Are You Chasing C&A Points?

Nope I´m not chasing C&A points.

I cruise for the enjoyment of the cruise and I chose the cabin of my comfort level. C&A points come with it but are never a reason for me.

Ditto.....Could care less about C&A Status...IMO you don't get much more than a buzz.....

We did several B-2-B's on the Monarch in the Junior Suites which got us to Diamond Plus.

Our next cruise is on the Vision of the Seas. We are doing a B-2-B with two 14 night Panama Canal Full Transits.

Itinerary-West.gifItinerary-East.gif

It would be nice to be Pinnacle, if for no other reason, to look down on all of the regular folks, but I don't think we will live long enough to make it.

We upgraded last week to a Junior Suite for our Vision Cruise since it will be our longest ever at 28 days, we decided paying for the extra space would be worth it.

Oh dear heaven no one is going to admit it! :eek: LOL. Yes we chose the junior suite this time for double points. We have 16 months to save for it. We would have chosen a balcony if not for the points but why not go up a level and get the double points. WE also chose junior suite last cruise and Grand suite the time before for the same reason! When we cruised with our 2 DD's we chose a Grand suite for us and a blacony for them. If we had done 2 balconies we would not have gotten points for theirs because it is just one cruise so we figured we wanted to feel like a king for a day so lets go with the suite and get double points. We would not go with something that we could not afford but if we can than we will. Although I am thinking a few short cruises with an inside would bump us up too. Unfortunately I can only cruise in the summer since I work at a school so it is easier to get the suites and try and get there that way . It will still take us years and years but it is fun to dream. We stick with Royal for the same reason we will build the points up.

Saying the points have nothing to do with it is like an expectant mom saying " I don't care what it is as long as it's healthy" :D every parent secretly is hopeing for a boy first or a girl first but they are afraid to say it" ;)

Let me first say that we cruise RCL because we like to cruise RCL. We also cruise Celebrity, and every now and then do a Celebrity Cruise on their Solstice class to change things up a bit.

However, in a way I am chasing points. For me, I'm 21 with nearly 400 cruise points. Pinnacle is definitely in my future, but I'm savoring the moments getting there. It is kinda nice to be recognized for your loyatly, sit with the captain, etc. However , being Pinnacle doesn't necessarily mean the world to me. Yes, Pinnacle is considered to be an exclusive group, but with all do respect, if there are only 150 or so people that have 700 points, I would think as cruisers get in the 500 point range, there really aren't that many people with that many points. So although Pinnacle might have that "exclusivity" about it because you are at the "pinnacle" of the pyramid, even those of us that are double, if not triple the amount of points required to reach D+, are an exclusive group.

We do one cruise in December regardless of whether or not they offer the points. We chase good deals and enjoy being with eachother. We have met some fantastic people along the way who we plan cruises with every year. So yes, I'm a point chaser - but I'm loving every minute of it! Who knows, if the plan goes right and I reach Pinnacle before I'm 27, could I be the next SUPER MARIO in 30 years? lol:D

Hi

I am currently a lowly Platinum at the moment but thinking of upgrading to a Junior Suite on my TA in November to take me up to Emerald level.

I desperatley want to get to Diamond level and take my place in the DL events......To you all that have reached that level and above, I salute you. You have earned your place through loyalty to RCCL and one day I hope to be sat there with you all :)

Angie X

Back when levels were based on cruises vs. days, we were 2 cruises away from Diamond, so we booked a 4 night and a 3 night B2B cruise on Majesty to get us to Diamond prior to our Freedom cruise rather than just booking a 7 day cruise.

Honestly, we never chased points. We cruise and we have only had one cruise in less than a JS, so almost all double points, but we love to cruise. We just made diamond and at the rate we got there we could be D+ in less than 3 years, but we're not "chasing" it.

Chasing it would infer the only goal is to make certain status, and not particularly care about cruising. No one cruises ONLY to obtain a particular status. What would be the point in that?:rolleyes:

I don't chase points...but if an opportunity presents itself that can benefit me in multiple ways you can bet I'll jump on it quickly! A week and a half ago some incredible 7 day Bermuda trips popped up with unbelievable rates. Just so happens I need exactly 7 nights more to make Emerald and was in the process of figuring out how much a week at the beach would cost DH and I:) Booked the Bermuda trip cause it's about the same as the week at the beach (plus I don't have to cook:p), so in this case it was a combination of both

I don't understand why many people seem to be interpreting "point chasing" as a negative thing.

