Summit cabin suggestions....help, please!

firstcruiserDB

Pretty experienced cruisers /First time cruisers on Celebrity......

We are looking for a change, and we need your help! The Celebrity Summit to Bermuda looks good to us, but we are having a tough time deciding which category of cabin would be best for us. Vacation planners at Celebrity haven't been exactly helpful in our choice of cabins! CC posters have always been SO helpful that I thought I'd ask here....

We love the Aft cabins best, but are also open to mid-ship. I think I can safely say we'd be interested in the Aqua cabins, a Sky Suite, or a Celebrity Suite.

If you could have your choice of cabin on the Summit (category and placement on ship), what would you choose??? Please include why....

Thanks to you all for your responses. We need all the help we can get. We'll be booking in the next day or so.

For my cruise I opted for the AquaClass cabins on deck 11. It's above the buffet, so no potential foot traffic noise overhead. They're also close to the buffet, since all I'd need to do make a quick left turn out of the cabin, walk a few steps, and go right down the stairs. :D

Also, an aquaintance of mine recently returned from her cruise and she had the same class and deck and she loved it. She was on the Infinity and she was surprised at how quiet it turned out to be.

We always pick Aqua Class as we love to eat in Blu. Our good friends and family just stayed in the AQ rooms up on 11 on the newly Solsticed Millennium and really liked those rooms. We usually airm for mid ship so we do not get seasick, but had rooms aft on our last two cruises in the Penthouse on Millennium and never had a motion issue. So, I would have to say Aqua Class on 11 would be our choice

1. rear facing aft. Honestly, the best cabin placement on any ship. The only time I had an issue with this was on HAL- Veendam- as their was a door to outside right beside this cabin and people just let it slam. That being said - I'd still grab it as fast as I could. Great views, no wind/little rain if that happens. Quick run up to the buffet.

2. Just off the Summit last month. Check the AQ placement to make sure cabins are above and below. We had an AQ (more below) and had the buffet above us and we did have noise. Dininbg in Blu was heaven if only for the one night they had blue cheese souffle! We were on deck 9.

3. Love CC - more for the double points than anything else. Get a deck with cabins above you and cabins below. Avoid 9174. Not for placement, it was a great location- for Francois the cabin steward. When we got to our cabin it was smoky and there were butts on the balcony.That's why we were put into an AQ after departure. He has had bad reviews previoulsy on this board so choose accordingly!

You'll love Celebrity and Bermuda was amazing. My husband wasn't all that thrilled but went since the family messed up Mother's Day for me and this was penance. Now he's set on doing that cruise again.

Edited by sportsmum

Aqua aft on Summit do get some noise, you will also have to watch for the effect of smokers - directly below these cabins is a designated smoking area. If you can tolerate both of those, these are nice rooms. A good compromise might be Deck 11 starboard away from the smokers side. As others say, Blu is great

For my cruise I opted for the AquaClass cabins on deck 11. It's above the buffet, so no potential foot traffic noise overhead. They're also close to the buffet, since all I'd need to do make a quick left turn out of the cabin, walk a few steps, and go right down the stairs. :D

Also, an aquaintance of mine recently returned from her cruise and she had the same class and deck and she loved it. She was on the Infinity and she was surprised at how quiet it turned out to be.

To the OP - I agree w/ Kevin. I would opt this way as well (non aft). In addition to what he mentions these deck 11 cabins are BRAND NEW (not refurbished). The AQ selection also gives you access to Blu which we are looking forward to. Other cabin categories you mention are dramatically more expensive generally speaking. We have done a Sky Suite 2x before and while the room is larger, the amenities and room size are probably not worth the price difference now that Aqua is an option (not to us anyway).

Edited by Sascol

We (group of 10) had the new AQ cabins aft deck 11 a few weeks ago...

Loved the aft location - we were right over the Sunset Bar -

Positive about that - a quick hop down the stairs for a drink, and to the buffet -- very convenient.

Negative - yes, you could hear the music late at night- never bothered us- but could to some who like it quiet. The rooms are pretty sound proof- so with the door closed - minimal noise..

Smoking never bothered us - did not drift up...

We had 1140 - the best cabin back there -huge balcony - the 2 on either side were 2nd best - 1138 & 1141 -- very large balconies also... 1130 & 1133 have the least amount of privacy from below -...

being used to Rccl -these cabins were much smaller than we are used to -but did love the location...

One other thing- does have the you can't get there from here factor-- If you wanted to go forward to deck 11 - you have to go down to deck 9 and across unless you want to either walk outside for a bit on 11 -or through the pool deck on deck 10... If you have a bad weather day, or want to keep a nice hair do-- not the best way to go...

Personally, I would choose a larger suite with a larger balcony. Just got off the Summit, Aqua class deck 11, and while it was new, very clean and our steward, Antonio, did a terrific job, the room is small and the balcony tiny. I'm sure the Aft Aquas with larger balconies are also great. Just my humble opinion.

