The Prestige Select Beverage Package

JimandStan

We are sailing next month on Regatta. Could I ask, how would we have drinks in our room - would I have to send my man to the bar and carry the glasses back to our room?

You're in a Penthouse Suite, right? Have the Butler take care of it.

I thought drinks in your room were only delivered with a meal? Is this not the case? Poor butler would get a workout from me :)

That is not the case :).

The butler will fetch drinks if that is what you want, but most people carry the hard stuff on with them and then have the butler bring in mixers and glasses in order to prepare cocktails on site.

FYI, if you buy the Prestige Beverage Package, cocktails via Room Service are included, 24X7 (although that would involve the Butler as well).

Yes, because the bar schedules don't change.

Curious about the charges for the Beverage Packages. Seems most cruise lines charge things by the nite. That is, cruises have 1 more day than nite and a seven nite cruise is called 8 days with the first and last days, only partial days of less than 1/2 day each. These days also overlap the previous and next cruise. Would think that since the bar isn't open on disembarkation day, Oceania would charge based on the number on nites that the package is in effect.

So, on a 10 nite, 11 day cruise, would one pay for 11 or 10 times the liquor charges if one took the package for the full cruise. Expect the answer to be 10 but, previous comments seem to indicate it would be 11. And if 11, Oceania is double dipping on the extra day adding extra profits since the 11th day is the same as the 1st day of the next cruise.

Thanks,

Dave

Curious about the charges for the Beverage Packages. Seems most cruise lines charge things by the nite. That is, cruises have 1 more day than nite and a seven nite cruise is called 8 days with the first and last days, only partial days of less than 1/2 day each. These days also overlap the previous and next cruise. Would think that since the bar isn't open on disembarkation day, Oceania would charge based on the number on nites that the package is in effect.

So, on a 10 nite, 11 day cruise, would one pay for 11 or 10 times the liquor charges if one took the package for the full cruise. Expect the answer to be 10 but, previous comments seem to indicate it would be 11. And if 11, Oceania is double dipping on the extra day adding extra profits since the 11th day is the same as the 1st day of the next cruise.

Thanks,

Dave

I don't think that you read my post correctly, as we are in agreement.

The last morning is usually not counted, so on an 11 day cruise, you would play for 10 nights, UNLESS you are also booked on the next cruise (i.e. a "B2B") in which case the last day of cruise One is ALSO the first day of Cruise Two.

Are Manhattan's included?

Sure......as are Brandy Alexanders, Stingers, Rob Roys, Mai Tais, Sidecars, Old Fashioned's, Gimlets, Creme de Menthe Frappes and just about anything else you could mention.

In fact, I don't think I could name a cocktail that wasn't included. :D

old-fashioned-sl-l.jpgBrandy%20Alexander.jpgbulleit-manhattan-xl.jpgholiday_hopper.jpg

That is not the case :).

The butler will fetch drinks if that is what you want, but most people carry the hard stuff on with them and then have the butler bring in mixers and glasses in order to prepare cocktails on site.

FYI, if you buy the Prestige Beverage Package, cocktails via Room Service are included, 24X7 (although that would involve the Butler as well).

Thanks JimandStan - I'd hate to be annoying the butler with my drinks order!! I'm sure we will take some wine on board for a little tipple in our room (or dark rum, love that with Coke).

It's all getting real now that I can say "next month" - quite excited!! We have no regrets about paying the extra and going for a Penthouse suite, thanks to all of your great advice.

Lynda

It sounds like the Prestige Select Beverage Package is what is included on an all inclusive Regent cruise. We discovered Calvados on Regent. Part of a drink package is experimenting and finding something new that you might drink in the future. ;)

I've only ever cooked with Calvados......do you drink it as an aperitif, a cordial or a digestif?

02POUR_SPAN-articleLarge.jpg

Or perhaps.....if it was warmed gently....... it would be a wonderful deck chair drink! :rolleyes:

We enjoy a calvados after dinner now and again but have never seen it on an Oceania menu. Each time we've been on a voyage that stopped in Normandy or Brittany, we've gone into shops and purchased bottles to bring on board. [There is no better calvados than what you can find in Normandy.] We paid the corkage and the maitre'd kept it for us in the GDR for after-dinner drinks.

I did not know that O keeps a couple of bottles of calvados on reserve which has to be requested. I'll give that a try next month.

I've only ever cooked with Calvados......do you drink it as an aperitif, a cordial or a digestif?

02POUR_SPAN-articleLarge.jpg

Or perhaps.....if it was warmed gently....... it would be a wonderful deck chair drink! :rolleyes:

Stan and Jim, I love your photos. Calvados is like Cognac. The price range is quite wide. The inexpensive bottles are good for cooking. The higher end are wonderful for drinking. Try a good one and you may never go back to cognac.

Stan and Jim, I love your photos. Calvados is like Cognac. The price range is quite wide. The inexpensive bottles are good for cooking. The higher end are wonderful for drinking. Try a good one and you may never go back to cognac.

Tried it for the first time on a trip to France when we went to a place where it is made. Wholeheartly agree with your comment. I'm not a cognac person, but for some reason I really liked the Calvados. Wonderful on a cold winter night - or even when it's not cold!

Archived