Summit: Plaza or Continental Deck

Lard Greystoke

Bob,

You will absolutely love the OV cabin you chose. The window is huge and seems like a veranda view, except that you can't walk through it!! The cabin is practically brand new. It's very spacious for an OV. We had the beds together and there was a small sofa between the bed and the window, opposite the desk. Plenty of room for storage. We actually thought we were the only ones in that section, as there was absolutely no noise from anywhere. The location is perfect. Down the hall from guest services on Deck 3, but separated well. The conference room and Normandie Restaurant are on the same side, but you will not hear anything from them. All in all, I think it's the best OV you can get! By the way, we had some high waves, and we hardly felt a thing! Enjoy!!

Thank you so much for all the info on these 3113-3144 cabins.Looking at a booking for March 2013.

Every time I begin to get tired of CC nuttiness, I find wonderful info such as this thread.

Really looking forward to our first Celebrity cruise.:)

Edited by richstowe

Just off the Summit and we were in cabin #3114. What a bigger OV cabin and the window was HUGE. It was a very quiet area and its mid ship location was perfect!

Grab those cabins if you want OV! They are the best on the ship!:)

Just off the Summit and we were in cabin #3114. What a bigger OV cabin and the window was HUGE. It was a very quiet area and its mid ship location was perfect!

Cool, I have 3140 in November:D:)

TVLady,

We are booked in 3114 in January and have one question.

Where is the bed placed?

Thanks,

Bob

Hi Bob,

As you walk into the cabin the bathroom is on the right, the closets & drawers on the left.

Bed is on right wall, with 2 night tables on either side.

Next to the huge window is a small couch & oval glass table.

Across from the couch is a beautiful vanity table, mirror & chair.

Add the wall across from the bed is all mirrors.

You won't be disapointed.

• 5 weeks later...
Does anyone have info about 3110? I know it is out of the range of cabin numbers that have been mentioned. We were assigned this room as a guarantee? Is there any possibility we could request to be moved to one of the newer ov's?

Thanks for your help.

Hi:), I was next door to you before;)...I have been in 3108 and

the window was a good size in that one so I think your window

would be the same.....as for changing cabins? I have only booked

a guaranty once and didn't ask to be moved but I think if it is

the same category, you have the option to move if another cabin

is available of course.

Did you book through a TA or Celebrity? If it was with a TA you

need to have them do it. If you booked with Celebrity? Call them

about it.

Edited by Lois R

• 8 months later...

Could those who have stayed in these OV rooms on deck 3 (3112-3144) post recent updates and pictures? Have no idea if Constellation has these rooms yet, but in particular am looking at 3112 and 3114. Thanks for your help and advice regarding pros and cons! Also if there are Constellation deck plans that show these rooms, can someone direct me?????????

Edited by d4m

Whatever you do avoid cabin 2181 at all cost! It is right below the Normandie Prep/Demo kitchen and every day they would clean between 3-5 am throwing stuff around. It felt like someone was hammering on the ceiling with pots and pans! We complained and after a couple of nights of these shenanigans we were moved to a better cabin with a balcony.

We don't spend too much time in our cabins so try to get the best price for what we want and this usually are cabins in the lower decks so now we really study the deck on top of us before commiting to a cabin.

Could those who have stayed in these OV rooms on deck 3 (3112-3144) post recent updates and pictures? Have no idea if Constellation has these rooms yet, but in particular am looking at 3112 and 3114. Thanks for your help and advice regarding pros and cons! Also if there are Constellation deck plans that show these rooms, can someone direct me?????????

If 3112 is available, grab it. It's a great cabin. I've stayed in it, it's nice and quiet, a little bit larger than the others in that area, and I've got it booked for our next Bermuda cruise in 2014.

Do a search for 3112 on the forum - others have posted pictures.

Bob,

You will absolutely love the OV cabin you chose. The window is huge and seems like a veranda view, except that you can't walk through it!! The cabin is practically brand new. It's very spacious for an OV. We had the beds together and there was a small sofa between the bed and the window, opposite the desk. Plenty of room for storage. We actually thought we were the only ones in that section, as there was absolutely no noise from anywhere. The location is perfect. Down the hall from guest services on Deck 3, but separated well. The conference room and Normandie Restaurant are on the same side, but you will not hear anything from them. All in all, I think it's the best OV you can get! By the way, we had some high waves, and we hardly felt a thing! Enjoy!!

Thanks for the report! We're in 3112 in December.

Did you take any pictures of the cabin or that part of the ship?

Just cruised on the Infinity. Deck 2 It was very nice...quiet. We did see the new deck 3 cabins when we walked down the hallway connecting the aft to midship elevators. There is a door at each end of the corridor that you must open and shut when you pass through that corridor. I guess it was an attempt that Celebrity made in order to make the new deck 3 cabins more private. It worked the oppposite way. Since that is the only way to get from aft to midship, there is a lot of traffic. If you book a deck 3 cabin, do not book the new cabins. The location may look nice.....but the traffic noise may not be good. Remember deck 3 midship has a lot of service areas....guest relations, shore excursions, concierge, and specialty restaurants. It is always full of people either passing through, waiting in a line, or just sitting. I loved deck 2.

Just cruised on the Infinity. Deck 2 It was very nice...quiet. We did see the new deck 3 cabins when we walked down the hallway connecting the aft to midship elevators. There is a door at each end of the corridor that you must open and shut when you pass through that corridor. I guess it was an attempt that Celebrity made in order to make the new deck 3 cabins more private. It worked the oppposite way. Since that is the only way to get from aft to midship, there is a lot of traffic. If you book a deck 3 cabin, do not book the new cabins. The location may look nice.....but the traffic noise may not be good. Remember deck 3 midship has a lot of service areas....guest relations, shore excursions, concierge, and specialty restaurants. It is always full of people either passing through, waiting in a line, or just sitting. I loved deck 2.

That certainly wasn't the case on Summit. There was a passageway between the enclosed Deck 3 staterooms and the theater/conf rooms to get from mid-ships to aft. You didn't have to walk thru the stateroom passageway. The fire doors were always open on both ends when we were on there, so there were no issues of doors opening/closing/slamming. Also, how can you assume there was a lot of traffic in that area since you didn't stay there?

Yours are the only negative comments I've read about those new, Category 6 staterooms, and you didn't even stay in one. :eek:

Edited by Wine-O

That certainly wasn't the case on Summit. There was a passageway between the enclosed Deck 3 staterooms and the theater/conf rooms to get from mid-ships to aft. You didn't have to walk thru the stateroom passageway. The fire doors were always open on both ends when we were on there, so there were no issues of doors opening/closing/slamming. Also, how can you assume there was a lot of traffic in that area since you didn't stay there?

Yours are the only negative comments I've read about those new, Category 6 staterooms, and you didn't even stay in one. :eek:

We also actually stayed in 3114 on the Summit in Jan-Feb of 2013 and agree 100% with Wine-O's thoughts.

Thanks for the info. Just booked 3112 for next April on Constellation. The CC rep was terrific but had questions she couldn't answer. Connie is in drydock now and whne I asked about the window size on this particular ship, she stated that it is now listed as a large porthole but that on the new deck plans it states TBD. She also couldn't answer if this particular cabin location and set-up is the same as on the Summit. She advised me to contact her again about 5/15 after the ship is out of drydock and maybe they will give her more info. Was told this cabin has a couch and no chair. Could not tell me about location of headboard etc. Hopefully will know more in awhile.

She told me they are currently adding to AQ as well as adding 17 OV staterooms and some interior on 6. Since I have not sailed in M Class, I am clueless:confused:

Thanks for the help and could someone please stay in that room on the Constellation in the next 2 months so that I can get a definite answer about the window and any other changes they might have made:D

Thanks for the info. Just booked 3112 for next April on Constellation. The CC rep was terrific but had questions she couldn't answer. Connie is in drydock now and whne I asked about the window size on this particular ship, she stated that it is now listed as a large porthole but that on the new deck plans it states TBD. She also couldn't answer if this particular cabin location and set-up is the same as on the Summit. She advised me to contact her again about 5/15 after the ship is out of drydock and maybe they will give her more info. Was told this cabin has a couch and no chair. Could not tell me about location of headboard etc. Hopefully will know more in awhile.

She told me they are currently adding to AQ as well as adding 17 OV staterooms and some interior on 6. Since I have not sailed in M Class, I am clueless:confused:

Thanks for the help and could someone please stay in that room on the Constellation in the next 2 months so that I can get a definite answer about the window and any other changes they might have made:D

I will be on the Connie on the 5/20 Baltic cruise and staying in one of the new Oceanviews. If I remember, I'll try to post info when I get back.

• 1 year later...
Hi,

It is good to read the positive comments about the new staterooms, 3112-3144. I am booked in one of these staterooms (3132) on the Celebrity Constellation for a cruise next year. These staterooms have not yet been added to the Constellation, but they are being added before my cruise in December 2013. This stateroom will be fairly new for my cruise. I am looking forward to the great location and the large window.

Chuck

I know your post is from a while back, but I have booked 3132 and read somewhere that it is noisy with a constant vibration. How did you like the cabin?

Thanks!