Veendam Sailaway May 6, 2012 - NY to Bermuda

Rowsby

Thanks, everyone, for watching all of us sail on May 6! It was a beautiful day and it's breathtaking to sail down the Hudson River and take in the incredible views.

Yesterday was another gorgeous day for sailaway...warmer than the day we sailed. We enjoyed sitting on deck til 10 AM as we were the last to be called to disembark. The same Homeport Bus picked up pax on the way and arrived at the terminal at noon...dropped off HAL pax and then some at the NCL Star.

hubby and I and friends sailed on the Veendam on 4/22, we laugh now that every single Sunday since then it has been beautiful weather and, yes, we have cruised enough that we know weather is always out of our control, but it's still funny now, because for our cruise was altered due to the bad weather on the way to Bermuda.

Nina from Baltimore

hubby and I and friends sailed on the Veendam on 4/22, we laugh now that every single Sunday since then it has been beautiful weather and, yes, we have cruised enough that we know weather is always out of our control, but it's still funny now, because for our cruise was altered due to the bad weather on the way to Bermuda.

Nina from Baltimore

Sorry that you had bad weather Nina. How was your cruise altered? (Just curious because we'll be taking that voyage soon.) Thanks, -S.

Weather is so unpredictable...I was a bit nervous about going in May because when we were in Bermuda for a week on our honeymoon, it rained or was cloudy almost every day! This time, it only rained an hour before we left Hamilton at 12:30!

Archived