Are You Chasing C&A Points?

Hi

I am currently a lowly Platinum at the moment but thinking of upgrading to a Junior Suite on my TA in November to take me up to Emerald level.

I desperatley want to get to Diamond level and take my place in the DL events......To you all that have reached that level and above, I salute you. You have earned your place through loyalty to RCCL and one day I hope to be sat there with you all :)

Angie X

No didn't chase D level either..it just happened and luckily for our adult kids they got it too...Thanks Mom & Dad :D...Just one more cruise for us coming up soon and we'll be D+ and that will probably be as high as we ever get...but that's good enough for us, we just love to cruise :)

Only time I might "chase points" - that is, let them influence cruise decisions - would be if I were one or two points away from next level and deciding on length of cruise. I would rather cruise twice than stay in a JS once just to hit next level but picking a 9nt over a 7nt (or doing another TA) would be a valid reason. We are at 22 and if we took a seven night we would be at 29 (ouch!) so short of Platinum. Our 15nt TA deals with that issue nicely. ;) We wanted to do another TA anyway so points were not a direct factor. From 37 to 55 for Emerald is 18 points so two 7nt would not help much but a couple 9nt would be perfect so I might be inclined to sway decision making for that.

Point chasing??? Naww. But who wants to bet December bookings are way up since the start of the Diamonds in December/December Celebration promotion? Gotta love the double/triple points:D

Yes gotta love those double (and triple in a JS) points. Thank you Diamonds in December. I have to confess that we did chase points. It got us to the D+ level.:p

The gap between D+ and Pinnacle is WAY out of our reach

From Diamond Plus. We booked the Dec 2, Mariner departure...Could not find a suite on any December sailings! Then realized the Diamond Dbl thing might be back and folks were betting on the come. We moved to Nov 25 because it fit better and the dbl'g means nothing to us since we figured we would be 293 Years old when we got to the next level.

Yes gotta love those double (and triple in a JS) points. Thank you Diamonds in December. I have to confess that we did chase points. It got us to the D+ level.:p

I don't think you were alone in doing this but I would guess not everyone would admit it. Hey if they want to give them may as well grab them if you can.

Hope they do it again.

We are D close to D+. I really don't take my "status" in consideration when booking but, I've never really thought of it that way before. (not that I'm above it;)) Usually I'm more concerned over weather we're going on the econo trip or do we want to be pampered. Another biggie is how many will be in the room & how much space do we need? I don't do well in small spaces.;) If the family is with us we will be in a suite for the extra space. A LS (if on Oasis class) for the extra bathroom. But if the points are your thing... go for it! Get 'em girl!;):D

I don't chase points, I'm diamond could've been D+ long time ago if i cruised solely with Royal but I don't. It's always my first go to, but I pick the itinerary and price...believe it or not Princess' prices beat out Royal a lot and they have great itineraries. But leveling up is a lot of fun (in that it means more cruising :D).

OP, no we are not chasing points. We cruise for the love of cruising and to be together. Also, your stating that you are a "lowly platinum" member is rather unfortunate - Platinum status is not lowly and it's something that a lot of cruisers are striving for. Perspective. :)

Hi

I am currently a lowly Platinum at the moment but thinking of upgrading to a Junior Suite on my TA in November to take me up to Emerald level.

I desperatley want to get to Diamond level and take my place in the DL events......To you all that have reached that level and above, I salute you. You have earned your place through loyalty to RCCL and one day I hope to be sat there with you all :)

Angie X

I'm off to read your replies, which I imagine will be pro and con. I did the same thing by upgrading to a JS on Majesty so that I would be Platinum for my Allure cruise. It worked fine for me and that was the most affordable JS I have seen. Looking back, I'm glad we did.

I'll be happy to have points (or double - triple) but with the huge spread from D Plus to Pinnacle it really won't do us much good. We still have almost 300 points to reach pinnacle so an extra 7 or 14 points really won't make a dent. We've started sailing Celebrity. With so many levels from gold to D+ i can understand it.

M

I forgot to add that after hearing how nice the Concierge Lounge is on the Allure we wanted to be able too take advantage of that for our cruise on the Allure later this year.

I forgot to add that after hearing how nice the Concierge Lounge is on the Allure we wanted to be able too take advantage of that for our cruise on the Allure later this year.

The Oasis and Allure CL's are nothing short of fantastic. Don't blame you at all for "chasing" the points.

No! I cruise because I like the cruising vaction, and not for points or status. When I get a new status, I will get it, but it matters not to me when that time comes, and if I did car I wouldn't have schedule a Celebrity Cruise in the mix.

from diamond plus. We booked the dec 2, mariner departure...could not find a suite on any december sailings! Then realized the diamond dbl thing might be back and folks were betting on the come. We moved to nov 25 because it fit better and the dbl'g means nothing to us since we figured we would be 293 years old when we got to the next level.

happy buzzing :d

lol! :d

Archived