Aqua Class "Butler"

Flickershot

Hey everyone!

I am new to Celebrity, I will be cruising with them for the first time this June on the Infinity. I am SUPER excited!!! :D

My wife and I are booked in Aqua Class and after reading so many great posts about the differences between all of the classes I understand that Aqua Class is considered a "step above" Concierge class. Am I correct in assuming that we still get a "Butler" (Concierge) that will help us take care of the issues that arise on the cruise? If so, is this person different than a standard "Room Steward" that most staterooms have?

I know we get a "Spa Concierge" to help us book treatments if we want them, but does that person take the place of a personal concierge? What other things can we ask this person for that will make our trip more enjoyable? I know this may be a simple question for you "Seasoned" Celebrity travellers, but this is my first time sailing in a class like this (In the past I have always been in the "Bowels" of the ship) and I want to make sure I stay in my lane and not ask for anything "outrageous" but still utilize the person to make things go smoothly. Thanks!!!!

Edited by Flickershot

Welcome to your first Celebrity Cruise

I hope it is not going to be a disappointment to you and your wife, but you will not have a butler in an Aquaclass cabin on Infinity. There is no personal concierge for those rooms, you have a stateroom attendant who will, with their assistant, look after your room. There is a Guest Relations concierge available to all guests who is based in Guest Relations and can assist with special arrangements. The Spa concierge is just a receptionist in the Spa area

Now despite the bad news, you have the great news you will be dining in Blu which is a little special and I hope you have a wonderful cruise

Hi and welcome! Aqua Class and Concierge Class are both a "step above" regular balcony cabins, but are not yet in the category of suites, and only suites provide the services of a butler in addition to your room steward. That being said, there is a Concierge on board who is available to all guests, much like a concierge in a hotel, and can assist with things like specialty dining, and assistance with transportation information, etc., for post cruise. There is also an entire Shore Excursions department that can assist you with your various port days.

Enjoy your cruise!

No dissapointment here! Like I said, just having a balcony is a HUGE upgrade for me. I just wasn't sure how it all worked out. The views of Alaska will be more than enough to keep me happy. :D Thanks for the replies!!!

It is a common misconception that Concierge Class has a concierge, and understandably so. But, alas, no concierge. However there will be help available at Guest Relatiins if you need anything that your cabin steward can't take care of for you.

Enjoy your cruise!

It is a common misconception that Concierge Class has a concierge, and understandably so. But, alas, no concierge. However there will be help available at Guest Relatiins if you need anything that your cabin steward can't take care of for you.

Enjoy your cruise!

Actually there is a concierge and there is a spa concierge, they are not a big deal since they are available to everyone on the ship, not just concierge cabins and AQ cabins...

• 3 years later...

Enjoy your cruise!

I am booked in Aqua Class. I had thought Concierge Class and Aqua Class had a dedicated concierge...but, reading here, I guess not. What a strange name for a booking class if there's no specific "concierge" benefit or perk.

Anyway, yesterday, I got a call from Tangie, my "shoreside concierge" regarding our departure to Bermuda on Sunday...asking if I wanted any help with anything...not sure what I would request...maybe pillows? That's a good idea, I'll call her back (316 area code -- that's in Kansas...wow, she really is "shoreside") and request extra king size super soft feather pillows, assuming they are available on the pillow menu.

Edited by soxfan2013

Saw this thread and scrolled down and saw JackDiamond. Then I noticed that this thread hadn't had a new post in three years.

The pillow menu does not include what the last poster requested. Only includes "Isotonic", ""non Allergenic" and one more that I can't recall. No choices are King Size.

Saw this thread and scrolled down and saw JackDiamond. Then I noticed that this thread hadn't had a new post in three years.

The pillow menu does not include what the last poster requested. Only includes "Isotonic", ""non Allergenic" and one more that I can't recall. No choices are King Size.

The third choice is "Memory Foam".

There is an AQ class concierge...limited hrs usually at the desk that overlooks the library..helps with res and requests but appears to be a hit or miss amenity

we have never had trouble booking the spa, excursions, or Specialty dining on our own

There is an AQ class concierge...limited hrs usually at the desk that overlooks the library..helps with res and requests but appears to be a hit or miss amenity

we have never had trouble booking the spa, excursions, or Specialty dining on our own

Yes, we received that information this month on our cruise. The hours were very limited and we never bothered - just took care of things ourselves.

After the first night we asked our attendant for a firmer pillow which we obtained (a 13 night cruise so important for us) and it was perfect.