Specialty restaurant reservations

I get to make dinner reservations tonight for my upcoming cruise on Voyager. Can someone tell me how the process works? Do you request a date and time and, if not available, do they give you alternate choices? Or do you just keep entering dates and times until something clicks.

I get to make dinner reservations tonight for my upcoming cruise on Voyager. Can someone tell me how the process works? Do you request a date and time and, if not available, do they give you alternate choices? Or do you just keep entering dates and times until something clicks.

As I remember things, you request a nite and it will show you all of the available times. Have always gotten a time on my chosen nite so haven't gone further but, assume if nothing there works for you, choose another nite and pick from those times, etc.

If tomorrow is your time to book, you shouldn't have any issues at midnight CENTRAL TIME.

If you book early you will no doubt get the day and time you wish. You will also be able to book a table for two or add another couple or two to the reservation. However, in order to add passengers, you do need their reservation number.

There is a high likelihood that the 2nd night on board will be the Captain's Reception when there is a special menu in Compass Rose. We avoid making reservations in speciality restaurants on that night (the night will be different if the ship is overnighting in the first port).

I would be really interested to know how you can secure additional reservations at the specialty restaurants beyond the two that one can book online however many days in advance. We had limited success last time on the Voyager. Granted we were then Regent novices but next time we won't be.

I would be really interested to know how you can secure additional reservations at the specialty restaurants beyond the two that one can book online however many days in advance.

Ann, On a seven night cruise, you can only be assured one dinner in each restaurant. Some nights you can check with the maître d' early to see if a table is available.

Hi Ann, nice to see you posting again on the Regent board. Which Regent cruise are Al and you considering...how about Mumbai to Bali this December? :)

Wish we could, Wes, but our plans this fall are pretty much etched in stone. We're looking at next fall Barcelona to Rio. We have another cruise booked but aren't enthralled with it.

Additional specialty restaurant reservations pretty much depend upon the length of the cruise. Regent wants to make sure that everyone that wants to dine in P-7 and Signatures had the opportunity to do so. So, on shorter itineraries, there are limited opportunities for 2nd reservations. However, on longer itineraries is fairly easy to get that second reservation. As mentioned above -- just check with the maître d' or ask your butler to do so.

You can almost always get a reservation for the first night... Just stop by Prime 7 on embarkation :)

Thanks Nana. I think you had an aft Seven Seas Suite and that's what we're looking at. It sounded from other threads that you enjoyed it. We had an aft 77suite on the Voyager and liked it. We may be strange, but we like being the last to leave a port.

Thanks Nana. I think you had an aft Seven Seas Suite and that's what we're looking at. It sounded from other threads that you enjoyed it. We had an aft 77suite on the Voyager and liked it. We may be strange, but we like being the last to leave a port.

O Ann.... We loved this suite and felt really lucky to have had this opportunity!!! Spoiled, it was a wonderful experiance.... And our Butler Ram was wonderful..

Enjoy Mariner she is a beautiful ship.

Slightly O/T, but on our recent Voyager lunch tour, we were told that reservations in specialty restaurants can be made within 90 days of departure, but on the website, our booking shows a time period of within 76 days. Could this be because we have booked a gty?

Slightly O/T, but on our recent Voyager lunch tour, we were told that reservations in specialty restaurants can be made within 90 days of departure, but on the website, our booking shows a time period of within 76 days. Could this be because we have booked a gty?

Unfortunately, Regent put a policy in place this year that passengers who are new to Regent (or have less than 21 onboard) AND are not "concierge level" (category "E" or above) have to wait until everyone else makes their dining and excursion reservations.:mad:

Unfortunately, Regent put a policy in place this year that passengers who are new to Regent (or have less than 21 onboard) AND are not "concierge level" (category "E" or above) have to wait until everyone else makes their dining and excursion reservations.:mad:

That seems fair.

I've always found it easy enough to get as many seatings as I wanted, as opposed to reservations, in the specialty venues, by following this simple procedure:

1) Be on your way to dine in the Compass Rose, and ready to be happy if that is where you in fact end up! (never been dissatisfied there)

2) Poke your nose in at either P7 or Siggies on your way . . . .

3) Ask the Maître if they can seat you!

... Surprisingly often, they can!!!!

I've always found it easy enough to get as many seatings as I wanted, as opposed to reservations, in the specialty venues, by following this simple procedure:

1) Be on your way to dine in the Compass Rose, and ready to be happy if that is where you in fact end up! (never been dissatisfied there)

Perfectly said.....and it works most Of the time :)

Surprisingly they CAN'T! We tried on our 11? day cruise almost every night an no go.:(

Sometimes, it's easier to get a larger table than it is to get one for two. If you gather a few of your shipmates together, or are prepared to go with the flow, then that can reap rewards ;-)

• 2 months later...

Even tho we are 49er lovers will give Eagleslover a specialty reservation tip. WE generally get our Prime7, and Sig rsvns for the first two seadays. However, during our last three Voyager cruises we scored a reservation on embarkation day by going to Compass Rose immediately after security check in (getting our suite keys) and asking the Maitre'D if there is a table available that night. Three times in a row we got into P7 the first night, and this "drive by" reservation does not affect the reservations you recently made online. Also, many veteran Voyager cruisers who would like an additional specialty restaurant reservation reported her they had success by seeing the P7 or Signature M'D about 6pm and asking to be put on a wait list. Often they snag another reservation this way. Go 49ers! And sincere wishes for a terrific cruise!

Archived