Cabana Rental at Labadee

workingmom200112

Could this person be Pinnacle??

I was under the assumption that suite and pinnacle had first dibs when rentals open with the concierge then were offered to others.

I was able to rent one the day of. We were non-suite, gold members. If there's available cabanas, it's first-come, first served

There is a trick to booking the cabanas on line. When you place your order, only book it for you, don't try to add your SO or family, just you to purchase it. It will deny you. You can add others to the cabana later.

My SIL got lucky on Saturday. Because her and her husband got an email from RCL stating that the Cabanas were open for booking. She immediately got online and booked one. We are now @ 16 days to the cruise. We were told the same thing at RCL that we had to book on the ship. She was just lucky because after she booked the cabana it went to inquire onboard. We are sharing it so we are really excited about it:D. The only ones available now are the ones not over the water.

How did they get an email from RCI? Did they ask for one? Was it a mass mailing or did they have a special request in? I'd sure like to be able to book one when I go in February.

we were able to book one for our Sept. 2 cruise. we found the trick is to only use one person. the website will come up and ask if you want to book for everyone, if you want to link others to it, but only click on one name to book. if you read the description, you might realize it, it took my friend and I getting frustrated that it seemed like it was available, but it wouldn't let us book. good luck! I'm looking forward to ours!

I was considering renting a cabana on our cruise in December to thank my parents for paying for the trip. We would be 8, including a 6 and 3 year old. I would book it anyway but my sisters kids would have a tantrum if they couldn't go with grandma and papa.

Also, there will be 2 ships in Labadee when we are there (we get in 2 hours before the other ship). Does that mean it is close to impossible for non-suite guests to get a cabana due to there being twice as many suite guests? The 2 ships that will be there are EOS (which we are on) and IOS.

Not sure how this would work for Nellies beach if your not looking to rent a cabana on Barefoot. From reading looks like others are saying to just book thru excursions. Also, don't know how strict they are with occupancy on Nellies, Barefoot Beach they were pretty strict to only 6 and we had a 3 yr old and 5 yr old in the count. Hope you get what you want

A fellow roll call member, non-suite, was able to rent one (Barefoot Beach)by contacting the concierge via email a couple of weeks prior to sailing.

Had to have been D+ as Barefoot is D+ or suite only. We just came off Oasis a couple of weeks ago and were suite guests and were able to rent one a few days prior to sailing directly through the concierge who confimed Barefoot is only for suites and D+. The hill path connects to Nellies and there are adjacent cabanas there - perhaps that was the location they were referring to.

Had to have been D+ as Barefoot is D+ or suite only. We just came off Oasis a couple of weeks ago and were suite guests and were able to rent one a few days prior to sailing directly through the concierge who confimed Barefoot is only for suites and D+. The hill path connects to Nellies and there are adjacent cabanas there - perhaps that was the location they were referring to.

Do you know if JS's qualify? I already have one booked at Nellie's, but would prefer barefoot if I can get one.

How did they get an email from RCI? Did they ask for one? Was it a mass mailing or did they have a special request in? I'd sure like to be able to book one when I go in February.

When you booked a suite you ll get an email from the concerge some weeks before you start your cruise.

We had the Owner suite on the allure so we could book the Watercabana W1 with priority.

https://picasaweb.google.com/107289430901088544193/AllureOtS2011#

Do you know if JS's qualify?

To this area you only have access with gold card.

labadee%2520cabanas.jpg

P1000840.JPG

P1000838.JPG

P1070258.JPG

There are two options. A shore excursion to Nellie's beach has cabanas for $175 to $200 and you can book this with Royal on the web at any time once your registered. The second option is the cabanas at barefoot beach. Those can't be reserved until you get on the ship. They are around $200.

There are two options. A shore excursion to Nellie's beach has cabanas for $175 to $200 and you can book this with Royal on the web at any time once your registered. The second option is the cabanas at barefoot beach. Those can't be reserved until you get on the ship. They are around $200.

