Aft facing balcony v mini suite

crosj

For 14 days, I say mini. The day you go through the canal I'm going to guess you will be out and all over the ship looking at the canal from all angles. But for the rest of the time, having the extra room of the mini, with the curtin closing off the bed, and a slightly bigger balcony also, will just give you a more comfortable experience....again because of the length of the cruise. The PC cruise was our first mini and was well worth it I thought.

thats the logic I used-bigger room, bathroom, etc. 14 days. Does anyone know the

width of the mini suite balcony? I assume two chairs- how about a small table?

Thanks....

Star ship. Mini suite is $800 less then an aft facing room. What would you do? Cruise is for the Panama canal and is 14 days.

I would take the The Aft. balcony make sure on deck 10 9 much larger bal.

thats the logic I used-bigger room, bathroom, etc. 14 days. Does anyone know the

width of the mini suite balcony? I assume two chairs- how about a small table?

Thanks....

I'm not sure the mini balcony is any wider. It is slightly deeper...a little more strech out room while putting your feet up on the railing and having a cold one. Yes, two chairs and a small table. Plenty of room for them.

Word of warning, once you try aft facing balconies, you NEVER go back! That speaks for itself. :)

Not true. I love the aft and in this instance I too would book the mini to save $$ and to have more space during the longer cruise. ;)

Word of warning, once you try aft facing balconies, you NEVER go back! That speaks for itself. :)

Not true. We had an aft balcony (10230) in September on the Star for Pacific Northwest. While the balcony is larger, we felt the view very limited (especially in San Franciso) we couldn't see anything without standing and leaning out to look at the pier/city. Nanaimo, Vancouver, Victoria and Long Beach weren't much better.

And you do feel more movement at the stern. We had some pretty rough seas, and while we had glasses, bottles, anything that wasn't fastened down flying all over our cabin, others in mini-suites mid-ships DIDN'T.

We have decided to forego the larger balcony for a little more cabin space in a mini next time we cruise. Different reasons for different folks. Only you can decide.

If the only suite we can get is aft we might book it but otherwise, once aft and never more! The view was just as awful as we thought it would be!

It's good that people are different and prefer different things!

Not true. We had an aft balcony (10230) in September on the Star for Pacific Northwest. While the balcony is larger, we felt the view very limited (especially in San Franciso) we couldn't see anything without standing and leaning out to look at the pier/city. Nanaimo, Vancouver, Victoria and Long Beach weren't much better.

Agreed, very limited view!

Not true. We had an aft balcony (10230) in September on the Star for Pacific Northwest. While the balcony is larger, we felt the view very limited (especially in San Franciso) we couldn't see anything without standing and leaning out to look at the pier/city.

Sorry you disagree with my opinion, however, this aft issue has been debated on this forum numerous times and most folks agree with my assessment. I have been in cabin #10230 on the Dawn and the Gem and I am booked in #10230 on the Star. I am at a lost with the fact that you felt you had very limited view. We saw everything from dolphins, shooting stars, lightning in the distance, other ships and flying fish when we were at this location of the ship. Not to mention the beautiful scenary from the port. That being said, I guess that is why passengers can be on the same cruise and some love it and others hate it. I guess we just need to agree to disagree as that is what makes things interesting. :D

The aft balcony will have a chair that reclines and a chaise. The balcony is huge on deck 10 where I have been. We LOVE that aft view!

For me the extra two feet or so in length of the minisuite makes no difference, it is still only as wide as the regular balcony. The curtain is only a factor to close off the couch area if one wants to stay up late reading or something and the other occupant wants to sleep in the dark, or if someone is using the couch for sleeping. I would just take a book light or whatever. The window has curtains to keep out the light in the day just like the balcony rooms do.

The aft balcony will have a chair that reclines and a chaise. The balcony is huge on deck 10 where I have been. We LOVE that aft view!

For me the extra two feet or so in length of the minisuite makes no difference' date=' it is still only as wide as the regular balcony. The curtain is only a factor to close off the couch area if one wants to stay up late reading or something and the other occupant wants to sleep in the dark, or if someone is using the couch for sleeping. I would just take a book light or whatever. The window has curtains to keep out the light in the day just like the balcony rooms do. [/font']

Only the deck 10 balconies on this ship handle loungers. The deck 8 and 9 balconies are not deep at all and only have two chairs and a small table.

Archived