Fat Jimmy's BBQ- Carnival Breeze

Let me clarify "Carolina" bbq. I believe what you are referring to is the South Carolina style. There is also the vinegar based Eastern Carolina style. Western Carolina bbq has a tomato based sauce. I like them all, but I'm partial to Eastern Carolina bbq. I probably wouldn't eat at Fat Jimmy's.

Absolutely correct. I-95 is usually considered the dividing live for Eastern and Western North Carolina.

That is not BBQ, it is a BBQ like food. Just cuz you slap some sauce on something does not make it BBQ.

To BBQ you must use wood smoke, and a slow and low heat to cook the meat.

Thank you!! I couldn't agree more.

Well for us californians.... BBQ can ge done with charcoal and or wood, Grilling is done with with propane and Smoking is done with wood and Ive used all 3:D

On the ship they use charcoal

What is funny is my family use to have a restaurant in Sunriver Oregon years ago called the Chuckwagon and one of the best sellers was TX bbq ribs recipe from the late 70's.

The place my aunt got the recipe from was the Goode Co BBQ...... So I will respect Tx BBQ but there are lots of ways to cook deadmeat and make it tasty;)

California don't even count... Sorry

Or from Memphis, just some great dry rub. I could go for some ribs from Rendezvous right now.

I've lived here most of my life and still haven't had any of those ribs

This is much ado about nothing. This "BBQ" already exists on the Dream and Magic because they realized that they had not made the common areas big enough on this class and the buffets were severely over crowded. Now they have finally given it a name and would have you believe that it is a new venue for you to enjoy. More shameless marketing crap!!!!!!

Like Sargent_Schultz said, the BBQ on the Breeze will be serving different food than what you find on the Dream and the Magic. I think I will like this better than the sliders and soft tacos served on the Dream and Magic.

Sharon

California don't even count... Sorry

RU Sure? I bet this would make any CA BBQ taste better:p

sunset.jpg.b58709232a04b434fbcf143b4b4106a5.jpg

We dont need to hop on a cruise to enjoy BBQ watching an ocean sunset...... Can Memphis do that:D

Texas did not invent the BBQ so NO, BBQ IS NOT SMOKING!!!!

it is low heat SMOKING what they do in Texas and NOT BBQ.

What you call grilling is what BBQ is all about in the rest of the World. And since Carnival ships are not registered in Texas, or in the USA for that matter, The term is absolutely correct:D

So how do you classify a beef brisket?

(Just further proof- Texas is not a southern state!)

Of course not, nor do we claim to be. Heck, I grew up in Texas (Fort Worth/Arlington) and didn't know what a "grit" was until I moved to Tennessee. ;)

Carnival can call the food BBQ if they want, I won't quibble over the definition or cooking method. It sounds like a great new addition! I do agree that we will need iced tea (not sweet), peach cobbler, and one that seems to have been missed...white bread.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go try to book a cruise on the Breeze.....:D

NCL does this, grill and chill on the lido deck at various times, really nice option

I think this bar-b-que sounds pretty good. It is another free option,

if you don't like it , don't eat it

I happen to dislike country music, it all sounds alike to me, I can't tell the people apart, I don't like it...so guess what?? I don't go to country bars, or listen to country stations and if someone is playing country music on a cruise I pick up my feet and leave :)

It really is simple :D

This is much ado about nothing. This "BBQ" already exists on the Dream and Magic because they realized that they had not made the common areas big enough on this class and the buffets were severely over crowded. Now they have finally given it a name and would have you believe that it is a new venue for you to enjoy. More shameless marketing crap!!!!!!

Where on the Dream did you find pulled pork sandwiches and grilled sausages and such each day...I sailed the Dream 2 times and they don't have this menu...yet

As a (former) Texan, I say leave the tea unsweetened- but definetly needs peach cobbler! (Or banana pudding with Nilla wafers!)

But if they leave the tea unsweetened it will be that concentrated tea...that tea makes Brisk taste good:eek:;)

And since we r adding peach cobbler how about some strawberry shortcake on homemade shortcake and real whipped cream....

Texas did not invent the BBQ so NO, BBQ IS NOT SMOKING!!!!

it is low heat SMOKING what they do in Texas and NOT BBQ.

What you call grilling is what BBQ is all about in the rest of the World. And since Carnival ships are not registered in Texas, or in the USA for that matter, The term is absolutely correct:D

+∞

some people really have to get outside their box and discover the majority of the world.

be a traveler, not a tourist.

That is not BBQ, it is a BBQ like food. Just cuz you slap some sauce on something does not make it BBQ.

To BBQ you must use wood smoke, and a slow and low heat to cook the meat.

looks like you were reported too, and have been called names by the grand master J.

but it looks like the real bbq afficianadoes (sp) are defending you. the usual losers are simply calling you names.

looks like you were reported too, and have been called names by the grand master J.

but it looks like the real bbq afficianadoes (sp) are defending you. the usual losers are simply calling you names.

Oh well. Like I said in a earlier post, I have enough trophies on my wall to show that I know just a thing or two about BBQ.:D

I have a rule against eating anywhere with "Fat" in the name. Even if Fatburger does have awesome Chicken Strips...

I think there is a universal exception to that rule when on a cruise. ;)

Who ever posted that lied. I said nothing about Texans inventing BBQ.

Who ever posted that lied. I said nothing about Texans inventing BBQ.

Hey your famous now...... Or in the eyes of the cheerleaders Infamous;):D

Agreeed! He or she clearly made at least one exception on land, seeing as how they love the chicken strips at Fatburger!:eek:;)

Nope- I won't go there. I've only eaten them when it was takeout at a group meeting. Sad too. They were great.

Call this place Skinny Jim's, and I'm going to enjoy some potato salad. Fat Jimmy's, and I'll skip it. (I don't eat BBQ, so the meat would go untouched by me anyway, but I don love potato salad.)

Archived