learned now that spit up happens! and now when i see someone with jeans in the MDR i will wonder if they chose to be or if they had a mishap with their formalwear! I'll get there later in my review but just a note...my next formal night was interupted by the fire in the engine room!! It just wasnt meant to be for me to have a fancy evening on this trip!

IMG_7451.jpg

IMG_7452.jpg

IMG_7456.jpg

after dinner my dad and dh and baby all went to the cabins to go to bed and my mom, brother and i headed to chicago! chicago was excellent. unfortunately we were all exhausted and about half way into it my mom and brother had both nodded off...i nudged them that we should just go to bed. We all really wish we got to see the rest of it, but never made the time for it the rest of the week. my advice for chicago if you go to bed early would be to try to catch one of the earlier showings!!

IMG_7460.jpg

IMG_7461.jpg

next up: Sea day: johnny rockets for breakfast, the jogging track, pets at sea (no really, pets at sea), babies and tots play area, solarium, baby pool,vintages and giovannis for dinner (in the rain), and ending the night in challengers arcade! (which will probably be tomorrow morning)

Great story!! So nice (and realistic) of the waitstaff, because seriously, is it really going to affect anyone's dinner that you are in jeans and shorts? Nope.

And, I must say, you look like that family that couldn't look bad in rags . . . gorgeous!! (hee hee -- same thing happened to us on a disney cruise )

That may have not been an option, someone will correct me if I'm wrong, of if they think I'm wrong ;), but if the cabins are all on the same credit card for expenses they want you to check in together.

Hey! Can you please tell me, if you know, why when I try to use that same countdown url, I can't? It just keeps saying invalid URL? Thanks for any "computer challenged" help you can give me:o

I saw the "pets at sea" too....first time ever! I should have brought my little "Suki".

I loved Chicago, my favorite. We went to the 7pm show, so my husband actually stayed awake.

Missing Allure!

We threw on regular clothes (me:jeans and black t shirt, DH: an UNDERSHIRT and khaki shorts, and baby: pajamas) and decided to stroll around with a plan to go to the windjammer. I wanted to pop my head into the MDR to let my family know why we wouldnt be there. (side note: we had requested a table close to the entrance when we got on the ship sunday, which I recommend for anyone traveling with a small child so that you can exit easily)! Well the wait staff was so kind to me. And they INSISTED that we come eat and that they wouldnt take no for an answer...so here we have our table with my parents and brother looking like they are ready for the red carpet and us....well, looking like we do when we go to a chick fil a at home! I had to laugh because i'm sure you will find me on cc before bashing jeans in the MDR. I love getting dressed up and it's part of the cruising experience for me. But as a mommy i have learned now that spit up happens! and now when i see someone with jeans in the MDR i will wonder if they chose to be or if they had a mishap with their formalwear! I'll get there later in my review but just a note...my next formal night was interupted by the fire in the engine room!! It just wasnt meant to be for me to have a fancy evening on this trip!

)

Well, you certainly had a great attitude about it...you are all smiles in the photo! And certainly you arent going to go into the MDR with an unappetizing sign on your back that says " sorry, my baby projectile vomited on my formal wear!";)

This is why I don't recommend looking down our noses at how other people dress in the MDR ..."walk a mile in their shoes" (be they sneakers or stilettos;)) DH and I enjoy dressing, but we can never know everyone's story! A lady on another thread hadn't done the pre cruise try on and couldn't zip her dresses, so she went casual...you just can never know! :eek:

What is it with vacations and getting sick? My family flew from Orlando to San Francisco. We were gone for eight days in San Fran and Monterey/Big Sur, and when we returned first hubby got sick, then I caught it from him. I guess our son-in-law also caught the same flu. First a sore throat, achey, head cold, and then COUGH that is taking us all forever to go away!

We are finally close to the end of the coughing - which is good, because I'm going solo on the Allure in nine days! DH is out of vacation time, as we sailed the Southern Caribbean route in January.

Thanks to everyone who do reviews! It helps to have some idea of what's coming.

Sharon ;)

Thanks everyone for reading!!! Finally feeling better today, just sleepy!!

I'm in the process of uploading all my tuesday, at sea pictures. Once they are up I will be back to continue!!

:cool:Just thinking that this time last week we were at Le Galion beach St. Maarten....I wanna go back!!!!!!

Archived