I loved my first cruise with RCCL, so signed up and decided to stay loyal and play the points game. One of my cruises gave me the opportunity to stay in a family suite and to experience the Concierge Lounge. :D I'm not at all ashamed to admit that from that moment on it became a gaol to qualify to become D+ and to be able to use the concierge lounge. (I travel with my 22 yo daughter, so a few hours in the CL gives us some fun time together, before she heads off for a night of fun with her age group.)

Yes, I am doing a 2 night cruise so that I will be Diamond before a coming 7 night cruise.

Chasing points does not make me appreciate the cruise any less. I don't care about the status - I will never wear a pin and havent even been to a return cruisers event etc, but am certainly looking forward to having a few drinks in a nice lounge each evening.

Love cruising!!!!!!!

I guess you could call it 'chasing'. We needed 8 points to get to D+. Booked a JS (usually book balconies) on a 5 night Liberty because we were booked on the Allure and I wanted to have access to the CLounge. We did our own version of a B2B. These cruises ended up in December so we got triple points for the 5 day and double for the 7 night.

I doubt we will get to Pinnacle - as we are cruising more on other cruise lines. Love the entertainment and ships with Royal. Other lines have better food and itineraries.

We don't "chase" points, we just LOVE to cruise, mainly on Royal Caribbean. We are Diamond, and almost Diamond Plus. When looking for a cruise to Bermuda, we chose the Explorer for several reasons. We love the product RC has. Also, at Diamond level C&A, we get several perks, including the balcony discount that is very nice. We had booked an inside on the Explorer, and shortly after, RC offered a senior discount. DH is 55, so when we were able to upgrade to a balcony for only $171.00 total extra. AND, we were able to get a corner aft balcony! This cruise also was included in the bonus for C&A points, so we are getting 9 points. This leaves us only 5 points away from becoming Diamond Plus. We tried Celebrity in Feb., and loved it. We have a 14 night booked on Celebrity Eclipse, and the loyalty club is very nice. We don't get the balcony discount, or free pictures, but we do get lots of internet time, an evening event with drinks from 5-7, free laundry and dry cleaning just to name a few. Their Elite status is after completing only 10 cruises (they still use the old system). We are considering booking a 5 night on RC in jan/13 before our Celebrity cruise so we will then be Diamond Plus! We are looking at cruising in Australia in fall of 2013, and looking at Celebrity and RC. As of now, RC is winning out, and the free laundry at D+ would be a great benefit to have on much longer cruises. We are looking at flying to Sydney, doing a week pre-cruise, then sailing up the coast of Australia on Rhapsody for 11 nights to see the Great Barrier Reef area, then boarding the Radiance, and sailing over to the Islands of New Caledonia and Vanuatu. I have always wanted to see those islands.

On our last cruise on the Freedom of the Seas they announced that there was a cruiser onboard that had spent over 2200 days (I can't remember the exact number it might have been 2300) on Royal Caribbean ships.....If D+ seems something I can only hope to get to in my lifetime, I can only begin to imagine those kinds of numbers. :D

Yes, but only because after my next Royal cruise I will be at 78 points, so I will probably look for a short cruise to knock me over to Diamond. That way I can also get my Elite Status at Celebrity. I am not going to worry so much about Diamond Plus. I figure I have a long time to make that. And there is no Celebrity Azamara equivalent past Diamond.

[quote name='Marley-Bop']Hi

I am currently a lowly Platinum at the moment but thinking of upgrading to a Junior Suite on my TA in November to take me up to Emerald level.

I desperatley want to get to Diamond level and take my place in the DL events......To you all that have reached that level and above, I salute you. You have earned your place through loyalty to RCCL and one day I hope to be sat there with you all :)

Angie X[/quote]

My history looks strange because of the change in the way points are earned. It looks like this ...

Except for the last one (24 points) all of my points were earned under the old system where you received one point per cruise, two points for longer cruises and an extra point for being in a suit. My last cruise was twelve nights in a JS under the new system, so I earned 24 points.

Archived