Changing dining reservation times

Carnevale

We've booked our times in the special dining venues but were not able to get exactly what we wanted. I know we can look into the possibility of changing the times on the day we board depending on availability. What I'm wondering is whether or not I can change the time online since the system stays open until 7 days before sailing.

I've gone online and can see my reservations, but I didn't find a way of changing them. It looked like I would have to cancel what I have in order to get in to see what else might be available. I don't want to do that as we are within 45 days so those who booked a little later than us have had access and I suspect there might not be much left. So I'd like to keep what I've got until I see something better.

How can I see what else might be available?

Thanks!

We've booked our times in the special dining venues but were not able to get exactly what we wanted. I know we can look into the possibility of changing the times on the day we board depending on availability. What I'm wondering is whether or not I can change the time online since the system stays open until 7 days before sailing.

I've gone online and can see my reservations, but I didn't find a way of changing them. It looked like I would have to cancel what I have in order to get in to see what else might be available. I don't want to do that as we are within 45 days so those who booked a little later than us have had access and I suspect there might not be much left. So I'd like to keep what I've got until I see something better.

Thanks!

Your existing Online Reservations may not be changed as such, you would need to cancel and re-book them.

This of course can be a conundrum because after cancelling there is no guarantee that you will find availability when and where you want it.

We had very good luck with bringing the reservation card to the main restaurant reservations desk, located in the entrance foyer, during the cruise. They were extremely accommodating, particularly if we gave them a few days notice.

Why not just call Oceania or have your TA call and ask for the times you want

You can easily do this by phone. I called the number that I found somewhere on the webpage with my booking info and the person who answered was very helpful in giving me options to change an existing reservation. I wanted to switch nights because I found out that the group we were traveling with had planned a group dinner for the night of one of our specialty reservations. I was able to change it via the one phone call. You probably want to make the call yourself rather than through your TA so you can decide on the new date/time after hearing what is available.

Thanks!

Prebooking just isn't that important. We are always able to get as many times as we wish on board by being flexible. There is a Toscana'Polo captain in the Terrace every morning. If she can't fit you in one day, she will the next. If you need to cancel ,place do so early to make room for someone else. We saw people simply show up rather late and were not turned away.

Thanks to all who replied. I'll give O a call. It's too bad they don't improve the online reservation system to handle this - it would be more convenient for their guests and less expensive for them (the cost savings to organizations of customers doing self-service online versus calling a staff person can be big).

Thanks to all who replied. I'll give O a call. It's too bad they don't improve the online reservation system to handle this - it would be more convenient for their guests and less expensive for them (the cost savings to organizations of customers doing self-service online versus calling a staff person can be big).

You can change it online but as others have pointed out you need to cancel the existing reservation before you can rebook a new time/date

You are only allowed 1 per restaurant when booking online ( I think) so trying to get 2 reservations for the same restaurant does not work until you cancel the prebooked one

Just my 2 cents

Lyn

You can change it online but as others have pointed out you need to cancel the existing reservation before you can rebook a new time/date

You are only allowed 1 per restaurant when booking online ( I think) so trying to get 2 reservations for the same restaurant does not work until you cancel the prebooked one

Not to get too geeky, but if there is enough demand for this kind of capability, it wouldn't be a difficult programming change. The online system already checks to see if there is an existing reservation so instead of just refusing a new booking it could respond by displaying the existing reservation and ask if you wish to replace it all in one transaction. Just a thought. If enough people ask O for that on-line capability it just might happen.

Just my 2 cents

Lyn

I think you may have misunderstood. I am not trying to get more reservations than I am entitled to but rather would simply like to change the time of some of the reservations I currently hold if there is something open at a time that would work better. As I've mentioned, I know I can cancel and rebook, but I do not want to do that out of fear that I'll give up what I've got only to discover there are no available later times (i.e., I could end up with an even earlier booking which would make it all worse).

Thunderbird56 you read my mind. That's exactly the kind of cost effective customer self-serve solution I've seen work so well in other situations. It would be a nice value-add for O's guests.

Here are the rules for booking on-line:

Number of reservations (Regatta, Insignia, Nautica):

Owner's Suite, Vista Suite, Penthouse Suite and Concierge Level Veranda

0-7 Sailing Days: 1 reservations at each restaurant

10-17 Sailing Days: 2 reservations at each restaurant

18+ Sailing Days: 3 reservations at each restaurant

Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Stateroom

0-17 Sailing Days: 1 reservations at each restaurant

18+ Sailing Days: 2 reservations at each restaurant

Number of reservations (Marina and Riviera):

Owner's Suite, Vista Suite, Oceania Suite

0-7 Sailing Days: 1 reservation at each restaurant

8+ Sailing Days: 2 reservations at each restaurant

All other suites and staterooms

All Sailings: 1 reservation at each restaurant

If you are eligible to book 2 or more reservations, you may make the multiple reservations at any time from 90 to 45 days till 7 days before embarkation, depending on cabin category.

Cheers,

Don

I think you may have misunderstood. I am not trying to get more reservations than I am entitled to but rather would simply like to change the time of some of the reservations I currently hold if there is something open at a time that would work better.

I think you misunderstood me ;)

I am not saying you are trying for more than your share but I seem to recall that the system at the present time is only set up to do 1 reservation per restaurant (even if you are entitled to more)

Yes having a system where you could change your time slot whiling holding the current reservation would be good ( I am not an IT person) it could also have some drawbacks as well

If it were me I would just call O & see what times are available & if they suit your needs then get them to make the change ..provided you are not in the cut off time frame

I am sure no matter what time slot you get you will not be disappointed

Lyn

Just a caution about the phone call which is the only option. I changed a reservation I had made online through a call and was given the new date and tine. However, the change wasn't actually made. I suggest u recheck a few days after the change to confirm it has actually been made.

Archived