Favorite Norwegian Cruise Line Entertainers

xenagurl

The best entertinment NCL has to offer is the Rock band Next Stage currently on the Jewel. The lead singer has a voice that carries throughtout the ship even though she is quite petite. Fire and Ice are also magnificent.

As for Jose and Patti, we were very unimpressed. They sound like every other lounge act - definitely not our cup of tea!

I cannot agree more. NEXT STAGE is awesome!!! Lead singer Lanie has a phenomenal voice! They are currently on the Jewel until June. I also enjoyed Fire & Ice with the Michael Jackson tribute the best...the Whitney Houston wasn't bad either.

NEXT STAGE

Everyone else is a distant second. This band is incredible. Last year, I was on the Jewel, and was listening to the house band (Magic or something like that), and they really weren't that good - run of the mill wedding band level. I mentioned this to the bartender, and he said "yea, they're no Next Stage" - from everyone I talked to, it seems Next Stage is the worker's favorite act. However, their audience skews younger, I guess - you have to like Rock / music in general to get the most out of them. Even their Beatles show is more fun for Beatles fans than casual listeners (as it's 50/50 "hits" and stuff only fans generally like.)

I do like Fire and Ice as well - they do several nice, energy-laden shows. I guess I "get" the Jose and Patti love, because what they do, they do well, but popular standards lounge-type acts are just not my thing (I keep waiting for "Raindrops keep fallin on my head" to break out).

We'll be on the Jewel Sunday, so we'll get to see our two favorite NCL acts.

After many cruises on NCL, we have always felt that their lounge pianists were always first rate. That elite group must include Pamala Stanley, Vladimir Krevian, Fabrizio Caligaris, Ariel Jacobe and Bernie Martini. Very talented keyboard artists and vocalists.

In the atrium, we have always enjoyed Patti and Jose. Finally, we especially miss a family quartet from the Philippines Anna Y Los Vientos. They performed on the Dawn when it began sailing out of New York and introduced us to NCL. Anna was the vocalist and her husband and his two brothers played guitar. Does anybody know where they are now?

Tim Kaminski gets all of my votes. Saw him on the Pride of America this past January. His show on the first night had me laughing so hard I had tears running down my face! If you get a chance - don't miss his skit with the "hands" and his remake of the Wizard of Oz.

We saw him on the Sky and he was probably the funniest comedian I've ever seen on an NCL Cruise. I hope I come across him again on another cruise. Great gut.

Speaking of entertainment, I know on the Caribbean cruises it is always a reggae band playing on the pool deck - is it the same style of music on non caribbean cruises?

Edited by searchers909
Forgot to finish my question

Jay Chalmers (piano player and singer) from the Gem last October was great!

We were lucky enough to see and hear Jay last January on the Dawn. He was awesome!!! We also REALLY adore Patti and Jose! I wish they were going to be on the Pearl next week. I wonder who will be the lounge singers????

Just wondering if Michael the piano player is still on the Gem? Does anyone know?

I do not know the answer to your question, but I know someone who should. I sent them a note at ask about Michael. If I hear from my friend with an answer, I will post it.

Can't believe he hasn't been mentioned yet. Stan Sykes (Star) is the best. The video says it all. Every night he had people dancing and singing.

I totally agree. After Teppanyaki dinner we were talking and heard music. So diners and servers alike walked over to the railing to see this awesome party going on, on deck 6. All due to Stan! It was great, we wound up singing and dancing along upstairs too. :)

After seeing Dave Heenan 3 times on NCL, primarily on the Dawn-we were indeed surprised to see him in October on the Celebrity Silhouette on a Medit, cruise.

We actually saw him on a deck one day and my wife says --isnt that Dave Heenan

sure enough it was him --and friendly and approachable as ever--

he did clean up his act for the crowd

• 4 weeks later...
I enjoyed the comedy and magic of John-Pierre Parent on the Jewel.

We just had a chance to see Jean-Pierre again and he really is a great performer! Those tricks are awesome!

I had a chance to interview him on the Jewel:

http://travelxena.com/interview-with-jean-pierre-parent-magician-on-the-norwegian-jewel/

in case you have trouble with the above.

Norwegian has so much awesome entertainment. Some of my favorites:

Oh What a Night! (on the Pearl and the Sky and who knows where else);

Bollywood (on the Dawn--best production show at sea)

Ariel Jacobe (pianist on the Dawn)

Jump! (house band on the Dawn, especially their ABBA show)

I'm looking forward to seeing more. :D

I'm not sure how to describe Sinan. He is a one man entertainment show, comedian, Cruise Director and ball of high energy. Not only does he manage to be in several places at once, or so it seems, but he does this and manages to be one of the most entertaining aspects of being on the Gem all at the same time. I hope someone else can chime in with their thoughts, but I'll say this he is unforgettable! :D

He has a tendency to say "Mmmmmkay". (like an exaggerated okay) at the end of his sentences and it's so hilarious when he punctuates a sentence with it you can't forget it. DH and I went on the Gem at the beginning of January and sometimes when we say something to each other we still end it in "Mmmmmkay" and then start cracking up.

Bon Voyage you're going to have a great trip! The Gem is beautiful. Her atrium ceiling is my favorite.

Sinan is on vacation returning Feb 14 2013

Pablo Rodriguez. He was on the Spirit in Feb. 2011. The man can flat out play the guitar. He was full every night. He followed a twosome I believe called Twice as Nice. They were also awesome and filled the venue. Every night was pretty much the same. They got together on the second last night and it was just great. I would love to see Pablo on our cruise on the Sun next Feb.

Pablo is currently on the Gem

I liked Slam Allen also, although he got a little snarly with some guests one night. I really enjoyed the pianist/singer at Shakers -- Jeff Spense. He had a terrific way with the crowd, plus he knew every song imaginable. Also I really enjoyed HATM -- esp. the guy named Rome.