Tell me about the $25 Laundry Bag

Be careful what you put in there. In fine print, it says they reserve the right to charge you regular laundry and pressing pricing for any items other than undies, socks, shorts, t shirt, pajamas etc.

Recently back from the Hawaii - Vancouver cruise and it was delivered to us on day 3. From what I read, we needed to use it then which we didn't need wash done at that time. If we could have waited till about day 6 or 7 I may have tried it. I need to know for the future!

While on a Celebrity cruise last year ( our first Elite one) the Loyalty Ambassador called to remind us on the last day their laundry bag deal was good for and encouraged us to use it. She also asked about other coupons we hadn't taken advantage of.....( kinda like "big sister" checking on us)

You don't have to use the Wash & Fold Bag on any particular day. If you are on a 7 day cruise and want to wait until day 4 that's fine. I wouldn't wait until day 5 because you need it back in time to pack.:D

Any idea what day it is on a 9 night cruise?

It's not any particular day. If the bag isn't in the cabin when you get there just ask your cabin steward. We were on the Radiance for 34 days in Australia/NZ and we sent stuff out several times. Both in the $25 bag for undies and socks (which actually only cost us $15) and also regular laundry (jeans, etc.) that is charged by the piece. Jeans and tees came back ironed and on hangers - I have informed our jeans, etc. that they're NOT getting that kind of treatment at home. :D

Be careful what you put in there. In fine print, it says they reserve the right to charge you regular laundry and pressing pricing for any items other than undies, socks, shorts, t shirt, pajamas etc.

Every time I read the ad for the $25 bag, I wonder if anybody has been charged regular price for "other" items not on the list. I put on a sport shirt last time and was not charged extra. has anybody here been charged extra? or know a reliable source charged extra?

We used it on one of our cruises and the clothes were laundried and folded as we expected.

But, we should have had them press the clothes too, even if we had to extra. Some of our clothes came back with so many wrinkles that we could not do anything about them until we got home and had to rewash them.

These are clothes that we normally wash at home and never came out of our dryers with wrinkles. But for some reason they came out bad this time. Maybe there dryers settings are set too high. I don't know and I don't care because it was taken care of are home.

Would I use that special again? Yes, I would. I guess it is just something that happens from time to time and it was our time.

We did a 14 night on the Jewel last fall and there were 2 wash and fold special nights. We always use it. In addition to underwear, pj's, t-shirts etc., I put in shorts and polo shirts. They have always come out fine. We only take one 24" suitcase each for every cruise no matter how long.

Thanks! I accept the challenge. :o So far we have done 24" and I was hoping to continue the tradition. We are doing the Jewel repositioning too.

I have a favourite pair of PJs that went in the bag one cruise.... they still have the room number indelibly written on the size label (not by me).... wonder how that works on subsequent cruises..... ;)

From experience :D They somehow remove the old label and just replace it with a new tag.

###

Any idea what day it is on a 9 night cruise?

The bag usually comes mid cruise.

It's not any particular day. If the bag isn't in the cabin when you get there just ask your cabin steward. We were on the Radiance for 34 days in Australia/NZ and we sent stuff out several times. Both in the $25 bag for undies and socks (which actually only cost us $15) and also regular laundry (jeans, etc.) that is charged by the piece. Jeans and tees came back ironed and on hangers - I have informed our jeans, etc. that they're NOT getting that kind of treatment at home. :D

The bag for the wash and fold laundry special for $25 should be used on wash and fold days. Other laundry can be sent out any day but if you want the special pricing that is in effect on the wash and fold days than you should do it on the day the ship advertises it. If using your C&A coupon for the wash and fold laundry promotion then it can ONLY be used on the day of the ship's Wash and Fold laundry promotion as clearly stated on the coupon.

One thing to keep in mind when sending things out for regular laundry and pressing is that they iron EVERYTHING and make pleats. Your jeans and other slacks will come back with a crease down the middle unless you make notes to please not put the crease like this on your jeans and such. Nothing says old school like the crease down the middle of your jeans. lol

We hadn't gotten a wash and fold bag in our room on the Freedom. I asked our cabin steward for a bag and then sent our laundry out on day five with our free coupon. Not sure if we just hit it lucky for the wash and fold day, or if it was that it could be used any day. Had our laundry back the next day.

I no longer send out things that might shrink. I know you gain weight on a cruise, but one laundry bag ended with both hubby and I growing and gaining inches. We now only send out socks, undies, T shirts etc.

We have had great results with the dry cleaning and the pressing options.

The bag for the wash and fold laundry special for $25 should be used on wash and fold days. Other laundry can be sent out any day but if you want the special pricing that is in effect on the wash and fold days than you should do it on the day the ship advertises it. If using your C&A coupon for the wash and fold laundry promotion then it can ONLY be used on the day of the ship's Wash and Fold laundry promotion as clearly stated on the coupon.

