Bumped.

Well kind of. I was in a HC 4j, and got a call from Carnival that someone needed the HC cabin. I was able to switch into there room, which is a 6B OV. I was looking forward to the 4J, but if someone needs the room its fine. They did say they needed my verbal approval to complete the switch.

Well kind of. I was in a HC 4j, and got a call from Carnival that someone needed the HC cabin. I was able to switch into there room, which is a 6B OV. I was looking forward to the 4J, but if someone needs the room its fine. They did say they needed my verbal approval to complete the switch.

Yup...chances are if you pick the 4J END cabins..you will be bumped. I never pick those knowing this.....you have to pick the middle ones.(they are not hc)

So sorry....:o

Hope you have a great time....:)

It was a middle room, 1001. I wonder what they do if the person saves no.

I don't know why they said they'd need a verbal (or otherwise) okay. Don't they tell you there's a possibility of being bumped if someone needs that cabin when you book?

I don't know why they said they'd need a verbal (or otherwise) okay. Don't they tell you there's a possibility of being bumped if someone needs that cabin when you book?

Looks like op is less than a month from sail date. Perhaps that is why the "verbal OK" was obtained. I would think there would be some sort of cut-off date where they would automatically re-assign a HC cabin.

They do tell you, and it is 2 weeks weeks till sailing. Not to be a jerk but someone booking a cruise 2 weeks out and expecting a certain room is asking a lot, handicap or not.

They do tell you, and it is 2 weeks weeks till sailing. Not to be a jerk but someone booking a cruise 2 weeks out and expecting a certain room is asking a lot, handicap or not.

that could be the most ignorant comment I have ever read on here. God forbid someone who is handicap needs the handicap room

Seriously.....I hope you are not serious.

[

I did not realize that ALL of the 4J cabins on the Glory on deck 10 were H/C.

6,7,8, are not. Too bad you did not pick one of those. Oh well, live and learn...Maybe next time.

Have a great cruise anyway....:o

[/b]

that could be the most ignorant comment I have ever read on here. God forbid someone who is handicap needs the handicap room

I dissagree. While I applaud CCL (& OP) for their willingness to accomodate HC passanger, I don't think any reasonable person can assume that people will be so accomodating 2 weeks prior to sail time. I don't think that's arrogant at all.

I understand what you're saying. I'd be a bit upset too if I were looking forward to a certain cabin and then ... .

To the others - not to speak for the OP, but the OP is speaking generally (I think) about someone waiting so close to cruise time and wanting a certain cabin.

It was a middle room, 1001. I wonder what they do if the person saves no.

News to me too they would need your permission.. not bad, pay for a obstructed inside and get a OV .. of course you wouldnt complain unless you had the next cabin booked or some others travelling with nearby. free upgrade, and if others read this .. more will be booking HC cabins Im sure to get the free upgrade.

I understand what you're saying. I'd be a bit upset too if I were looking forward to a certain cabin and then ... .

To the others - not to speak for the OP, but the OP is speaking generally (I think) about someone waiting so close to cruise time and wanting a certain cabin.

Upset?? seriously??? he paid for a inside .. and got a OV, no extra money .. not to mention it SAYS in the fine print if you book online and if you book with a TA or PVP they are supposed to read to you that you can be bumped without your permission.

OP booked one of the HC cabins knowing he might get bumped, probably paid interline price, as he mentioned other places, he gets a insiders price anyway.

No reason to be upset .. heck I would think more would be trying to book these cabins to get bumped. You know it when you book, that you might get bumped.

Upset?? seriously??? he paid for a inside .. and got a OV, no extra money .. not to mention it SAYS in the fine print if you book online and if you book with a TA or PVP they are supposed to read to you that you can be bumped without your permission.

OP booked one of the HC cabins knowing he might get bumped, probably paid interline price, as he mentioned other places, he gets a insiders price anyway.

No reason to be upset .. heck I would think more would be trying to book these cabins to get bumped. You know it when you book, that you might get bumped.

Well i had the option to upgrade to an interior cabin on higher deck for 10 dollars pp about a month ago. Which I took. I also had the option to upgrade to an OV for 20pp. I opted to take the 4J, as I wanted to try that cabin. So for 20 bucks total I would have had my pick of OVs a month a go.

The only reason for the upgrade was the people who wanted my room had this room booked, and we switched. If not they would have stuck me in any other room.

At the time the interline price was the same, as the summer sale. Not exactly sure what discount one qualifies for makes a difference anyhow. Could happen to anyone.

I asked my TA about 4J rooms, and he said "By rule (and kind of by law), any HC cabins available, should be available for anyone to reserve, regardless of disability type". I don't know if he meant that they are available to those without a disability or that HC rooms are available for any disability, not just those in a wheelchair.

Well you sound like a jerk for this statement.

My wife is handicapped and I would except someone who has a HC cabin who does not need one be bumped if a handicapped person decides to book and there are still cabins still available.

Well you sound like a jerk for this statement.

My wife is handicapped and I would except someone who has a HC cabin who does not need one be bumped if a handicapped person decides to book and there are still cabins still available.

Which is what occured, pretty much.

So if I understand the OP correctly, he did not book the 4J when he booked the cruise and he was upgraded to the 4J at a later date.

If that is correct, that is why they wanted his permission to move him.

I am HC and have had to cancel cruise due to illness. My 1st question to my dr was, "when can I reschedule my cruise?" His answer was "well, lets just wait and see".Seems like I had to wait forever. The wk I was suppose to be on my cruise was awful - kept thinking what we'd be doing at the time. When I finally got the okay I was on phone with Carnival within an hour looking for 1st cruise where they could find me a HC cabin. The HC person taking this cabin only two wks out could have been in a similar situation. I'm truly sorry if OP is not happy with new cabin, but it almost sounds to me like they got that elusive call from the" free upgrade fairy" that some people dream about!! I just hope he can get past it and I'm glad both he and the HC person will get to go on a cruise !!! Happy sailing to you both.

Archived