Seattle Lodging Suggestions?

Hi!

We're flying into Seattle the day before our cruise and flying out the day after the cruise ends. We're planning to do some sightseeing when we get in and after we disembark. We're looking for something "reasonably-priced. Any suggestions would be greaatly appreciated.

Hotels in Seattle are pretty pricey. Many people have reported good deals on Priceline. Look at the Sticky above for the latest prices.

If you go to the Seattle forum of Tripadvisor, under the Top Questions there's a good article about hotels and areas.

Hi!

We're flying into Seattle the day before our cruise and flying out the day after the cruise ends. We're planning to do some sightseeing when we get in and after we disembark. We're looking for something "reasonably-priced. Any suggestions would be greaatly appreciated.

"Reasonable" is in the eye of the beholder. I find the Hotel Vintage Park reasonable as I do most Kimpton hotels. It runs under $200 usually, which again, I find reasonable for Seattle.

http://www.hotelvintagepark.com/

If $200 isn't your definition of reasonable, what dollar amount would be?

I'm staying at the Moore hotel at the beginning of June; never been but it was recommended by someone else. Not a four star, but a historic building that seems to be well kept. Rate was $92 a night for Friday/Saturday, and is a couple blocks to Pikes.

After reading some of the reviews and talking to the reservation desk clerk at the Moore Hotel, I too just booked it for a one-night stay pre-cruise in August. I'm glad I read comments here shortly after starting my hotel search. It sounds like an excellent location and most people are happy with their stay there. Thanks!

David,

Thank you for recommending the Hampton Inn. I've wondered about it and wasn't sure of the location. I'm a Hilton Honors member and have stayed at the downtown Hilton on both of my previous visits. May try the Hampton Inn the next time.

Roz

Very odd that you joined cruisecritic just to mention this hotel ????

Haha. Yes, I just joined cruisecritic. I'm curious what an appropriate first post should be? :)

I had walked by the Hampton just a few hours before I joined (after dinner at Sushiland) so it was in my mind when I saw this post.

Cheers.

I didn't think the Hampton Inn was your motivation for joining Cruise Critic. Welcome aboard! I've gotten great tips from locals like yourself over the years. Keep on posting.

Roz

I didn't think the Hampton Inn was your motivation for joining Cruise Critic. Welcome aboard! I've gotten great tips from locals like yourself over the years. Keep on posting.

Roz

We booked this Hampton for pre and post cruise stays. Great rate too.:)

If location is a prime consideration in your hotel, let me suggest The Inn at Harbor Steps. We stayed there last week after coming down from Vancouver.

It is an interesting concept of hotel + apartments.

Staff was extremely helpful as they booked a tour each day for us...basic tour of Vancouver in a small group (6 in ours) and Savor Seattle Tour at Pike Place Market. Great buffet breakfast with many choices and tea time with wine and hot snacks. Room could use an update, but there was some construction going on.

However, location was superb. We were two blocks from waterfront and two easy blocks from Pike Place Market. We could easily walk to each and we are senior adults. Lots of restaurant choices nearby.

Price was reasonable to us.

I am looking for a hotel for pre-post cruise stays too.

I googled "Seattle hotels with shuttles from airport and cruise terminal".

One of the three hits was the Hilton Harden Inn Seattle/Renton and it is already booked up for June 21, 2013.

Is that the weekend for the big hydroplane boat race in Seattle next year? :(

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Price as well as location are serious considerations. The Inn at Harbor Steps is definitely a beautiful place, but might be somewhat out our budget. And the Hampton Inn is a bit pricey at the time we're leaving. Has anyone stayed at the Mediteranean Inn?

I am looking for a hotel for pre-post cruise stays too.

I googled "Seattle hotels with shuttles from airport and cruise terminal".

One of the three hits was the Hilton Harden Inn Seattle/Renton and it is already booked up for June 21, 2013.

Is that the weekend for the big hydroplane boat race in Seattle next year? :(

The hydroplane races are part of SeaFair, and the big race weekend is August 3-5. The only big event I can think of offhand around June 21 the is Fremont Solstice Fair and Parade, and that's early this year, June 16-17. And anyway, Renton is not where you'd want to stay for the Solstice festivities!

The Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Renton is an odd location--it's not really at the airport, as they sometimes advertise, but a few miles east on East Valley Road. The hotels on the airport strip at least have the advantage of being close to the light rail, which will get you downtown in 40 minutes; the hotels on East Valley don't have that (the Sounder commuter trains run nearby, but only at commute times, on weekdays). I don't know for sure, but bus service is probably less good there than on International Boulevard, by the airport. And there isn't much of anything within walking distance of those hotels (Southcenter mall 2-3 miles, but you might not want to walk it). So unless their shuttle will take you all the places you want to go (including, perhaps, back over to the light rail station at the airport?), you might find the location a little limiting.

Has anyone stayed at the Mediteranean Inn?

Looks like a nice place but the location seems somewhat inconvenient. Quite a walk to the Monorail if you want to get downtown.

As someone posted earlier, the hotels near the Space Needle are more economical, primarily because they AREN'T downtown. But if they're close to the Space Needle you can easily ride the monorail downtown in 2 minutes. The Quality Inn was VERY reasonable last yr. It's a 70's looking place on the outside but was recently renovated inside. I checked it out last summer for someone who was interested. I think she paid around $150. Are you travelling with kids ... they have a small pool, and free breakfast. Easily walkable to the monorail.

Our office uses the Silver Cloud, Lake Union. Might be over your budget. It's not in the downtown core, but has a nice location by the lake. They have large rooms, a great breakfast, a free shuttle to the Space Needle, Pike Place Market, or you can ride the Lake Union Streetcar into town, free laundry facilities.

Price the Warwick and Mayflower as they are mentioned frequently by travellers on tripadvisor. And look at www.hotelcoupons.com

take a look at

hotelcoupons.com

lastminutetravel.com

don't stay in Renton, thats even worse than the airport for about everything. Locations at Southcenter at least have access to a bus into downtown and lots of restaraunts close by.

Archived