Celebrity Website and...

Richard

I was checking Shore Excursions for my upcoming cruise on the Celebrity website and saw that my cruise status is listed as "ON HOLD EXPIRES IN 24 HOURS". I made this reservation many months ago and paid my deposit. I called Celebrity Customer Service, big mistake.The rep said she could not explain why the message appeared and as I had made my reservation through a Travel Agent and that I must contact them. The Supervisor said the same thing.

All I can say is what a wonderful system. Now I have to call my TA so he can call Celebrity to find out what is wrong with THEIR website so he can call me to say my reservation is OK and explain it is an error. All the rep had to say was your reservation in OK and our website is wrong..

What a surprise! I have been reading about their problems with their website and their clueless Customer Service reps and now I can confirm all I have read.

I love all their is about Celebrity, the ships, the food, the service but they had better get their act together when it comes to their website and answering customer questions.

Richard

I was getting the same message with my reservation. It eventually changed, but I think it was 2-3 months after my deposit was made. I contacted my TA to make sure Celebrity had received my deposit and they told me that records show that my reservation was confirmed and eventually Celebrity would change the message on the website.

My TA contacted Celebrity and they told him I must have used my user name and password to enter their website. He said I need to use my reservation number instead. Guess what ? I did what Celebrity said to do and lo and behold my reservation still reads "ON HOLD EXPIRES IN 24 HOURS". Oh, he did say my reservation was OK; my deposit was made in January.

What a bunch of incompetent reps and still a terrible website. There is nothing else I can say.

Richard

• 7 months later...

Just came across this older thread during a Google search.

I made a change through my TA a few hours ago and it states the new updated cabin number but it also has on the web site "On Hold Expires in 24 hours"

I guess they still have not found the problem with their web site.

I had tis happen to the 2nd half of a b2b. The 2nd sailing said"on hold, expires in 24 hours", even though both halves were booked at the same time. It took 2 calls by my TA to Celebrity to get it changed. I really don't think that it mattered much, because I saw the message for 3 or 4 days, & it did say that I paid a deposit.

They really have to fix their site,it is an embarrassment!

Just booked a cruise using an Open Passages certificate and when I tried to add it to my reservation under My Celebrity I got this message.

"Your booking is already associated with another My Celebrity account."

Really, who is using my Open Passage number? LOL

I too had that message on my reservation and thanks, you just reminded me about it. I paid my deposit a month ago and kind of forgot all about it. I will have to check into it. By the way, along with the 1-2-3-go promo it said the deposit would be 50% less at time of booking which mine was not, it was the full amount but I never bothered to inquire about it since it just means less to pay later. No biggie I guess.

...just what the heck *I* am doing that is *S*O* obviously wrong. :confused:

I just got done yesterday, completing the online check in process, printing cruise documents and express passes, and ordering luggage tags. I also registered online with Celebrity for the Cruise Critic Connections Party. :D

This upcoming transatlantic on Silhouette, will be my fourth cruise with the company, after sailing Infinity, Solstice, and Constellation. :)

I have often checked their websight for current prices, (mainly, to see how big a discount I am getting from my preferred online site) and general information about my ship or cruise, and have never had ANY problem. :eek:

The FIRST time I used their online check in, I did have a couple of questions. I called their toll free number and received exceptionally friendly, knowledgeable and efficient service that answed my questions in a matter of two or three minutes. ;)

I have called the Captains Club number twice, and both times, my questions were answered to my satisfaction in one or two minutes.

I have used the same online site for every last one of my ten cruises (with three different cruise lines) and I have never ONCE had a single problem, or ANY of these concerns. You find a cruise, you shop for a good deal, you make a decision, you pay the bill, and show up at the pier...???

Just WHAT ARE all the these problems that everyone is encountering? What am I missing??? :rolleyes:

I was checking Shore Excursions for my upcoming cruise on the Celebrity website and saw that my cruise status is listed as "ON HOLD EXPIRES IN 24 HOURS". I made this reservation many months ago and paid my deposit. I called Celebrity Customer Service, big mistake.The rep said she could not explain why the message appeared and as I had made my reservation through a Travel Agent and that I must contact them. The Supervisor said the same thing.

All I can say is what a wonderful system. Now I have to call my TA so he can call Celebrity to find out what is wrong with THEIR website so he can call me to say my reservation is OK and explain it is an error. All the rep had to say was your reservation in OK and our website is wrong..

What a surprise! I have been reading about their problems with their website and their clueless Customer Service reps and now I can confirm all I have read.

I love all their is about Celebrity, the ships, the food, the service but they had better get their act together when it comes to their website and answering customer questions.

Richard

First of all -- when it comes to X's worse-than-useless website, you're preaching to the choir! I've long been of the opinion that they should hire a couple of high school students to fix it for them. :rolleyes:

But, in this case, the X customer service reps were not clueless -- they were correct. If your booking was made and is being managed by a TA, they (X) cannot discuss anything about it with you -- you must contact your TA for that information. Having done this dance a couple of times in our early cruising days, we decided to do our own bookings. That way, if a problem arises, we can deal directly with the cruise line to resolve it. :cool:

And, it is unfortunate that your TA had to take his/her valuable time to confirm that the message you received was due to a computer glitch -- but it is part of their job. If you truly enjoy your cruise experience on board Celebrity, then all the rest of this can be chalked up to minor aggravation. ;)

• 2 months later...

Has anybody actually successfully cruised with their reservation "on hold, expires in 24 hours"? Mine has been showing this for 5 or 6 weeks. Every time I call celebrity they put me on hold with estimated wait times of 10-20 minutes. I'm not wasting that many cell phone minutes sitting on hold.

My biggest concern is that I'm going to miss a reminder about final payment date! Since I haven't gotten squat from my TA or Celebrity about the booking.

I got half a mind to just pay now, and if they won't let me on the ship I'll just do a chargeback through the credit card.

I should not have to suffer this anxiety and uncertainty over my vacation. Truly shameful. This is my first experience with celebrity and I am thus far not impressed.

Has anybody actually successfully cruised with their reservation "on hold, expires in 24 hours"? Mine has been showing this for 5 or 6 weeks. Every time I call celebrity they put me on hold with estimated wait times of 10-20 minutes. I'm not wasting that many cell phone minutes sitting on hold.

My biggest concern is that I'm going to miss a reminder about final payment date! Since I haven't gotten squat from my TA or Celebrity about the booking.

I got half a mind to just pay now, and if they won't let me on the ship I'll just do a chargeback through the credit card.

I should not have to suffer this anxiety and uncertainty over my vacation. Truly shameful. This is my first experience with celebrity and I am thus far not impressed.

Hi, if you booked through a Travel Agency? They are the ones you must

go through.

Oh, the onboard service is much better than the land/website.

i was checking shore excursions for my upcoming cruise on the celebrity website and saw that my cruise status is listed as "on hold expires in 24 hours". I made this reservation many months ago and paid my deposit. I called celebrity customer service, big mistake.the rep said she could not explain why the message appeared and as i had made my reservation through a travel agent and that i must contact them. The supervisor said the same thing.

All i can say is what a wonderful system. Now i have to call my ta so he can call celebrity to find out what is wrong with their website so he can call me to say my reservation is ok and explain it is an error. All the rep had to say was your reservation in ok and our website is wrong..

What a surprise! I have been reading about their problems with their website and their clueless customer service reps and now i can confirm all i have read.

I love all their is about celebrity, the ships, the food, the service but they had better get their act together when it comes to their website and answering customer questions.

Richard

we have been telling them for about 18 mo. The web site is the worst of any cruise line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived