Anniversary date sailing

What do you think?

Our anniversary is in August and I would like to do a cruise, but I'm not excited about the options. I would love to do a TA, but they're not until later in the fall.

So my question is...do you do your celebrations on the exact date or celebrate on any date if you find a cruise you like?

Do the cruise lines just accept that you're celebrating or do they want a specific date and proof?

Thanks for your help.

Do the cruise lines just accept that you're celebrating or do they want a specific date and proof?

Honestly, quite a number of people onboard are celebrating something: anniversary, birthday, graduation, retirement, healing after illness, honeymoon, etc. You should check with each cruise line but it's my opinion and experience that nothing (or very little) is done to acknowledge your event. They simply can't give everyone a cake, balloons, flowers, whatever.

One time many years ago we got a small cake, but the days of generous giving have come to an end, pretty much... just saying...

Take your cruise when you want and celebrate together yourselves.

We celebrated our 50th anniversery in February even though we were married in January. Make sure your waiter knows your celebrating. They used to bring a cake but now they bring desert with a candle in it! You don't have to prove anything- you can celebrate before, on, or after the actual date!

What do you think?

Our anniversary is in August and I would like to do a cruise, but I'm not excited about the options. I would love to do a TA, but they're not until later in the fall.

So my question is...do you do your celebrations on the exact date or celebrate on any date if you find a cruise you like?

Thanks for your help.

We will be married 60 years next April. We are booked on a Bermuda cruise for the exact date. BUT... we plan to celebrate for at least 2 years from our 59th last April until our 61st in 2014.

~Doris~>Any excuse for cruising!!!

If the cruise falls on your anniversary, fine. If it doesn't, who cares! Celebrate whenever! You aren't likely to get any special consideration because of your anniversary, anyway.....so don't worry about that!

We did a Baltic/TA on our anniversary in August. Because it was 25, it was important for us to be cruising on the actual day. We renewed our vows as we crossed the Atlantic. I looked-- HAL still does their Voyage of the Vikings that goes TA in the far north (Denmark, Greenland, Iceland, down the Canadian coast) in August. You could try that.

When I did my Med cruise a couple of years ago, I cruised with my best friend, as it was our 30th Anniversary since our 1st trip to Europe.

I left my husband at home, lol.

Some will say I should get my priorieties stright - others will say I already have my priorities straight! :D

What do you think?

Thanks for your help.

by pure random chance our next one departs in our anniversary.. but usually..any 'extra' you want expect for a celebration is yours to arrange and pay for so there is no need to prove anything.

hell this last cruise we 'celebrated' DHs return from Overseas. nothing on the website to let you choose "home from deployment' as a reason to celebrate.

Princess's official policy is:

"If you have an event that is within 30 days prior to your voyage or 45 days after your voyage, we want to help you celebrate it in style."

They provide a small cake at dinner and a sign and balloons on your door. Although the official policy is as quoted above, nobody will question whatever you say.

Archived