Best Mocktail??

HydroAngel831

My experience with the Mocktails and the UKP card was that when you have the card you get served the Mocktails in a plain glass and no fruit trimmings, whereas if you pay for them one by one you get a fancier glass and fruit dressing it up.

Also I found out - its no secret as the bartenders have the cartons right there in plain view - that they don't make them from scratch any more with fresh pineapple or whatever but use a sugary liquid mush which is bought in in a cardboard carton.

That mush and ice is your drink. One or two of them are better, there is one made with passionfruit which is better.

My experience with the Mocktails and the UKP card was that when you have the card you get served the Mocktails in a plain glass and no fruit trimmings, whereas if you pay for them one by one you get a fancier glass and fruit dressing it up.

Also I found out - its no secret as the bartenders have the cartons right there in plain view - that they don't make them from scratch any more with fresh pineapple or whatever but use a sugary liquid mush which is bought in in a cardboard carton.

That mush and ice is your drink. One or two of them are better, there is one made with passionfruit which is better.

I found all the mocktails excellent and I did get all the umbrellas and fruit adds I was pleased with every one but did like the strawberry daquiri one The card for me was a great buy except that I did drink more sugary drinks than I usually would as they were all 'paid for' and then I put on a bit more weight than usual.

Whether you are having a mocktail or a cocktail the bartenders all use a pre made mix

What's a mocktail ?? :D:eek::rolleyes:

Its a cocktail without the alcohol.

Some of the excellent Princess chilled soups are nearly like a mocktail, specially the PinaColada one.

I have to agree. The mocktails are nothing more than a glucose tolerance test. I would rather have a thick shake topped off with whipped cream or a scoope of ice cream from scoops or plain juice from the bar which are also included with the package.

Does anyone know the price difference of a mocktail versus a cocktail? I wouldn't drink them often enough to buy a card, since my drink of choice is water. Maybe one every couple of days might be nice though.

Does anyone know the price difference of a mocktail versus a cocktail? I wouldn't drink them often enough to buy a card, since my drink of choice is water. Maybe one every couple of days might be nice though.

Card was within a dollar or two of $56.00 The Nojito was refreshing it has grapefruit base and mint leaves with limes and lemons...refreshing. Looked just like real one. I had never got the Ultimate card before but found it nice to get a Coke or ginger ale and Mocktail during Bingo or a show and not worry about the tab at the end of cruise. Probably drank more then needed but just made one less thing to be concerned with, and don't forget the free smoothies and or milk shakes you can get also.

You dont cruise or vacation everyday Spoil yourself and get the card.

I didn't have one, but the person ahead of me ordered something called "cookies and cream" (I think it's a kid's mocktail). It looked good - like a chocolate soda... We found that if you ordered drinks from the pool bar, they were served in plastic tumblers with no garnish; elsewhere they came in the expected glass with umbrellas/fruit/etc. I didn't have many, but the few mixed drinks I ordered were all way too sweet, except for the mojito.

How much is the card for the ultimate drinks?

I think it has gone up and down depending on which ship I was on, you would think it would be the same across the fleet but I believe that is not the case.

I think the last one I bought was a couple of years ago 21 days on Grand Princess and it cost $169 including the 15% which was levied.

So that's about $7 a day plus the 15%

I do remember it distinctly as I received a full refund as I was so dis-satisfied.

Then I was on Ocean Princess last year and it was $4.95 a day.............. so where's the sense in that?

If ever you feel you are bothered too much by barwaiters on the larger ships asking you if you want a drink just buy one of these stickers, after the first day or two you may have trouble attracting their attention at all.

I think it has gone up and down depending on which ship I was on, you would think it would be the same across the fleet but I believe that is not the case.

I think the last one I bought was a couple of years ago 21 days on Grand Princess and it cost $169 including the 15% which was levied.

So that's about $7 a day plus the 15%

I do remember it distinctly as I received a full refund as I was so dis-satisfied.

Then I was on Ocean Princess last year and it was $4.95 a day.............. so where's the sense in that?

If ever you feel you are bothered too much by barwaiters on the larger ships asking you if you want a drink just buy one of these stickers, after the first day or two you may have trouble attracting their attention at all.

Are you sure the $4.95 wasn't for the soda only card? In 2009 I paid $9 and change a day for the UKP. Back then it included ice cream which at the time wasn't free at scoops.

I FOUND THE INFORMATION.....

Indulge yourself with this premium Unlimited Soda & more Package,† entitling you to the above Unlimited Soda Package plus any mocktails, juices, shakes, floats and complimentary hot chocolate throughout your cruise. Price includes service charge.

Item #2312 $8.05 per person/per day*

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE PRICE OF THE MOCKTAILS IF YOU BUY THEM SEPARATELY

Its a cocktail without the alcohol.

Some of the excellent Princess chilled soups are nearly like a mocktail, specially the PinaColada one.

Obviously, you didn't get that my comment was a joke. With 25 cruises behind us, I know what a mocktail is but just don't see the point.

Do you buy the card once you board or can you do it on princess website before your cruise. Would like to get the mocktail one for my sister. :)
They're real easy to purchase once onboard. All the bars sell it. Plus, they have display tables set up around the ship selling it as well. There isn't one that is just for mocktails. You need to get the package that includes sodas and milk shakes along with the mocktails.

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE PRICE OF THE MOCKTAILS IF YOU BUY THEM SEPARATELY

On the Coral Princess a few months ago, the mocktails were $3.95. Sodas were $1.95 and milk shakes were $3.50. A 15% gratuity is added to each purchase. The Ultimate Drink Package was $7 per day, plus the 15% tip. So, if you plan on drinking a lot of the above, the package is a good deal.

Obviously, you didn't get that my comment was a joke. With 25 cruises behind us, I know what a mocktail is but just don't see the point.

No I didn't know it was a joke, with rather more than 25 cruises I am constantly finding out things I don't know.

I do agree with you that as far as I am concerned the more booze in a drink the better, and a mocktail is good only for adding booze to, but some folk just don't drink alcohol for good reasons, and then there are always the kids to consider.

I live in UK for part of the year and their pub measures hardly wet the sides of a glass, and cost a fortune. I put 8 of the English measures in a rum and coke and am not a drunk, though I may become slightly amiable after a couple.

Archived