LIVE from Radiance of the Seas...5/11 and 5/18. Alaska!

Hey Brad - have been following your posts every day and have really enjoyed them. I have not posted a reply but have certainly looked forward to my "daily fix". Just wanted to say how sorry I am for your situation and hoping that all things turn out well. Sending lots of healing wishes.

Hi Andrea, we are booked on the Radiance for September 2013 to Alaska so I am looking forward to seeing the ship all done over, I plan on going to Samba Grill, glad you liked it, did you go with anyone or just you and DH?:cool:

I am looking forward to my Jewel cruise in October it is a 14 day from Boston to Tampa, wish all the Hawaii group were on it as I have heard so much about it from PJ:eek:

Carol:)

Hi Carol!!!!!

Sorry you didn't make the "Nuts" Hawaiin Cruise! We had a great time - I hope our paths cross on another cruise in the future! :D

My DH and my BIL and SIL went to Samba - and the little rolls they server were yummy!

Enjoy your Jewel cruise! It sounds wonderful!

I'll pile on with the "thank you"s. This cruise is on my bucket list that will probably occur once I make Diamond in 2015 or 2016, but I'm enjoying this immensely. One of my favorite lines so far:

OH Well, if that's all I can find to complain about than it is a good day! :-)
I think we share the same attitude. I can have a wonderful cruise and mention one small minor point and sure enough someone will jump all over it like I shot their dog :D

Between each of these courses was a good 20 minutes.

Perhaps this is new enough to them that they are still figuring out the process? I know on Allure we never had more than 5 minutes wait. I tend to mike medium well, barely any pink,so I was happy in that regard.

This is not the post I wanted to be typing but sadly I am.

We are private people, so this post will be pretty general.

We had to leave the ship today due to a medical issue. The staff onboard and especially the port agent have been incredible during this difficult and stressful situation. I hope no one else is ever in a situation that calls for you to dial 911 on a ship. But if you do rest assured the service will be swift and attentive. Very swift! Also the port agent is here to assist the guests not admitted to the HOspital, even providing a couple free car rides!

Details are still in flux but it looks unlikely that we will be onboard for the second week, but things Could change, if they do...and I hope they do, I'll be back to my live thread.

The hospital in Juneau has been great, kind, friendly people, and they even have a small building with hotel rooms for tourists (mostly ship guests they say) at a fair price with laundry facilities available just across the parking lot.

Once we return home, it could be a lot sooner than planned I'll still scan and post the compasses that I have, as well as the dinner menus for the cruise so far. As well as higher res pictures from the ports we did visit.

Also just a general thank you to the gentleman who was kind enough to help and carry one of my suitcases down the gangway for me!!! It was greatly appreciated!

(it wasn't that the ship wouldn't help but couldn't due to US rules and regulations with foreign workers "working" in the USA). Don't even get me started on US customs!! I've had my fill of them today

Also just a side note, not having a ship employee to help with luggage once it was on the pier reminded me of this.... The normal ship photographers that would be on the pier to take pictures aren't allowed to...some archaic US regulation (I asked one of them and the said it was a regulation). So they stand on different levels in the aft stairs and take their pictures there.

Until later, much later

Brad, so sorry to be reading this, prayers go out to you and your Mom, hope all will be OK soon....

You have done a great job and I hope you and your dear Mom get to cruise to Alaska again, I will watch to see how you and your Mom are doing....

Be safe..

Hi Carol!!!!!

Sorry you didn't make the "Nuts" Hawaiin Cruise! We had a great time - I hope our paths cross on another cruise in the future! :D

My DH and my BIL and SIL went to Samba - and the little rolls they server were yummy!

Enjoy your Jewel cruise! It sounds wonderful!

Hi Andrea, I heard that everyone had a good time, and I look forward to meeting you on board one of these years:eek::cool:

I will keep watching to see where everyone goes next:D

Yes I will enjoy the Jewel, thank you;)

I was so saddened to read of the unexpected events that have happened..Once everything settles down please let us know how this was truely handled, as none of us never know when we could be in a similar situation. All my best to you and your Mom.

Am I the only one checking for updates on Bradpole?

I enjoyed the cruise reporting but now I want to know if they are ok.

No, I am always here as I do get notifications in my e-mail:eek::cool:

Archived