As stated with the previous post with a suite you recieve a letter from the concierge ahead of sailing offering you the available cabanas at Barefoot. But Barefoot is D+ and GS and higher presenting the gold card. We were on Oasis in a GS and had ours reserved prior to boarding ship. Any remaining ones not pre-reserved then open up on board. The over water ones are $200 and the hilltop (ours - pictured) are $175.

100_0045.jpg.169209e3ab5a28e9504a1109778e3217.jpg

Just a comment ----we loved cabana W3 and because we always get a GS cabin we get an e-mail from the Con. approx a week or two before the cruise asking us if we want to reserve one. We have been lucky enough to have had W3 twice and are going for a 3rd time this Oct. It is the best way to start off our cruise with a great day of R&R at the beach!!

$200 to rent a cabana. Talk about over the top totally overpriced absurd.

DON

donaldsc, the price is per cabana, not per person using the cabana. So if you had a party of 6, a $200 cabana is only $33.33pp. That's not a bad price for a "shore excursion". But if it were only two of you, then that's $100pp and that's absurd.

We will be a party of 6 and we are going to try and get one. From some of these threads, it seems I might have better luck at Powerball or Mega Millions, but we'll give it a try.

I almost had a heart attack when I first saw the price, but then I saw the info that only 1 in party needs to make the reservation.

Read a few of the reviews.. $200 seems to be well worth the expense going by comments from other cc's.

We felt that it was. My wife got it for my daughter's and my birthday. Compared to the cost of excursions it was very reasonable. We had a total of 9 in our group at Barefoot Beach and we all were able to rotate in and out to use it. Ours was #2 hilltop so they also set up 9 beach chairs by the water for us with float mats so we had the beach and a retreat from the sun when we wanted it. They also have staff that are very attentive to you while there. As I mentioned before, we loved it and will do it again - even if it is only a few of us together. Labadee is typically a beach day for us and we do not usually purchase and excursions (other than the zip line and parasailing on prior trips), so it really is worth the $ to us.

donaldsc, the price is per cabana, not per person using the cabana. So if you had a party of 6, a $200 cabana is only $33.33pp. That's not a bad price for a "shore excursion". But if it were only two of you, then that's $100pp and that's absurd.

We will be a party of 6 and we are going to try and get one. From some of these threads, it seems I might have better luck at Powerball or Mega Millions, but we'll give it a try.

I almost had a heart attack when I first saw the price, but then I saw the info that only 1 in party needs to make the reservation.

It IS kind of sticker-shocky when you first see it but yeah, we'll have 6 so (if we can get one) the $175 is even cheaper pp.

Just a comment ----we loved cabana W3
What did you like about W3 ??? Was it elevated, or on the beach closer to the water? Sun? Shade? Just curious. We are looking for full sun, and only need to get in the water every now & then for a quick cool down.

Also, we are in in a suite, but the couple we are cruising with are not. I am assuming that we can make the reservation and get four wristbands ....... is this correct?

Thanks!!

Brickergirl,

Thanks for the hint of renting the cabanas. I had tried for two days to get a reservation and kept being denied. I did it with just my name and I have a confirmed "Over the Water Cabana" for our day in Labadee. I am going to try to keep the secret from the three other people I am traveling with until we get there. They will be really surpirsed. Thanks again.

December 2011 we had an Over Water Cabana W1 at Labadee, if you are interested I want to share some pics with you.

Starting at Pic No 75 you see a map from Labadee with all the locations of the cabanas .

https://picasaweb.google.com/107289430901088544193/AllureOtS2011#

We payed 200 Dollar, the cabanas are not bad, but the beach in front in very bad condition, if you want to swimm you need definitly swim shoes to protect your feet.

Ok you have a butler who serves you some drinks, but no coffee,capuccino available.

I looked through all of your pictures.....they are great!!!! Looks like you guys had a great time...... Thank you for sharing all of your photos.

We are going to Labadee on DH's birthday this December and would love to celebrate with a cabana. We will not be in a suite. Here are my questions....

If I book a cabana on Nellies beach and happen to luck up to get one on Barefoot beach from the left over's of the suite guest (I actually did this on the Freedom), could I cancel the Nellies Beach one without penalty?

is the buffet on Nellies the same as on Barefoot Beach?

Archived