bringing soda on allure

what's the best approach to bring a 6 or 12 pack of soda on board.Is it best to just carry it in a bag and and let them know i have it .trying to "sneak" it on would look suspious to me and i assume it would show up in the scanners anyway. also , would cans or bottles have a better chance of getting through. thanks

I've taken soda on the Oasis twice. The first time it was a 24 pack of diet dr pepper. I taped it up with clear packing tape to reinforce it and put my luggage tag on it. The second time I only took a 12 pack and did not reinforce it, again just placing a luggage tag on it. The soda arrived before my luggage did both times. Before I get flamed for breaking the rules I purchased a soda card each time and had a bar bill that visa was proud of. The cruises were in May 2011 and May 2012.

Do whatever is easiest for you to carry. We have always carried on fridge packs of pop.(soda). This last time, we had 5 fridge packs ( we were bringing for friends who were not able to stop on the way to the port) and we even had a few opened 2 liter bottles that we had purchased the night before for our hotel room. Everything made it through just fine. They did stop us to examine the packs to make sure they were sealed and they looked at the open bottles ( but didnt smell them... guess we could have had pre-mixed some drinks in there .. lol). We even had a few water bottles that we got at the hotel the evening before... they looked at them and shook them to make sure they were water.

The only thing about carrying on your own pop is that if you board early... before the cabins are open at 1pm... you will have to carry with you. ( i have a really big shopping bag that we put 4 of the packs in). and also by bringing them on yourself, you know that they have not been shook up or tossed about and you can get some chilled in the fridge as soon as you get to your cabin.

what's the best approach to bring a 6 or 12 pack of soda on board.Is it best to just carry it in a bag and and let them know i have it .trying to "sneak" it on would look suspious to me and i assume it would show up in the scanners anyway. also , would cans or bottles have a better chance of getting through. thanks

I would recommend shoving as many cans inside a fake bottom giant can of hairspray. I'm sure it would get by security without any problem and not raise any red flags. LOL

Do whatever is easiest for you to carry. We have always carried on fridge packs of pop.(soda).

The only thing about carrying on your own pop is that if you board early... before the cabins are open at 1pm... you will have to carry with you. (

Just had to smile at your use of the word "pop" Here in Western New York we use that term all the time..but it seems it isn't very common in many places around the country..I have definitely received some strange looks from people while travelling and saying the word "pop".... and let's not even get started on what Dr. Pepper means in some places! ;)

• 1 month later...

Just boarded AL with my caffeine free diet coke. I had one bottle in my purse. Another bottle in a carryon and a 8 pack of the small bottles in another carryon. Going through the TSA scanner they pointed out the carryon with the 8 pack and pulled me aside. They looked at the 8 bottles and said "have a nice cruise". So I am a happy cruiser with my caffeine free drinks aboard!

I'm also cursious about what Dr. Pepper means, please enlighten us!

I have seen some areas where "Dr. Pepper" is used the same way as "Soda" or "Pop" are used. It is a generic term for anything that is soda. Now to me "Dr. Pepper" is a very specific type of soft drink. Some places though someone might want to have a Dr. Pepper..and that drink might be a Dr. Pepper..or it might be orange, or might be lemon-lime, or might be root-beer, or might be grapefruit..etc etc. all of which fall under having a "Dr. Pepper" :)

I'm also cursious about what Dr. Pepper means, please enlighten us!

It's a type of pop/soda.

In Canada, we mainly say pop. On our way to our cruise in Miami, any time I'd ask what type of pop a restaurant serves (pepsi/coke) I always get strange looks until I say "soda". :p

We have taken soda aboard in our suitcase, also purchased 6 packs or individual bottles ashore after sailing and just walked aboard with it.

19 cruises and not a problem

Booze is different, but.....

Glad to hear that, as I plan on taking a case of Coke Zero/Sprite Zero on the Allure in October...will just bungie them to my rolling carry on bag and drag it all over the ship before our room opens up...lol!!!

You get on the ship first... Once the rooms open up, from your balcony, throw a box over the side of your balcony that's hooked to a rope.. Have the person who isn't on the ship yet fill the box with the soda you want, and then pull the box back up by the rope. Easy as that ;) lol.

I think we will pu rchase a soda card on board and then we will both use it. We never get caught. OK let me have it.....:D:D

You asked for it ....I don't mind paying for your soda when I buy my soda card. Someone has to pay for the extra you consume. Seriously, it's not that big of a deal. It would be a big deal if 1/2 of the people on board did it.

Sorry to flame you but you asked for it.

I have seen some areas where "Dr. Pepper" is used the same way as "Soda" or "Pop" are used. It is a generic term for anything that is soda. Now to me "Dr. Pepper" is a very specific type of soft drink. Some places though someone might want to have a Dr. Pepper..and that drink might be a Dr. Pepper..or it might be orange, or might be lemon-lime, or might be root-beer, or might be grapefruit..etc etc. all of which fall under having a "Dr. Pepper" :)

In the south "Coke" is used for any soda.

We have a large soft sided cooler. Depending on the length of the cruise, I pack a shrink wrapped six or eight pack of water and add about six cans of soda. Put a room tag on it and it gets delivered no problem. I ask the stateroom attendant to keep ice in it which they are always happy to do.

Archived