This is not entirely true. On a 7 day cruise I might agree with you, though on our recent 3 consecutive cruises on Radiance I used the bag the following day. On longer cruises, you can use the Wash & Fold Service with Coupon when you feel it is necessary. Since we do longer cruises, we have never had a problem using the Service on the day we want to.

That's a really good question. I've only ever had one bag delivered (2 people in the room) and it never occurred to me to ask for a 2nd bag.....

You can send out as many bags as you wish to pay for. :)

Correct, long pants are an extra charge.

Correct, long pants are an extra charge.

Did you actually put long pants in the $25 bag and end up an extra charge? Did they press the pants as well? Just curious what others sucessfully or unsuccessfully put in the bag for $25 (or less with coupon)

I have a favourite pair of PJs that went in the bag one cruise.... they still have the room number indelibly written on the size label (not by me).... wonder how that works on subsequent cruises..... ;)

A: On my shorts, they crossed out the previous cabin number and wrote the new cabin number on the back of the tag. I don't know what they'll do next time.

Some of you had asked the question about it being the same detergent as the sheets/towels...

I am not sure if they do use the same detergent to be honest. I think the clothes go to a different area than the sheets/ towels cause those go to the big commercial area and these items go to the guest laundry/dry cleaning area. ( If you have watched the special on TV about the Oasis, you know I am referencing HUGE machines, not commerical washing machines like at the corner washeteria when you want to wash your comforter. )

The detergent odor was definitely a stronger smell on the clothes than on the sheets/towels. It is strange how they both broke out... the whelps on the arms would stop at the edge of the t-shirt sleeve and on their legs at the bottom of the shorts. The nurse in the Medical Infirmary said some people are allergic to the clothing laundry detergent they use. She said to give them some benadryl and she had some cortisone cream for the whelps.

Some of you had asked the question about it being the same detergent as the sheets/towels...

I am not sure if they do use the same detergent to be honest. I think the clothes go to a different area than the sheets/ towels cause those go to the big commercial area and these items go to the guest laundry/dry cleaning area. ( If you have watched the special on TV about the Oasis, you know I am referencing HUGE machines, not commerical washing machines like at the corner washeteria when you want to wash your comforter. )

The detergent odor was definitely a stronger smell on the clothes than on the sheets/towels. It is strange how they both broke out... the whelps on the arms would stop at the edge of the t-shirt sleeve and on their legs at the bottom of the shorts. The nurse in the Medical Infirmary said some people are allergic to the clothing laundry detergent they use. She said to give them some benadryl and she had some cortisone cream for the whelps.

Couldn't agree more. Though we are pleased with the laundry service on board, once home, all clothes get rewashed with the detergent that I use all the time. There is just something about shipboard soap smell on clothes that is not appealing.

Used the bag last time and our clothes were returned folded....and wet. All had to be hung up around the room overnite to dry. Might as well have washed them in the sink myself, which is what I do next time if I need anything.

I need to echo these words of warning. We didnt read the fine print - and wound up incurring pressing charges for our jeans, polo shirts and other items that werent listed on the laundry form.

Used the bag last time and our clothes were returned folded....and wet. All had to be hung up around the room overnite to dry. Might as well have washed them in the sink myself, which is what I do next time if I need anything.

Not sure why this happened to you. It is certainly not the norm and if it had happened to me, I would have sent the clothes back out to have the situation corrected. I seriously doubt that if there is a next time you would encounter the same problem. If this was a frequent occurrence, we would have read of far more instances of this happening.

Cabin number written on the tag? What about tagless shirts, which we have more of than shirts with tags? I'm sure someone here has had tagless t-shirts put through the ship's laundry ... did they write the cabin number in permanent ink somewhere on the garment? Was this a problem for you?

• 2 weeks later...
This is not entirely true. On a 7 day cruise I might agree with you, though on our recent 3 consecutive cruises on Radiance I used the bag the following day. On longer cruises, you can use the Wash & Fold Service with Coupon when you feel it is necessary. Since we do longer cruises, we have never had a problem using the Service on the day we want to.

I've been away but now that I am back I thought I would respond to this. You are advising people that they can use the coupon on any day they see fit to do so. However that is not what Royal says. While you may have been able to use it on other days that is not how Royal has set it out to be used. The coupon is to be used on "Wash and Fold Day" as per Royal. It is possible that they accept it on other days but they may also refuse you to do so and stick to the rules of the coupon. Just thought others should know that they many only be able to use the coupon on the one day that is Wash and Fold day. Attached is a copy of the Wash and Fold day notice.

WashDay.jpg.1cd956ba0593820c5679d21c9f8e008d.jpg

I am sorry to go a little of topic, but I have never cruised with RC before, just Carnival.

Are there no laundry rooms to do your own laundry? I did a B2B on Carnival and did a load of laundry on the day we docked and reloaded.

I am doing a B2B on Raidance of the Seas (Vancouver to Alaska and back) and was hoping to do a load of laundry myself.

Archived