Where does everyone like to sit shows..allure

i was just watching the great video about the allure on you tube getting psyched for our July 29 sailing when I saw how big the amber lounge is..

What is your strategy for getting seats other than being there 1/2 hr before.. It appears there are multiple decks to sit on - so are there multiple entrances???

Where are the best seats other than FR??

In my Oasis review I give an analysis of where to sit for each show. The ships are built exactly alike and the concept of the shows is similar to the twin show on the other vessel..Too lengthy to repeat here, but you can search by my user name.

The jist of it is : for the main theater is that if you enter on the balcony level deck. There is rarely a line and the doors open at the exact same time. If you really want to be downstairs there is an interior staircase, you'd probably get there before the folks in the middle of the deck 4 line. We prefer to sit in the balcony for quick get aways if the show is not working for us. Don't sit in the first or second row of the balcony- it's got a metal bar that obstructs your view (don't know why...their older vessels have a glass partition to avoid this!) If sitting downstairs, watch for pole obstructions, there are not seats right behind poles, but poles obstruct some views from a row or two behind it. And lastly, for the Blue Planet show, don't sit smack in the front row, much of the action takes place in the air overhead!

As I said more details about Studio B seating etc, in my review. I often read Allure reviews before sailing Oasis...it was very helpful! Have fun!:D

This is essential...on Allure and Oasis and any other RCI ship that has a reservation feature for shows, make reservations. Those who have reservations are permitted to enter the auditorium first, so those folks get the best seats.

Even with reservations for the most popular shows, if you are really, really particular about what seat you want, you probably will still have to show up a half hour before the doors open. If you are not so particular about where you sit, it may not be necessary to show up and get in line so early.

There are usually two lines. One is the line before the doors open for those with reservations. The other line is the stand-by line for those without reservations. These folks are permitted to enter ten minutes before show time unless, for some reason, it is a slow night and the lines are short or there is no line, then you may get in much earlier.

The gist....sit wherever you like....we've never arrived more than 15 mins. prior and get good seats.....if you have a large party, you need to arrive sooner, to get seats together, if you wish.

This is a little misleading because unlike other ships, on this class, seats that look good, like FR for Blue Planet, or center section at Quest, are really not! So its possible to enter the theater at any time and think you have scored an excellent seat, when in reality, its not. We also never showed up more than 20 minutes early for any show and also had no problem finding good seats, but thats because we knew where the bad ones are to avoid them! I think that's what the OP is asking about.

We prefer to be close to the stage for "Come Fly with Me." But center seats close to the stage will go quickly.... so....

If coming about 5 minutes before the show starts, enter left and find seats very close to the front on the left side. Still a great view! (as I learned from Disney World, most people tend to go to the right!)

You will be annoyed by:

a) those who hold a whole row of seats for their late arriving friends

b) those who come after the show stars and prance up to the front of the theatre looking for seats

So its possible to enter the theater at any time and think you have scored an excellent seat, when in reality, its not....

Absolutely! The reason "those seats" are vacant? Oh, could be the big pole there in the middle, or the metal bar in your line of vision. ;)

OP, can only speak to Oasis, but we prefer the very back row of the theater, balcony. Honestly, I'm a little claustrophobic so the sooner I can get out of a crowded theater, the better. If we sit in the back row, we can usually start to make our "getaway" when the CD comes out on stage and says, "One more round of applause!". Yeah, bye bye. :D:p

Archived