Personally' date=' I would choose a larger suite with a larger balcony. Just got off the Summit, Aqua class deck 11, and while it was new, very clean and our steward, Antonio, did a terrific job, the room is small and the balcony tiny. I'm sure the Aft Aquas with larger balconies are also great. Just my humble opinion.[/quote']

Yes, the balconies were great, on the 3 in the middle- and the cabins are quite compact, and i think they did a very poor design in the storage dept.... so, if you book one of these- keep that in mind--- tiny drawers,, no desk drawer,, minimal shelf space.

Yes, the balconies were great, on the 3 in the middle- and the cabins are quite compact, and i think they did a very poor design in the storage dept.... so, if you book one of these- keep that in mind--- tiny drawers,, no desk drawer,, minimal shelf space.

Hate to disagree with a future fellow traveler ..but as a self acknowledged "rat packer" I took more stuff than I could ever use..not just clothing but camera and entertainment equipment, travel hammock, inflatable foot rests ( plus lots of wound care supplies as I was nursing a nasty dog bite at the time:eek:).

We came on board with two LARGE suitcases, a large rolling duffel bag and a carry-on roller board ( easy to do when no flights are involved) and I found a place for everything out of sight by the time I hosted a cabin crawl for a couple of fellow revelors during the sail away held just below at the Aft bar...just sayin...:rolleyes:

Sounds like the new deck 11 AQ cabins don't have as much storage room as the existing cabins (such as AQ on deck 9) then. Guess that's the trade off for the new bathroom.

There was the regular double door closet- and then there were about 7 stacked draws that were really thin- they should have done 3 or 4 deep draws instead..

three small open shelves in cabin - and there was 2 cabinets under the desk area - but no drawer there -

i brought an over the door hanger which worked great for socks/undies/flip flops etc-- .

however, having the 2 free laundry coupons (elite status) definately helped- so less packing/more laundry is way to go..

Hate to disagree with a future fellow traveler ..but as a self acknowledged "rat packer" I took more stuff than I could ever use..not just clothing but camera and entertainment equipment, travel hammock, inflatable foot rests ( plus lots of wound care supplies as I was nursing a nasty dog bite at the time:eek:).

We came on board with two LARGE suitcases, a large rolling duffel bag and a carry-on roller board ( easy to do when no flights are involved) and I found a place for everything out of sight by the time I hosted a cabin crawl for a couple of fellow revelors during the sail away held just below at the Aft bar...just sayin...:rolleyes:

its ok to disagree - :D

- my problem is i'm used to a jr suite on rccl -so this was a big change for us--- so for anyone who is used to this size cabin - would prob be ok--..

I would say the storage space was adequate (just) in the Aqua Deck 11 cabins, you really needed to think when you were unpacking how to make best use of the space. As regards noise and smokers, on our cruise the smoke did drift up a lot, noise was an issue up to and in one case well beyond midnight (that night we called down to Guest relations about 1230 and they did get it stopped). The party animals were the smokers and certainly several were cigar smokers which may explain why more pungent odours permeated to our balcony.

For us the noise was the greater of the two issues and I suspect it is one thing that one person will tell you there has been no problems and another have told you the following week it was a big problem - it all depends on the passengers on board

Pretty experienced cruisers /First time cruisers on Celebrity......

We are looking for a change, and we need your help! The Celebrity Summit to Bermuda looks good to us, but we are having a tough time deciding which category of cabin would be best for us. Vacation planners at Celebrity haven't been exactly helpful in our choice of cabins! CC posters have always been SO helpful that I thought I'd ask here....

We love the Aft cabins best, but are also open to mid-ship. I think I can safely say we'd be interested in the Aqua cabins, a Sky Suite, or a Celebrity Suite.

If you could have your choice of cabin on the Summit (category and placement on ship), what would you choose??? Please include why....

Thanks to you all for your responses. We need all the help we can get. We'll be booking in the next day or so.

I was on the summit (going again) and had a cabin on the deck below the pool. It was near the middle and we really weren't bothered by any noise. If you can, try to get a cabin that is positioned with cabins above as some people have complained about noise with the pool above. I highly recommend aqua class. You get many perks, including priority boarding and dining at Blu which is really nice. We have dined in Blu on the Solstice class ships previously. Dining in Blu is like having dinner in a fine restaurant every night, rather then at a wedding reception. I must say however, based on our last Summit cruise, the main dining room on had excellent service.

Ironically, we are again traveling on the Summit in a suite in August. We will not be assigned to Blu, but might pay additional to have dinner in Blu $5.00 pp. I believe if you are in a suite and their is availability no problem.

Edited by Cruise a holic

Sounds like the new deck 11 AQ cabins don't have as much storage room as the existing cabins (such as AQ on deck 9) then. Guess that's the trade off for the new bathroom.

