Ok so I Must Ask.....

LittleMiss

Which ones of the Carnival cruise ships are the Most partying? I went on Destiny years ago and boy was that a party! Victory was the same way, however when I went on Legend last year I was HIGHLY disappointed! So in June I am going on Liberty and it's my wedding cruise. I am hoping it will not be like the Legend last year. We are hoping by us leaving out of Miami we will get a nice partying crowd as other times we Left out of San Juan and the party was on! Ironically on Legend we left out in Tampa and it was so dead it seemed like there were coffins waiting for people to drop on the ship :eek: even karaoke song choices were from the dead! All are welcome to respond and sarcasm is encouraged ::D:

You already booked. What are you going to if the atmosphere is not what you want it to be? One month before sailing is a bit late to be asking.

Well not really, we have a good group traveling for the wedding so if we have to tear the place down we will. But I guess curiosity just killed the cat :D

Which ones of the Carnival cruise ships are the Most partying? I went on Destiny years ago and boy was that a party! Victory was the same way, however when I went on Legend last year I was HIGHLY disappointed! So in June I am going on Liberty and it's my wedding cruise. I am hoping it will not be like the Legend last year. We are hoping by us leaving out of Miami we will get a nice partying crowd as other times we Left out of San Juan and the party was on! Ironically on Legend we left out in Tampa and it was so dead it seemed like there were coffins waiting for people to drop on the ship :eek: even karaoke song choices were from the dead! All are welcome to respond and sarcasm is encouraged ::D:
We have sailed on Legend twice (third time will be in a matter of hours), and have never experienced a "dead in the coffin" vibe on board. We've always had a blast meeting new people, chilling out at the pool, getting our groove on at the Disco... never a dull moment!

We always sail in May, as we have found any cruise during the summer will be overrun with families who have let's say overzealous kids who think they own the ship *LOL*

That being said, we have found that the shorter cruises (3-5 days) are usually the ones where the booze is overflowing and the vibe is raucous. Tons of first time cruisers, people wearing denim coveralls for the Cruise Elegant night :rolleyes:, people walking around like zombies or wearing their bathrobes everywhere :eek:

I think you will find what you are looking for on Liberty - she sails out of Miami, hits incredible ports, and is the first ship to go through the 2.0 upgrades! Enjoy and congratulations on your upcoming wedding cruise!

I too, agree that the shorter the cruise, the more the booze flows. Also, I have to agree that the cruises from San Juan usually have more of a party atmosphere, as well as the cruises from Miami. There is no doubt that the summer cruises are more "active" than those that sail when school is in, but more important, it's just the luck of the draw. ;)

"SKY"

We have sailed on Legend twice (third time will be in a matter of hours), and have never experienced a "dead in the coffin" vibe on board. We've always had a blast meeting new people, chilling out at the pool, getting our groove on at the Disco... never a dull moment!

We always sail in May, as we have found any cruise during the summer will be overrun with families who have let's say overzealous kids who think they own the ship *LOL*

That being said, we have found that the shorter cruises (3-5 days) are usually the ones where the booze is overflowing and the vibe is raucous. Tons of first time cruisers, people wearing denim coveralls for the Cruise Elegant night :rolleyes:, people walking around like zombies or wearing their bathrobes everywhere :eek:

I think you will find what you are looking for on Liberty - she sails out of Miami, hits incredible ports, and is the first ship to go through the 2.0 upgrades! Enjoy and congratulations on your upcoming wedding cruise!

Wow! We have sailed a lot but mostly on 7 day cruises. I think there is always a party available on any ship if you want to find one or create one. But for me, I don't want to live at the party 24/7. We have sailed Legend multiple times and I have no complaints about living in the party or being part of the funeral procession. We actually found our Princess cruise was a bit "sleepy" for our tastes.

I agree that the booze cruises and party boats sail more with the shorter cruises. It might be helpful to remember Carnival has fun ships but it is a family oriented cruise line with a little something fun for everyone!

I think it depends on the time of year, too. If you go during spring break, which can be several weeks, you'll have more partying...and during the summer when school is out. The CD also makes a difference on whether it's a party ship or not. Our best partying ship has been the Liberty, but it may not be for others...it's the timing thing.

I'm all for partying, but went on a cruise a few years back with the majority being college students. It's not fun when you hear people throwing up in the middle of the night from the rooms next to you OR in the hallway.

