C&A boarding with others who aren't ...

my family leaves in 2 weeks on allure .. Me, DH Mom and Dad are all C&A members... Albeit only Gold status... My sister and her family are first time cruisers... I want to make sure we all get that first " Ahh, Ohhh, WOW " moment together when we enter the promenade together..

I thought I read that C&A get to board first depending on status..

Is there a place for us to wait for my sisters family after we have our welcome aboard pic taken so we can all board together??

Thoughts?

they used to let us board with my parents who were platinum members when we were newbs. my wife & i (platinum) are cruising w/ 2 other couples (gold) and are hoping they will be able to go through the platinum line with us. if not, ill have a drink waiting for them!

It is not so much a "board first by status" as it is seperate check in lines which speeds the process for C & A members through smaller lines based on category v. general boarding lines. This certainly can result in C & A members boarding ahead of the rest but it is not staged by time, etc. to be so. Check with C & A but if you are all on the same reservation you typically can all board together with the Gold check in. Enjoy your cruise - awesome ship class! Especially for first timers.

Like leaveitallbehind said, the Crown & Anchor lines for gold are for check-in. There shouldn't be any problem with your non-member family joining you there.

Priority Boarding is available for Platinum and higher, so you will all be boarding together anyway.

The check in process is so organized, slick, and expedient, I'm sure you'll have no concerns. If there are people waiting in line, often the C&A clerks will just call you over to them, even if you aren't a C&A member.

There is a place to wait for each other and all meet up before you enter the ship. So yes, you can all have that WOW factor together, not to worry. :)

It's worth remembering that the priority boarding is a perk and you don't have to use it so if the other members of your party can't join you in the priority queue there is nothing to stop you joining them. Of course "priority boarding" doesn't always work.....we were on the Jewel of the Seas sailing from Harwich a few weeks ago and my husband and I joined the priority queue while our daughter and friend were in the normal one - guess who was onboard first?? That's right - so much for priority.

Gill

After you check in you can wait right by the photographers for the whole group to finish check in and then get a group welcome aboard photo. They will take multiple pics if you want, they are there to make money!

I sailed Freedom in Dec. My wife and I took our kids/grandkids with us. They had never cruised before this trip. We took them into our line and the agent checked us all in at the same time; then we boarded ship at the same time.

It's emerald upwards that tends to get priority boarding cards - all go together and stand together and check in together - they are usually happy to walk and fetch the room cards from another section

Or all use the same boarding number - whichever gets called first

On the Oasis (same terminal as Allure) in June, they had a seperate "pre-boarding" waiting area for Gold, as well as Gold check in lines. Worst case just all check in together, get your pictures, and if you must wait, just all sit together in the general waiting area. I watched non-Gold get turned away from sitting (IE my mother) so I just joined her in the general area and solved that one. ENJOY! :D

Archived