Shared tables at speciality restaurants??

Hi

I was just wondering if seating at the speciality restaurants are always done based on the number in your booking or whether it is possible to make a booking indicating that you are willing to sit at a larger table with other parties.

I apologise if this has already been asked and answered in other threads, its just that I would love to be able to try some of the speciality restaurants but as a solo traveller, it would be nice to have company for these special meals, rather than being the 'normie no mates' sitting in the corner

thanks in advance

Stanza

I've never seen it either, but you could always ask on your roll call if there's anyone who would be willing to add a single to their group for the specialty restaurant and then contact RCI directly or once you're onboard. I don't think you can make reservations online for anyone not on your reservation or linked to it, but I'm not sure.

If you are at a table with tablemates in the MDR, make friends and see if you can join them when they dine there (if they do)....

The specialty restaurants don't seat folks with others....most folks want the "alone" time.

If you are at a table with tablemates in the MDR, make friends and see if you can join them when they dine there (if they do)....

The specialty restaurants don't seat folks with others....most folks want the "alone" time.

Agreed here... The DW and I enjoy our 'alone time' at Spec.Rest's. The last thing we want is someone coming over and asking if we would care if a 3rd joined our table...

Definately hop on your roll call and start posting if anyone else is up for a group res.

They should promote a 'singles night' in the specialties. People pay the dining fee and they get seated at a table with other singles.

(Just trying to make some more money for my friends @RC.)

They should promote a 'singles night' in the specialties. People pay the dining fee and they get seated at a table with other singles.

(Just trying to make some more money for my friends @RC.)

It is always possible to make up your own group of singles during the cruise and then agree to dine together in one of the specialty restaurants. That probably works better than having the ship try matchmaking. They have singles parties where you can meet others and that might be the best time and way to achieve your intended result.

It is always possible to make up your own group of singles during the cruise and then agree to dine together in one of the specialty restaurants. That probably works better than having the ship try matchmaking. They have singles parties where you can meet others and that might be the best time and way to achieve your intended result.

I'm not saying matchmaking :eek: I mean just specify a group singles dining night of some sort. It's less commitment than asking a single person.

I'm not saying matchmaking :eek: I mean just specify a group singles dining night of some sort. It's less commitment than asking a single person.

And what are regular groups supposed to do for alternate dining on that night or would you limit the number of "singles" tables so that other groups could also be eliminated. Seems that it would be simpler to let singles form their own groups during the cruise and elect to dine together at a plae and time of their own choosing.:) But it is certainly an idea that you might want to suggest to RCI at least to get their reaction to it.

And what are regular groups supposed to do for alternate dining on that night or would you limit the number of "singles" tables so that other groups could also be eliminated. Seems that it would be simpler to let singles form their own groups during the cruise and elect to dine together at a plae and time of their own choosing.:) But it is certainly an idea that you might want to suggest to RCI at least to get their reaction to it.

ok so I am just wastin some time on a rainy Sunday! Anyway!

Stanza - if you want to share with others, one way would be to do the wine pairing dinner as these are done with one big table for all those who are participating. We met some really nice people on Jewel at the wine pairing dinners in Chops and Portofino.

Obviously, if you're not a wine drinker this isn't much help as there is no option to have the dinner without wine.

Stanza - if you want to share with others, one way would be to do the wine pairing dinner as these are done with one big table for all those who are participating. We met some really nice people on Jewel at the wine pairing dinners in Chops and Portofino.

Obviously, if you're not a wine drinker this isn't much help as there is no option to have the dinner without wine.

This is a good idea! And to the OP, if you were booked to go on same sailing as us (or vice versa), we'd be glad to share a table with you! We like to laugh, share stories with others and have fun! :D

I've never seen it either, but you could always ask on your roll call if there's anyone who would be willing to add a single to their group for the specialty restaurant and then contact RCI directly or once you're onboard. I don't think you can make reservations online for anyone not on your reservation or linked to it, but I'm not sure.

I have done this, without much success, but have met people on board who join me and we have a wonderful time!

This is a good idea! And to the OP, if you were booked to go on same sailing as us (or vice versa), we'd be glad to share a table with you! We like to laugh, share stories with others and have fun! :D

Hi

Thanks for the offer, but Im on Rhapsody OTS on 25 September, doesnt look like it matches with your bookings.

I will ask on the roll call, particularly if there are any Solo travellers, who might like to put a table together.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Archived