Which 4K French door cabins on Spirit for best view?

Yes, those 2 cabins are Handicapped accessible cabins. I have stayed in 4203 as my mom is confined to a wheelchair and unable to walk. These two cabins do not have the French doors, just a regular sized window. The view is 75% obstructed. If you crook your neck just the right way you can see a little piece of water.

Yes, those 2 cabins are Handicapped accessible cabins. I have stayed in 4203 as my mom is confined to a wheelchair and unable to walk. These two cabins do not have the French doors, just a regular sized window. The view is 75% obstructed. If you crook your neck just the right way you can see a little piece of water.

The best 4K cabins are the ones in between the life boats. Look at the deck plans as they are correct. However, they are not handicapped accessible.

Which 4K French door cabins on Carnival Spirit have the best views? Are some less obstructed than others?

If you are not needing a disabled cabin, then there are some cabins that have a view between lifeboats. If you pull up a deck plan, you can detect a pattern. Some of the ones between lifeboats are 4132, 4133, 4140, 4141, 4148, 4149. I believe that this cluster of 4Ks are a better option than the cluster further back. The cabins right next to any of these will not have much of any view. We were thinking it might, so we picked 4130, but nothing but a lifeboat and a big beam. But we still got fresh air and sunlight and a bigger room than an inside.

Edited by k2excursion

Some of my friends had the "obstructed" and they were very obstructed

The French doors do not open and you don't have a balcony

If you are going to Alaska, you may not enjoy the long hours of daylight,

it is light early and late

Also we had 2 guys in a cabin that was "guaranteed balcony" and it too was somewhat obstructed

I didn't love the "spirit" class as much as so many others do but Spirt is a very nice ship, very pretty and classy. Just not sure that the "french doors" are so great compared to all the hoopla about them

JMO

Some of my friends had the "obstructed" and they were very obstructed

The French doors do not open and you don't have a balcony

If you are going to Alaska, you may not enjoy the long hours of daylight,

it is light early and late

Also we had 2 guys in a cabin that was "guaranteed balcony" and it too was somewhat obstructed

I didn't love the "spirit" class as much as so many others do but Spirt is a very nice ship, very pretty and classy. Just not sure that the "french doors" are so great compared to all the hoopla about them

JMO

I beg to differ...the French doors we had in cabin 4107 DID open. In fact, we had them open quite a lot during our 15-day cruise to Hawaii! The view, however, wasn't great unless you enjoy looking at a lifeboat.But we did get fresh air and daylight into the cabin.

:cool:Bill

This is a cruise to the South Pacific not Alaska and if we book I will be sneaking it in among other cruisers so if we go it will have to be in an inside cabin anyway. One of these sound better than an inside. Thanks for the help. :)

I had cabin 4115 on a recent cruise to Hawaii on Spirit, and we kept our door open almost every night. We had a perfect view BETWEEN life boats. It was a great room to have!!!!

I beg to differ...the French doors we had in cabin 4107 DID open. In fact, we had them open quite a lot during our 15-day cruise to Hawaii! The view, however, wasn't great unless you enjoy looking at a lifeboat.But we did get fresh air and daylight into the cabin.

:cool:Bill

No "beg to differ"...maybe some of them open but some are totally obstructed and unable to open them. Then again we were in Alaska

I personally found it weird to see those big orange lifeboats so close, JMO

I have btw sailed in insides, outsides, portholes, bunk cabins, balconies,

and "extended balcony" but never a suite. Have friends who had suites

I found the big lifeboats weird...just MY opinion

• 2 weeks later...
No "beg to differ"...maybe some of them open but some are totally obstructed and unable to open them. Then again we were in Alaska

Do you remember the cabin number? I am looking at these rooms and want the doors to open.

I posted the lousy view from a "guaranteed" balcony on Spirit

my friends had paid the extra for a "guarantee"...and it had a view of a lifeboat and some orange towel junk hanging down...very unhappy

I also thought the "french doors" were freaky, big lifeboats outside

and all the light in Alaska

I had a real balcony but didn't sit out much but honestly in Alaska I would get a real balcony or else just get inside, close the drapes, it is light for hours light late at night light early in the am

We had 4148 on the Legend and you have a decent view between 2 lifeboats. The doors open and there is a railing which prevents you from stepping out. Keep in mind though that the walkway out there is frequently used by maintenance so make sure that you keep your curtains closed when dressings, etc. We had friends make the mistake of leaving the curtains open. :eek:

Here is a picture of one of the sunsets.

[/url]6773204052_8c864a5f8e.jpg

I had cabin 4115 on a recent cruise to Hawaii on Spirit, and we kept our door open almost every night. We had a perfect view BETWEEN life boats. It was a great room to have!!!!

I had this one too. Totally loved it. The view was sufficient for me. I think 4114 on the opposite side is the same.

DSCF0054.jpg.d4e340c56f5089f4060bd937053b3d09.jpg

DSCF0120.jpg.6357b4233f199f891747777546c1a3d9.jpg

IMG_1654.jpg.f29e3d7755b71df100cfe55a772cb21e.jpg

IMG_1857.jpg.3fd17dfcab4a8068bf10b385a22b16d3.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hello. When you were in cabin 4203, do you remember if it had a sofa? Thanks!

Here is the deck plan of the Miracle, a sister to the Spirit.

http://www.carnival.com/cruise-ships/carnival-Miracle.aspx#deckplans

Clicking on a cabin brings up all the particulars--

ie--

Cabin 4205

Picture Window with obstructed views

Modified Handicapped

Cabin 4195

French doors with obstructed views

Basically the Picture Window 4Ks are in the 4200s, there are very few of these.

Check on the Spirit deck plan for her specific plans.

Be aware that Carnival has MODIFIED and FULLY HC cabins. A modified cabin would not be good for a full time wheel chair user.

The Disabled Cruisers board has lots of info.

ETA-- Here is the Carnival Spirit accessibility deck plans

http://www.carnival.com/legal/~/media/CCLUS/Images/pdf/carnival-spirit-accessible-cruising-deck-plan-pdf.ashx

Edited by SadieN