I'm on the same cruise, Little Miss. I'm hoping for a great time but not with a bunch of drunks!

I love a lively ship, one where people are out having fun until 3 and 4 am, but I don't like an overly intoxicated, vomitting in the halls type constant day and night party. Lots of difference between fun and obnoxious. My cruises from San Juan and Miami have been some of the most fun. I think you'll be just fine on the Liberty.

I say make your own party if there is not a good one on your ship! Start a conga line on the lido! Jump on your table in the dining room and go to town! It only takes one to get it started! Why not YOU?

PS Congrats on your upcoming nuptials! Mazel tov!

I had a very similar experience on the Legend. The 2 story dance club does NOT encourage dancing or partying at all! Whose brilliant idea was it to 1.) Put a revolving door and 2.) put a spiral staircase on a moving ship in an area with a bar :eek:?! And yes, karaoke was pretty dead all 7 nights. The Halloween party was by far the most active night of the cruise.

I hope you find your party! Congratulations on your wedding!!

I'm all for partying, but went on a cruise a few years back with the majority being college students. It's not fun when you hear people throwing up in the middle of the night from the rooms next to you OR in the hallway.

I'm on the same cruise, Little Miss. I'm hoping for a great time but not with a bunch of drunks!

We'll make it fun and non intoxicating :D

I had a very similar experience on the Legend. The 2 story dance club does NOT encourage dancing or partying at all! Whose brilliant idea was it to 1.) Put a revolving door and 2.) put a spiral staircase on a moving ship in an area with a bar :eek:?! And yes, karaoke was pretty dead all 7 nights. The Halloween party was by far the most active night of the cruise.

I hope you find your party! Congratulations on your wedding!!

Not to mention Karaoke in the middle of the hallway :eek: Thanks for the congrats!

I don't know if this helps, but we just sailed on the Liberty a week ago. Nearly every evening, there was some kind of party planned on the Lido deck (Mardi Gras, Mexican, Red Frog vs. Blue Iguana), and, although we're a bit past the partying age, we'd still stop by for at least a little while to see what was going on. The cruise director and staff did an excellent job of getting people in the party mood. And it wasn't all just young single people. We saw singles, couples, and families dancing and having a good time. Be sure and check your Funtimes when it's delivered to your cabin to see when (and where) the various activities are scheduled to take place. And if you're not in the mood to party on the Lido, there are plenty of other venues on board where you can go and have fun. Just keep in mind that if you stay up late to party, some of your neighbors may not be late night party people. So keep it quiet in the hallways. Congratulations on your nuptials! Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

I don't know if this helps, but we just sailed on the Liberty a week ago. Nearly every evening, there was some kind of party planned on the Lido deck (Mardi Gras, Mexican, Red Frog vs. Blue Iguana), and, although we're a bit past the partying age, we'd still stop by for at least a little while to see what was going on. The cruise director and staff did an excellent job of getting people in the party mood. And it wasn't all just young single people. We saw singles, couples, and families dancing and having a good time. Be sure and check your Funtimes when it's delivered to your cabin to see when (and where) the various activities are scheduled to take place. And if you're not in the mood to party on the Lido, there are plenty of other venues on board where you can go and have fun. Just keep in mind that if you stay up late to party, some of your neighbors may not be late night party people. So keep it quiet in the hallways. Congratulations on your nuptials! Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Thanks! This was very helpful:)

Congrats on the wedding!

In my small cruising experiences I found that the shorter the cruise, the more people try to pack the party onto the hours. I'm not a "party" person, but it is fun to find things going on at night. I love the Legend for the ports, and the overall quietness actually. But on our last cruise on her there was nothing going on at night. The Medusa night club was never open, the piano bar has been leased out to a barber shop quartet competition, and was never opened to the public. And it was so cold when we left Tampa, that until we woke up in Grand Cayman two days later, no one was out and about partying at all. Everyone was hunkered down in the cold. The karaoke was always packed though and we never could get in.

With so few places for smokers now on a ship, and we havent' seemed to be able to quit yet, it looks like we will be Lido deck partiers on our next Legend cruise-

to quote my mom-"Where ever you go, there you are" make your own party you have all the right ingrediients!:)

You don't go to the party..... you BRING the party!! If things are slow and others get things going it tends to draw more in. Make a party others want to join in and be sure to join your roll call before you sail. You can get a vibe of the other cruisers and make new friends and plan a party before you even leave!

Archived