Ultimate Soda & More Card

CruiseNut24

Looking into purchasing the Ultimate Soda and More card for the cruise. Does anyone know what Princess charges for fountain sodas, virgin cocktails and milkshakes? We do not drink alcohol, so we do drink soda and such, virgin drink at the show and so on.

Just trying to price out the cost of if I buy things as I go, or would it be cheaper to by the package. Thanks for any and all responses.

Edited by CruiseNut24

Looking into purchasing the Ultimate Soda and More card for the cruise. Does anyone know what Princess charges for fountain sodas, virgin cocktails and milkshakes? We do not drink alcohol, so we do drink soda and such, virgin drink at the show and so on.

Just trying to price out the cost of if I buy things as I go, or would it be cheaper to by the package. Thanks for any and all responses.

I'm not sure of the pricing but you'd need to purchase three of any of the above per day for the card to pay for itself. Each drink is $2-$3.50, depending on the drink. I figured that I would have to get at least one mocktail a day if I were to buy the Ultimate card over just the soda card.

Be aware that the soda cards will get you fountain soda only rather than the cans. If you prefer cans you will still have to purchase them at about $2/can. I prefer cans as the fountain drinks seem flat to me.

i bought the ultimate card on my last cruise and it saved me lots of money. i am not a coffee drinker, so i drink lots of diet cokes. i drink them for breakfast and continue right through until after dinner. the mocktails are fabulous, especially the pina colada! their milkshakes are great too! trust me, princess did not make money on me with this card. i'm sorry but i don't know the prices of milkshakes or mocktails since i never had to ask the price. but it was worth it for me.

cheers

If my memory serves me, on the Coral in April the sodas were $1.95, the milk shakes were $3.50, and the Mocktails were $4. A 15% tip was added to that. The Ultimate Soda package was $7 per day, with the 15% tip added to that as well. My wife got one on our 15 day Panama Canal cruise, and felt it was worth the money. She would get a soda at lunch and dinner, a Mocktail or two at night in the shows and lounges, and an occasional milk shake.

I'm not sure of the pricing but you'd need to purchase three of any of the above per day for the card to pay for itself. Each drink is $2-$3.50, depending on the drink. I figured that I would have to get at least one mocktail a day if I were to buy the Ultimate card over just the soda card.

Those mocktails sound pretty cool. I don't drink soda but I am definitely leaning towards the Ultimate card after reading a recent thread about them. :):):)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1644719&highlight=mocktails

Edited by paddingtonbear

Those mocktails sound pretty cool. I don't drink soda but I am definitely leaning towards the Ultimate card after reading a recent thread about them. :):):)
The mocktails are good and they don't have to be the frou-frou drinks. I'm not much of a drinker and sometimes have a Virgin Mary. That's included as a mocktail.

Does the ultimate card include bottled water-not the fancy mineral water, just plain old bottled water. I have to watch my sodium and I drink bottled water onboard because I'm sensitive to the ship's desalinated water.

I'd be interested in this as well. I was recently on a cruise with Celebrity and they have a package that includes canned soda and bottles of water. It was great as I would go through 3L of water a day. Wishing Princess had something similar.

Does the ultimate card include bottled water-not the fancy mineral water, just plain old bottled water. I have to watch my sodium and I drink bottled water onboard because I'm sensitive to the ship's desalinated water.

No, it doesn't include bottled water.

Of course, you can always bring on your own water, which would be much more cost effective than buying it onboard (writes rdsqrl, who buys at least one 1.5L liter onboard a day! Do as I say, not as I do!).

I'd be interested in this as well. I was recently on a cruise with Celebrity and they have a package that includes canned soda and bottles of water. It was great as I would go through 3L of water a day. Wishing Princess had something similar.

No, none of the Princess packages include any bottled water.

This will be my first time cruising. Can someone clue me in on what is and is not included in the price we paid to go on the cruise and how do I find out about these other plans? Thanks in advance.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Included:

o Your cabin, twice daily cabin service, soap, shampoo, towels, etc.

o Food in the main dining rooms, buffet, International Cafe (if there is one), Pizza counter, burger counter, soft-serve ice cream counter, British Pub lunch, room service ($3 charge for Pizza delivery; charge for party platters, canapes)

o Coffee made from a syrup, juice at breakfast time, tap water, milk, lemonade (in the buffet after breakfast hours)

o All entertainment

o Most activities (a charge for some exercise classes, golf simulator (if it still exists), pottery supplies and similar arts and crafts)

o Children's club activities

o Lectures by guest lecturers and others

o Use of pools, deck lounges (except for sanctuary area)

o MUTS (Movies Under The Stars)

Not included:

o Alcohol beverages, soda, bottled water, juice other than at breakfast, chocolate milk (except for kids), fresh brewed coffee, specialty coffees, milkshakes

o Specialty restaurants (one Italian, one steak), ultimate balcony dinner or breakfast, Chef's Table experience

o Ultimate ship's tour

o Purchase of photos taken by ship's photo staff (no charge to have the pictures taken). DVD of the cruise.

o Gambling (from slot machines to bingo)

o Art purchased at an art auction (can watch the auction and get some "sparking wine" at no cost).

o Spa treatments, beauty shop services

o Tips (A daily gratuity of $11.50 or $12 depending on cabin type will be added to your cabin account daily. This covers your cabin attendent, restaurant wait staff, room service personnel, staff in the buffet, and some others. You can tip extra if you wish. It does not cover tips for purchased beverages (15% will be added automatically to any beverage purchase as a tip), services such as spa treatments, children's club personnel).

o Shore excursions

o Internet, cell phone calls, ship-to-shore calls on the cabin phones

o Purchases in the ship's botiques

o Visiting the ship's medical department

o Use of the sanctuary (an adults only section away from noise and with great ervice and thick cushions)

The best place to get more information is to go to the Princess web site and download the "Cruise Answer Book." It may answer questions you did not know you had.

You may also want to go to the Roll Call section of Cruise Critic and join the roll call for your cruise. You will meet people online who will be on your cruise and be able to answer many of your questions.

Edited by caribill

The mocktails are good and they don't have to be the frou-frou drinks. I'm not much of a drinker and sometimes have a Virgin Mary. That's included as a mocktail.

Im not a big drinker either Pam. What is in the Virgin Mary besides (Im guessing) tomato juice?

Karen

• 3 weeks later...
New to princess, so I wanted to check, I understand that Princess will let you bring 2 bottles of wine on board, but will they let you bring a case of soda?

thanks

Be careful about packing your wine as my poor mom had a bottle break in her luggage on our last cruise. She had it well padded in towels and bubble wrap but it got broken anyway. It was all over everything and she spent our first night on board doing laundry.

You may also bring a case of water if you like. Just slap a luggage tag on it and it will show up at your room with your luggage.

Be aware that the soda cards will get you fountain soda only rather than the cans. If you prefer cans you will still have to purchase them at about $2/can. I prefer cans as the fountain drinks seem flat to me.

It says on the Princess Website that you get a souvenir tumbler with the purchase of the Unlimited Soda package. But it also says drinks are served by the glass at bars and restaurants. Does this mean they wont fill up your tumbler with soda?

thanks

It says on the Princess Website that you get a souvenir tumbler with the purchase of the Unlimited Soda package. But it also says drinks are served by the glass at bars and restaurants. Does this mean they wont fill up your tumbler with soda?

thanks

The bar staff will do it either way. If you have the tumbler with you, they will fill that. Otherwise they will use a glass.