Steakhouse Confirmation question

lgh3154

I made reservations (or so I thought) for six for our Oct cruise on the Freedom for the Steakhouse. I have not received any type of confirmation from Carnival as of yet.

I thought per prior posts that I should have received a confirmation email within a couple of days. I made the reservations about 2 - 3 weeks ago.

Should I be expecting a confirmation from Carnival? Thanks!

I don't think it's very consistent...we did receive something about 10 days after making a reservation, but I know others here say they never receive anything. Does it show up on your onboard activities on your Carnival profile?

If you made the reservation through Carnival's website then you may never get a confirmation. My dad made reservations this way for our family for our upcoming cruise and never received one doing it this way. There is an email address to which you can reserve directly with the ship and it's much better. He did this and got confirmation within a couple hours. I don't have the email addy with me or I would post it in this reply, but you can do a search for Steak House on this site under Carnival Cruise Line and it will be in one of the posts. That is how I found it. Happy Sailing.

Found the address for Steak House: Magic is mcsteakhouse@carnival.com

I just looked at Carnival's web site about on-line reservations and it states "At this time, we do not send out confirmations prior to the cruise indicating that the dinner reservation has been confirmed. The guest will be notified once on board." I remember last year all I got back was an e-mail saying my request had been received, but no confirmation till I was on board.

bill

I received a confirmation in 16 hours for my Dream cruise on 11/03/2012.

hmm interesting..i've been trying to get a response for them. I reserved the Chef's Table thru John Heald's website. I didn't get a response so i emailed the ship directly(that was 2 weeks ago)-no response. I went to John's webpage and asked. He said i was confirmed but i have not received an email as of yet. I'm hoping we can get the Chef's Table. It's my husband's bday present from me.

I emailed drsteakhouse@carnival.com and no responses. I haven't made final payment yet. Would that matter?:rolleyes:

The only time I have ever gotten a response back was when they changed my reservation time by 30 minutes. All of the other times the reservation was intact and a note and or a phone call to the cabin was all I received.

I recently reserved the Steakhouse through the website for my cruise later this month and received an email confirmation from Carnival. I also went on John's Blog and requested the Chef's Table and received a confirmation email for that as well. I am going on the Liberty. Very excited!

This is the email I got from the Dream's Steakhouse:

Dear James,

Thank you for choosing The Steakhouse for your dining on the Carnival Dream.

Your reservation request for 2 Guests at 6.00pm on Nov 5 , 2012 is confirmed.

Should your plans change, please keep us advised at drsteakhouse@carnival.com

We look forward to serving you!

Brankica Georgievska

Steakhouse Manager, Carnival Dream

Carnival Cruise Lines

Maybe it depends on the ship you are going on and the crew in the Steakhouse on whether you get a reply?

I booked the steakhouse on the Pride for a sept cruise in November or so. I received a confirmation like march. Then I received an updated email indicating the change in price.

Don't despair. If you don't get one, you can always confirm on board.

Is a steakhouse reservation really necessary? Should I do one for my 7/12 cruise now? Will there be room if I ask on the first day?

I do not think the steakhouse will be full any night, especially when you get on first day and make reservation. Now, the Chef's Table is a different story.

It seems that the response depends on the ship. I received a confirmation on my steak house reservation on the breeze within 24 hours and a confirmation on my Chef's table reservation within 48 hours.

I made a reservation for the Spirit steakhouse online and never got any confirmation back. Once onboard the ship, I checked with the steakhouse. They had no reservation for me at all. I never worried about it though, because I figured the steakhouse would never be full on any one night.

when everyone is saying confirmation on Chef's Table are you referring to the generic message staying that have received your request? Or it specifically stating you are confirmed on the Chef's Table?

I got a confirmation a few days after I put in my request for the Chef's Table stating I had 2 seats reserved.

DIL booked Chef's table for her, my Son, and us, before we booked our cruise. A few days later we booked and paid in full, then requested Chef's table from JH's blog to ensure we were in. Got an email from the Steakhouse Manager next day asking if we were the same Glenn and Donna from DIL's reservation. We emailed back to confirm that we were the same Glenn and Donna she requested. Never heard anything else back from the Manager. We should be good...I hope!

I just received my steakhouse confirmation for the Miracle this afternoon and I sent a request through Carnival's site 2 weeks ago. When I went on the Dream this past January, I sent in a request for reservations several months earlier and within a day I had confirmation from the steakhouse. Just depends on the Steakhouse hostess/manager I think.

DIL booked Chef's table for her, my Son, and us, before we booked our cruise. A few days later we booked and paid in full, then requested Chef's table from JH's blog to ensure we were in. Got an email from the Steakhouse Manager next day asking if we were the same Glenn and Donna from DIL's reservation. We emailed back to confirm that we were the same Glenn and Donna she requested. Never heard anything else back from the Manager. We should be good...I hope!

so basically the Chef's Table do not send out confirmations but it sounds like the Steakhouse sends out confirmation emails.hmmm...well John said i was confirmed for Chef's Table. We shall see. I'll be disappointed if we :mad:don't but then c'est la vie:cool:.

when everyone is saying confirmation on Chef's Table are you referring to the generic message staying that have received your request? Or it specifically stating you are confirmed on the Chef's Table?

This is the text of the message I received.

Thank you for booking the Chef’s Table.

Your reservation request for 4 Guests is confirmed for voyage December 16th, 2012 (the date of the dinner will be confirmed on board).

Should your plans change, please keep us advised at mcsteakhouse@carnival.com

We look forward to serving you!

Your Steakhouse Manager,

Ela Telega

Carnival Magic

Archived