not printing set sail pass ahead

i have filled out the passport and immigration info online but i am wondering if i have to print the boarding pass at home? i chatted with an RCI agent and the person said they won't be able to print the set sail pass at the port. is that true?

That is correct...the setsail pass has to be printed 3 days before sailing...you don't "have" to have it...but it does make check in go a lot smoother...they just scan the setsail pass & all the info you have entered online is automatically entered...if you don't have the setsail pass they have to enter the info by hand...

i have filled out the passport and immigration info online but i am wondering if i have to print the boarding pass at home? i chatted with an RCI agent and the person said they won't be able to print the set sail pass at the port. is that true?

You have to show your SetSail pass and your ID to someone before they let you in the door of the terminal. I don't recall if this is a Royal Caribbean security officer or a port officer or a TSA agent. They don't have any equipment right there, so I can't imagine them being able to print anything.

With all that being said, I would imagine they have a contingency plan for people who arrive without their SetSail pass. But I don't want to find out first-hand what that is!

I do believe you need to print it out and take with you along with your identification.

It really is easier if you do print it out ahead and take it with you....at least 3 days before.....

Or if you dont,you'll have to fill out a form manually when you get there...

Most ports ask to see the setsail pass before you even enter the terminal,

It really is easier if you do print it out ahead and take it with you....at least 3 days before.....

Or if you dont,you'll have to fill out a form manually when you get there...

Most ports ask to see the setsail pass before you even enter the terminal,

True in both PC and Tampa, and since those are TSA agents, I'm not sure they would let you into the terminal if you don't have the setsail pass in hand - I know they instruct you to have it out and available for the agent along with your ID.

At PC, they will let you in the terminal without a SetSail. You show your ID, and the security people will look up your name on a printed manifest that they have.

True in both PC and Tampa, and since those are TSA agents, I'm not sure they would let you into the terminal if you don't have the setsail pass in hand - I know they instruct you to have it out and available for the agent along with your ID.

They are not TSA. Security at the ports are contract security agencies employed by the Port authority or the cruise line. They do, however, always have a few real police officers on hand.

May I ask why your not printing it?

1. Their TA may not give the guest one or does not explain what to bring to the port.

2. Forget to bring it with them.

3. Dog ate the paperwork because he was mad he could not come along.

• 2 years later...

I went through all the paperwork of pre registering, even took my own picture and did the new things they ask you to do - but figured I'd come back and print out the set sail pass before I took off instead of having more paper lying around my desk. Lo and behold, it's within three days and I can't. So now all the work i did was in vain. I get it that you can't enter more information until a certain date, (actually I can't but I'm sure there is a reason), but I don't get why I can't just print out a paper that I've done all the pre-work for. A simple solution would be for royal caribbean to send me PDF's of my set sail pass as soon as I've completed online check in. This is so irritating - especially considering I'm on the Quantum, and the iPads up there are giving people problems.

I hope RCCL is trolling here! Fix this RCCL! I've already done the work - I just need the paper!

I went through all the paperwork of pre registering, even took my own picture and did the new things they ask you to do - but figured I'd come back and print out the set sail pass before I took off instead of having more paper lying around my desk. Lo and behold, it's within three days and I can't. So now all the work i did was in vain. I get it that you can't enter more information until a certain date, (actually I can't but I'm sure there is a reason), but I don't get why I can't just print out a paper that I've done all the pre-work for. A simple solution would be for royal caribbean to send me PDF's of my set sail pass as soon as I've completed online check in. This is so irritating - especially considering I'm on the Quantum, and the iPads up there are giving people problems.

I hope RCCL is trolling here! Fix this RCCL! I've already done the work - I just need the paper!

This is too late for you, but I print my Set Sail in hard copy AND I create a .pdf file to take with me on my phone. Actually, I also have a copy in the cloud so that I can get to it from any device if needed. I guess that makes me a belt and suspenders and second pair of suspenders guy.

I've never lost my hard copy printout so I don't know how well the .pdf version would work in terms of getting through security or being scanned at check-in. Shouldn't be any problem at all technically, but the people processes are a different story. RCI isn't exactly known for their ability to take advantage of technology.

If you have completed the information before the three day deadline you can print the SetSail pass up to the night before the cruise. I usually print mine a week or so in advance but I remembered last Saurday night that I had not printed it for the cruise leaving the following day. I was able to print the pass and luggage tags with no problems.

There are no TSA agents at the port.

They are not TSA. Security at the ports are contract security agencies employed by the Port authority or the cruise line. They do, however, always have a few real police officers on hand.

Quite right. TSA are responsible for working at airports and not cruise ports. Cruise ports fall under U.S. CBP.

Quite right. TSA are responsible for working at airports and not cruise ports. Cruise ports fall under U.S. CBP.

No, TSA is responsible for security screening at airports AND cruise ports. But many (all?) of the cruise ports utilize contract screeners following TSA guide lines.

Customs and Border Protection(CBP) handles customs and immigration and all US boarder crossings (air,sea and land)

Aloha,

John

According to TSA's website the USCG is the agency responsible for maritime security at US ports. TSA does handle all credentialing of port workers and will provide guidance to the USCG for screening operations.

Do you HAVE to have it, No. However, it will make things more complicated.

First of all, your luggage tag info is on them if the porters have to make luggage tags for you. They have the Deck area and letter assigned to your luggage to make sure it gets to the right area of the ship to make it easier for the crew to get your bags to you.

Second, as others have said getting into the check in area. Usually they just look at passports and the Set Sail pass, if you don't have it, they have to check the manifest. Not the worst thing in the world, but it takes time.

Also the check in process will be slower as you have to fill out a new form for on board charges and sign a guest conduct policy/cruise contract.

You do NOT have to print it out 3 days before the cruise. (I have printed it out the day of due to last minute cabin changes) but they will not let you fill it out any sooner.

You have to show your SetSail pass and your ID to someone before they let you in the door of the terminal.

With all that being said, I would imagine they have a contingency plan for people who arrive without their SetSail pass. But I don't want to find out first-hand what that is!

We've forgotten to print it, or forgotten to pull it off the printer, at least twice. Never had any issue getting into the terminal. Can't recall what port(s) so maybe somewhere they give you a hard time if you don't have it, but it will not prevent you from boarding the ship.

Yes, they won't print a set sail pass for you at the port. When you check in you give them the set sail pass. It saves time. Without it you may have to fill out additional duplicate paperwork upon check in.

You won't need them to print it for you; all it does is help them access your information. They will take your ID and look up your rez and give you your Sea Pass. As mentioned, we've arrived at the port without a Set Sail pass at least twice. Never had to fill out any extra paperwork (why would we? it's all in the system), and it never appeared to take any longer. As far as I can tell, the only difference is that with a set sail pass they can scan the bar code to access your reservation. Without one, they have to manually type in your name to access your reservation. ;)