Posting from the Coral

twocats

Hello all, we are here on the Coral, what a beautiful ship. We started our journey on Wed. and it is now day 5 of 15, heading for SF from FLL. Our cabin is wonderfully located, (all that research paid off) and other than extreme heat there are no negatives. The heat actually isn't as bad as I though but still difficult to tour and so on. Aruba was great. More in a review upon return, but as an aside, yes it is possible to get lost on this tiny island. :) Entertainment has been good, as are the movies. Food has been terrific. Visited the Bayou Cafe Friday night, unbelievable Porterhouse. Anyway Panama tomorrow.

I did take some pictures of the balcony view from our cabin to the bumpout so will post those and more on return. Back to the grind of cruising, :D Carole

Twocats; We would love to read a review when you return. We are doing the exact same cruise but next year from FLL to S.F. I have done a partial transit of canal before but will be the first full transit through the canal. Looking forward to reading the review.Also I would be interested in any info you find out about Puntarenas and Huatulco. Have done a ton of research but not much about those two area. Thanks.

Marilyn

My favorite too.. twice last year, again in 3 weeks... :D

Hey Largin: Where are you heading in my favorite ship? I bet it is Alaska as the timing is just right. Have a great cruise on the Coral. She is a beauty isn't she.

Marilyn

mii.. Yep.. Whittier to Anchorage.. Same as last September.. 5th time in Alaska, 4th time with my favorite Maitre D'.. Had to cancel 4/19 Hawaii because of death in family on 4/17. Figured I would need some relaxing time so I booked the Coral for the 5/21. Coral is my favorite ship..

I have just booked two minis on some sort of a "bump"out about mid ship on the Aloha deck? Would they be a cood location?
We had the minisuite at the front of the mid-ship bumpout on the Aloha deck when were in Alaska on the Coral last year -- we really enjoyed the view at the corner of the bumpout, but the balcony is a bit smaller. Next year we need 2 side-by-side minisuites, so we are planning on the two aft-most minis on the Dolphin or Caribe deck, but would not hesitate to book a center bumpout corner minisuite again if it was just DW and I cruising.

Whalewatcher

It sounds like the same location. These are the front minis on the bumpout Aloha deck. There is one on each side of the ship and I reserved them both so the girls and their families would be across the center hallway from on another.

Was the balcony significantly smaller? It doesn't reflrct this on the deck plans. Is it because the railing curves back towards the main hull?

The balconies are a little smaller on Aloha and Baja decks in general, but there was room for a small table and 2 chairs. The curvature does subtract a little from the balcony size, but IMHO this loss of square footage is minor compared to the wide-open feel of having a corner balcony. I will try to post a picture of our balcony, if I can figure out how.

I like the idea of minisuites on either side of the boat -- that way you can move from side to side depending on the view! We will have to try that when our kids are a little older.

Great to hear how the Coral is looking great and that she is a favourite ship for so many. My cruise on the Coral isn't until Nov 05 so it is a long time away. Report back whenever you have time to fill us in on how your cruise is going.

Have fun and please take a picture of the balconies near the aft. Did you take pictures of your mini suite?
I do have pictures, but can't quite figure out how to post them here....but I did find this link that shows many pictures of balconies from the Island Princess, so that should at least give some idea...

http://community.webshots.com/album/94785503RvSEXc (balcony pics)

http://community.webshots.com/album/94871857KkjVZv (exterior pics)

Here is another picture I found that shows the back corner of the center bumpout -- show the relative balcony size, as well as how the aloha balconies are partially covered:

CoralPrincessOutsideBalView4.jpg

And here is another picture that shows the front of the aft-most bumpout on the Coral -- here the aloha balconies are fully exposed, but the balcony size is the same as on the middle bumpout, and this shows the difference in balcony size between aloha/baja and other levels:

CoralPrincessOutsideBalView3.jpg

hope this helps -- we would have booked A416 again if we didn't need 2 side-by-side minisuites; for Alaska especially we didn't mind the smaller balcony.

hope this helps -- we would have booked A416 again if we didn't need 2 side-by-side minisuites; for Alaska especially we didn't mind the smaller balcony.

That's good to know. We have A429 booked for Alaska in August. We booked it especially because it is in the front of the bumpout section!

Hey whale-watcher, thanks for the pics. I just found my cabin for when I sail next year on the Coral. Perfect pictures. Again thanks

marilyn

Hi Linda....can't believe you are now on the cruise! How do you like our old room? I thought is was in a good location and quiet. Who is your room steward? Ours was a girl and as soon as I remember he name I will let you know. We asked her for a foam pad which made the bed very comfortable. The rooms have great closets. Only problem is the small shower. Don't drop the soap in the shower as there is no room to pick it up! Anyway...enjoy. I am so jealous!

Finally figured out how to post my own pictures -- here is one that shows the balcony and the view (Glacier Bay) from cabin A416 -- Hope you enjoy your cruise as much as we did!

WONDERFUL photo, whale-watcher!!

So... how do you post the photo directly onto the page? Thanks!!

So... how do you post the photo directly onto the page? Thanks!!
When you reply to a post, either use the "quote" icon, or click on "go advanced". If you scroll down to the section below labeled "additional options" you will see an icon labeled "manage attachments" just below where you see the "attach files" heading. Click here, and then browse through the files on your PC until you find the image you wish to post. There is a limit to the maximum size, so you will probably need to edit the image first (I actually used the "paint" program to open the photo, and then used the image stretch feature to shrink it down 20% of the width and height of the original size, and then saved it under a new file name -- I'm sure there is a much simpler and better way to do this, but it seemed to work).

Hope this helps!

Archived