I'd have sworn that the new AquaClass cabins on Deck 11 are identical to the Concierge Class cabins as they have always been designed/sized on Millennium Class ships... In fact, I was amazed at how closely they were replicated right down to the last detail...

I'd have sworn that the new AquaClass cabins on Deck 11 are identical to the Concierge Class cabins as they have always been designed/sized on Millennium Class ships... In fact, I was amazed at how closely they were replicated right down to the last detail...

While I agree that the drawer space is limited, on the Equinox and Solstice they had a large cabinet above the bed which was very useful for clothes and other items. Also, the bed was slightly higher, and suit cases and large items also could be tucked under it. If you can afford it- their is nothing like a suite!

I "assume" that the summit also has this above the bed cabinet.

Edited by Cruise a holic

While I agree that the drawer space is limited, on the Equinox and Solstice they had a large cabinet above the bed which was very useful for clothes and other items. Also, the bed was slightly higher, and suit cases and large items also could be tucked under it. If you can afford it- their is nothing like a suite!

I "assume" that the summit also has this above the bed cabinet.

nope- not in the new aqua aft cabins they didn't.

First of all welcome to Celebrity! It is our favorite line.

Summit is a "M" class ship. As such, the balconies and cabins on the Concierge Class are larger than the regular balconies. When we first sailed the Summit we were in Concierge Class and loved it for the additional perks and the extra cruise credit. Last year we upgraded to a Sky Suite 1 and fell in love with the extra room and the huge balcony (one or the largest Sky Suite balconies). We were in 6132.

015-2.jpg

013-2.jpg

011-2.jpg

010-1.jpg

Keep in mind the Summit has been refurbished since December so it will look different.

We seriously considered the Celebrity Suite now that they have a balcony. However, the balcony is just a wrap around one with no room to lounge or entertain, which we do frequently since we travel with a large group.

We have also had Aqua Class on the Eclipse, not the Summit. It was nice having Blu as your dining room, and that's the reason most people choose Aqua.

To answer your question, I'd go with a Sky Suite. Great midship placement by the elevators and stairs. Go for one on Deck 6 which is also midship and the butlers will also be the ones servicing the Penthouse Suite so they will be the best.

Here are the numbers for the cabins with larger balconies:

S1-6131,6132,6145,6146

C1-9201,9164,9162,9160,,8185,8176,8172,8170,7203,7212, 7208,7206,6135,6136,6143,6144

C2-9043,9038,8045,8046

2A-7049,7080,7163,7166,7171,7173,7175,7177,7174,7176, 7178,7180

2B-8161,8146,9173,9138

2C-6016,6018,6020,6021,6022,6023,6024,6025,6026,6027, 6029,6030,6031,6033,6035,6053,6048

Link for picture of aft cabins:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1111541

• 4 weeks later...
We (group of 10) had the new AQ cabins aft deck 11 a few weeks ago...

Loved the aft location - we were right over the Sunset Bar -

Positive about that - a quick hop down the stairs for a drink, and to the buffet -- very convenient.

Negative - yes, you could hear the music late at night- never bothered us- but could to some who like it quiet. The rooms are pretty sound proof- so with the door closed - minimal noise..

Smoking never bothered us - did not drift up...

We had 1140 - the best cabin back there -huge balcony - the 2 on either side were 2nd best - 1138 & 1141 -- very large balconies also...

Hi Sandy,

Thank you for this great information ... my family and I just booked 1140 and 1138 on the Summit for next summer (25th wedding anniversary!!!). We were told we can open the partitions of the balconies, but that partition for 1140 looks huge.

Did you and your friends open the partition and if so, how was it with cabin 1140?

Thank you for your help.

Bonnie

• 11 months later...
I was on the summit (going again) and had a cabin on the deck below the pool. It was near the middle and we really weren't bothered by any noise. If you can, try to get a cabin that is positioned with cabins above as some people have complained about noise with the pool above. I highly recommend aqua class. You get many perks, including priority boarding and dining at Blu which is really nice. We have dined in Blu on the Solstice class ships previously. Dining in Blu is like having dinner in a fine restaurant every night, rather then at a wedding reception. I must say however, based on our last Summit cruise, the main dining room on had excellent service.

Ironically, we are again traveling on the Summit in a suite in August. We will not be assigned to Blu, but might pay additional to have dinner in Blu $5.00 pp. I believe if you are in a suite and their is availability no problem.

Is there a charge for suites to dine in Blu??? I thought is was free, assuming there was availability.

Have been in a suite and dined in Blu without a charge on the summit on two previous sailings. Never turned away.

If you see my postings at the beginning of this thread from 2011, I thought we would be charged to dine in Blu, as suite guests, but never was. I have been in a celebrity suite and loved it! but now too expensive and another time a suite guarantee and got a handicapped suite. On our next cruise on the summit, also a suite guarantee, but this time got a sky suite cat 2-non handicapped.

Enjoy your cruise