boarding ship in ports

animallovers2

what do you need to get back on the ship when returning from port. I know you need your sea pass card. Do you need photo Id? Sailing on allure OCT. 14. thanks

YES...you need photo ID.

Some people take their passport...(very controversial)..I never do.

what do you need to get back on the ship when returning from port. I know you need your sea pass card. Do you need photo Id? Sailing on allure OCT. 14. thanks

To get back on the ship itself all I've ever needed was my sea pass card which IS a photo ID at least on the lines on which I've traveled. All of the lines I've traveled on (admittedly not that many) take a photo of you when you first register to board and laminate it onto your sea pass card and that's all the ID you need as far as the ship is concerned.

What you need to get OFF the ship and beyond the cruise port will vary by port.

In PR, I needed both my seapass and my DL to get onto the pier by the ship. The police were standing there checking everyone's ID to let them through the gate. They were also checking to make certain no one had any ag purchases that might put the ship or other islands at risk.

On some of the other islands, I just walked in no problem with just my seapass. However, on those same islands those with darker skin were often looked at very closely. One woman looked fuming mad at the police as all the white people walked past by just waiving their sea passes and she was held up by the police. She was a very dark skinned black woman. Just showing her ID wasn't enough, they wanted much more proof.

While the ship only needs to see your sea pass, the local police may want more info. I was also asked for my ID when I wanted to use a credit card for a larger purchase on an island.

Archived